We can agree to disagree

:stare: no we fucking can't.

Agreeing to disagreeing works for opinions and subjective shit. Philosophy, religion, what have you. I could even accept you believing in alternative medicine: it's fucking stupid, but as long as you don't push your beliefs on others and hurt only yourself, I don't care. Just don't procreate.

But when I'm listing to you a whole lot of LEGAL REASONS why what you're saying is wrong, we can't agree to disagree goddammit. :iconfrageplz: there's no interpreting the possibilities, there's being sued and not being sued.

TL;DR my ass, the thread is shorter than a Hobbit lying flat.

Bonus complaint: an acquaintance who knows very well that I'm atheist and, if he exists, I hate god like I would hate a friend who ignores my every request for help and advice, brought me a gift from Medjugorje, introducing the gift with "I'm giving it to you even if I know you disagree". Not, you know, "I took you this gift because my faith is really strong so I hope you'll appreciate it because I care about you and only had the best thoughts," her only words were I DONT CARE IF YOU HATE IT, TAKE IT. Well thanks very much, asshole. I even got the dreaded question "but whyyyy don't you believe in god?"
Le sigh.

Anti-complaint: No anti-complaint, my husband is STILL on the other side of the world. :stare:
Comments161
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yep. Religious people can have atrocious public relations skills. I would have felt awkward if a Christian or Muslim gave me a Bible or a Quran and told me to take it despite my doubts. I have my own faith, but I wouldn't want to shove it down another person's throat, because even if I wanted to promote my beliefs, that would be a terrible way to do so.
Yeah. :hmm: I mean, my husband is in the US right now, and his family - though he's publicly an atheist - invites him to religious things every now and then. And he says yes because he'd feel bad otherwise, but I can't wait until I'm there with him so he has me as excuse to say no.
Yeah, I see what you mean.
*cough* cleansing *cough* of the gene pool. *cough* 
It's my biggest hope for the future.
My brightest hope for the future is that I manage to gain immortality. 
Well, that's a hope for your future only though. I was speaking more in general, like "the world's future".
yes, My hope for the world is that I gai immortality. With immortality I could make he world a better place.
I don't know, look at God, he's supposedly immortal and he's doing a shitty job.
The difference is that he doesn't exist, I do.
View all replies
We can agree to disagree, take it out, beat the shit out of each other and continue with our lives and continue disagreeing :la:
:lol: I WILL NOT AGREE TO DISAGREE ON FACTS.

We can agree to disagree on opinions if you want. :paranoid:
well thats your opinion.
Opinion of objective fact? =P
No, it's not my opinion, it's a fact, so it's not something you can disagree on. I'm sorry if it's a concept too hard to grasp.
Wait, what happened to make you atheist?
What happened to make you what you are now? :shrug: life is what happened, and since we're all different, because of it some people will believe and some will not - and it's not only those who went through hardship, suffering and sadness who become atheists. Some people just don't understand the need for a god, and religion.

I don't know why people have to ask others what made them atheist as if it's obvious that something bad or ugly must have happened to separate them from religion; I'm not saying that's the way you meant it, but that's what people usually mean with that question, so be careful when you ask about this kind of things.
I've been this religion all my life

Ok, sorry
I don't like people who agree to disagree.