Just gonna complain about my life right now.

I know I complained about my job before, but I'm gonna skip that part since most of the regulars here already know what's up.

I know this is generally how life goes, but I'm just going to vent. Okay? Okay.

Shit happens all at once way too often. Pretty much had a breakdown today (at work, of course)

I (unfortunately) have an apartment with my mother. We're both on the lease. She texted me today stating she wants to quit her job because this man that she has to work with is a sexist pig. Problem? I can't afford rent alone. ON TOP OF THAT she is thinking of moving back home to take care of my grandparents. Whether or not that is before the end of our lease in September or not, I have no idea.

Now for the ongoing shit that's been weighing on me. My grandma, who raised me, has been fighting stage 4 lung cancer for around a year. She's home, not in the hospital or anything, but I know her time is running out--I doubt she has more than a couple of years left.

Also, my grandpa is in the hospital, we think he may have some health complications relating to some previous health issues.

Idk guys... this all sucks ass. -_-
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:tighthug: You're welcome
Your mom should grab her dick and lawyer up instead of run
away.
She'll need a job if she moves to the grandparents.
Plus she has to give you the chance to get settled and such
if you're going to have to find a new place.
She can't just up and go.

You have too much to deal with.
Yeah I honestly agree that she should fight all this sexist bullshit, but apparently no one in HR really cares.

As for the rest... I'll adapt I guess, if it comes to that. I had a talk with her and she told me that she isn't moving until the lease is up unless there's a problem with my grandparents--especially if my grandpa has to have surgery.  If he has to have surgery my mom will HAVE to go up, because there's no one to really help them and my grandma can barely take care of herself--she won't be able to help my grandpa post-op.

We're hoping it won't come to that. Trying to be optimistic.
Tell your mom to get a new job first.

Sorry to hear about your grandparents... 
Yeah I definitely had that discussion with her.

Thanks, I know it happens to everyone at some point, but that doesn't make it easier :/
That's good and yeah.. these things are always sad and hard to deal with.
I'm fairly certain there are laws surrounding one or more parties breaking a lease, especially if that situation creates losses for the landlord. If you're not already up to speed with your local laws, I would do a little research.

Your mother needs to put her big girl panties on and actually handle the situation rather than run from it. Sad how so many adults are incapable of acting their own age.
Yeah, I will be doing some research if it comes to that. Though, I had a good talk with my mom last night after I posted the thread and she assured me that she's not planning on leaving until the lease is up. Also, if she did have to leave early she said she'd send me money to help pay if it came to that. It's not like I can't trust her, there was just a lot of shit going on yesterday and both of us were extremely upset about our own separate and shared problems.

Also, that last bit you said is true. Sometimes I feel like I'm more the parent than she is, which is fucked up.
Well, I'm glad that the situation was a result of heightened tensions and emotion rather than something more serious. It is good that you two had a follow-up conversation to clear the air.

My mother felt more like an angry older sister to me than a parent. So, I understand. 
despite my talk with her, nothing is ever certain with how she is. She's very back-and-forth on literally everything. The woman can't even decide what to eat when she's literally so hungry it's painful and it's like "OMG DUDE MAKE UP YOUR MIND" and then she does, and it's usually the wrong choice -_-
Your mother sounds like the embodiment of adult female stereotype on that front. 
If your mom leaves, just advertise for a roommate. It won't be the end of the world, though it will be annoying, it's survivable.

As for grandparents... the sad truth is, they are old and our time with them is limited. That's why we have to treasure what time we have with them.
I have a potential roommate lined up, so that's not so bad I guess.

Yeah, People don't live forever... And I did cherish my time with them. I just wish I could be with them more now, but I live a 24-hour drive away. (I'm in southern FL, they're in NJ)
That sucks :saddummy:

I hope things work out for you :hug:
That sucks ass-how long's your contract for the place?
until September...
Yeah... I was able to have a sit-down with her though. Unless something major happens with my grandparents (as in their health), she isn't planning on going up there until the lease is up.