Homework - college edition

So I've got a TON of college homework to do in the course of one month and it's just too much!  I mean I have a job I need to keep (if I want to eat) and I need to at least get an hour of sleep!  COME ON PROFESSORS!  WHYYYY?!
I have to...
- Write a 20 page short story.  Ok THIS I don't mind but I'm in a bad writers block and it's the worst possible time to have it
-__- 
- Write a study thesis paper on Flannery O'Connor's work.  Not only difficult but the prof doesn't even give us guidelines or help.  Just gives us a paper with few words on it (due date, project, minor stuff) and says the stupid topic summary is due Monday.  He also says we have to use our library to get the materials needed but when it's not under construction (which is rare), I can't go due to class or work.
- Write a fake report and use 50 bibliography references in a specific work cited style that the professor wants and is a stickler about.  Also 50 is a 'minimum' number which means you don't do 60-70, you're screwed.  And my assigned fake report is on detectives from Sherlock Holmes.  Fun.
- Memorize 20 japanese kanji symbols, 30 vocabulary words and 2 grammar points in two days.  As much as I love Japanese class, it's a little too pressuring to dump this right when I have other projects.
- Exams. ALL.  THE.  FREAKIN.  TIME.

tl dr; I've got a ton of homework in college.  Good thing a hospital is right next to camps cause my brain is about to explode....
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Fifty references?  I don't think I got even remotely close to that many references on any of the reports I wrote. 
Ah, good times. Be sure to take advantage of your campus' 'quiet rooms' to write papers or study. Those helped me a bunch. Also headphones. People get stupid loud when they're running off little sleep which was often the case in the computer labs or design studios at 4 AM.
What kind of story, dude? If you're free to write whatever you want, try writing the most batshit insane things you can think up. I recently wrote a horror story about a generator that runs on souls. Crazy stuff actually helps break writer's block, I've found. 
Wow. Sure glad I never went to fucking college. Why would you want to do all that shit.
I feel your pain. Have to draw some 5000 frames, get recordings in order, get sound in order, render and back up the frames, put scenes together in after effects, render that, edit that, render it again and all this for six videos, and somehow finish three thesis papers along with it in two months. If my teachers don't like it I don't even get my degree. Had I known this beforehand, I would've skipped that internship and do it during summer break. Fucking college. :stare: 
This is why I love my course.
You should change your major to something related to biology. We rarely had homework, maybe a paper to read or a 2-3 page paper to write.

Of course, (almost) your entire grade depends on 4 tests, memorizing pages and pages of class notes of nothing but minutia. For biochemistry we had to memorize the structures of the Krebs cycle, of the (20) amino acids, the glycolytic cycle, etc. For organic chemistry we memorized 40 different mechanisms per test, and then everything for the final. For immunology we needed to know what cascades go with B-cells, and the nitty-gritty of those, and the T-cells, and the nitty-gritty of that, and how these react with viruses versus human cells, etc.

But yeah, hardly any homework to turn in. Heart 
It's not that bad, you'll get used to it, I'm guessing the workload between US highschools and uni is pretty drastic.. 2nd and 3rd year you get used to it and it's pretty 'breezy'. The workload seriously levels up in forth year, especially if you've left your  'seminar classes'/research/lab classes for the end... But again, not unmanageable. 
lmao this is why I'm so glad I'm not going to college. Fuck that bullshit 
Agreed! :nod: Took the words right out of my mouth! Well, fingertips, since I'm typing, not speaking.