Damn My Luck

I know I already posted today but I'm pissed off right now....

I just spent two hours writing a mini story and I had completed part one perfectly. It was amazing! And then my computer flips out and leaves the page before I got to save it.

:stare: 

Fuck my life. I know I could just start over but damn that was frustrating. *face palm* I'm not gonna stop kicking myself for that one. 

Guess I'll have to write in on my other lap top that doesn't have internet access. 

I'm just...awg! Good God I'm pissed off at myself right now! I was just about to save and submit the damn thing right when it happened to! 

>.< 

Anti-Complaint: I found a troll took my bait! :D It's so entertaining. 
Poor little Tea Pot doesn't even realize what happened. 
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't like your tone.
Why don't people know how to save?
Write. On. Paper.
This is why I use Microsoft Word for this sort of thing. Even if something happens and I lose the progress before I can save, its Autosave feature opens it back up the next time I start up the program.

Still, I remember something similar happening in a video game once. I was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and was in the middle of building an aircraft carrier in the scenario creation mode. I had most of it done and was halfway finished with the flight deck --the most tedious part of the process-- when someone crashed their car into the substation downtown and caused a blackout. In addition to that, I can't tell you how many times I've lost a ton of progress in Skyrim due to game freezes and power outages.
So I guess next time you'll... SAVE yourself some trouble!
This is why I stick to pencil and paper :B
Ctrl+S. Learn to use it.
Always be saving.
Every couple minutes hit ctrl+s. It happens to everyone. Hopefully only once, because hopefully you realize the importance of hitting ctrl+s like you're obsessive compulsive. Because I can guarantee the minute you stop acting like if you don't ctrl+s every 5 minutes that the world will explode, that's when you're computer will decide it's high time to cause some chaos.
Thats why I save as often as I can. I'm a save whore. Documents, video games; I'm kinda paranoid about losing work. 
A whole two hours? That's like soooooooooooooo long. :iconraritydramaplz:
you know whats even longer?
thirty minutes
how could someone even stand writing for so long! Cry forever 
Why did you wait till it was finished to save?
Ima coffee pot not tea pot!

though I should have been tea pot :3
I would become "Tea--Bag" TellMeMoreEyesplz by ToucheElfeAphrodite
It's only gross if you make it gross. In this case, its pretty gross.
This happened to me on a writing assignment once.  Petting is sensual! 
This happens to literally everyone. If you are a artist, writer, or musician, you computer WILL be an asshole and cancel out your work.
Notes For The World Of ThraesiaWorld: Thraesia
People: Thrae
Six Races
6 Continents
The Ancient Language of Thraesia:
Is a dying language only used by an ancient marginalization that consists mostly of Puries called Owls. This language is often abbreviated as A.T. or called by modern Thrae, Ancient Thraesian. The original name was Felshe.
Three main religions:
Phasianism [Fay-sha-nis-em]
Includes two main gods and 2 demi gods
Fasan: Immortal god of the sun, day and summer. When happy he is said to bring life good fortune and plenty of resources for survival. When displeased he is known for bringing droughts, causing wild fires, radiation, destruction of crops, starvation and wars.
God of Wind and Sky, fire, warmth, day, light and the sun
Bringer of growth, middle of life cycle
Symbols: Sun, candles, fire lilies
Animals associated with: fire flies, scarlet ibis, fire foxes, lions, flarolves.
Husband of Saja
Saja: immortal goddess of the moon, night and winter. When happy she is said to bring less harsh winters, happi

Life In Savna: Part 1
World: Thraesia
Continent: Savna
Province: Phaj (Second Province)
City: Medna

A tall, figure dressed in a thick fur jacket and fur pants and white snow boots, also fur stood a the edge of the cliff. The harsh, cold wind was the only welcome one could get here in the second province of Savna. She stood still, back facing the wind, looking over the raging sea of temperatures cold enough to kill. The ice was breaking, it was summer here, in Phaj, though one might not agree with that. Diarre had been standing in the same position for a long time now.
"Diarre!" A voice cried out through to harsh winds, "Diarre!"
It was her younger sister, Luin. Diarre turned to face the wind which blew her fur hood off of her head, revealing the silver hair underneath. Diarre searched but could only see snow. She broke into a sprint and followed the cries from Luin. The young Albian searched for her sister's figure. Thankfully Luin had black hair otherwise it would be nearly impossible to find her.