Abortion and Pro-Choicers!

I'm doing a Hortatory Exposition (basically a persuasive speech) in English and we have to choose a human rights topic that we actually give a damn about. I knew mine straight away; abortion.
Now, for the title. I am pro-choice, personally. Why I'm complaining is that I want to interview people for my speech, get opinions and while the people I interview will remain anonymous, I plan to share these with others, arguing for or against the points made depending on the stand point of the person I interviewed. If that made any sense.
I can't find any pro-lifers to talk to in real life! Everyone is pro-choice and that makes for few interviews. One sided opinions with nothing to rebut would mean a very boring speech.

Okay this complaint is really lame, do what you want.
Oh, and if you're pro-life, please, for the love of all things educational, please, come and let me question you. I won't flame you, I just need your opinions and the like.

Bonus complaint: I haven't slept in three days because I've been so stressed about the school play. I don't know for sure if I'm in or not.
Anti-complaint: I have a pen pal now! It's so exciting, I can't wait to start making packages to send her!

Warning: If you share your opinion, be pretty prepared to have others try and oppose it. I've seen abortion arguments in stamps and (while I think it's entertaining) a lot of people end up with their panties in a bunch. So... chill.

tl;dr: I can't find people with other opinions to interview.

That's all. Sorry for a boring complaint.
Comments365
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thank you everyone for your opinions. I already did my speech and got a B+ for it. Locking now for the fact that I don't need it any more. 
People who force others to carry the baby...:stare:
I'm definitely a pro-lifer , but if you can't use over the internet interviews then I probably won't be of much help XD
I... am not really pro life, or pro-choice. Kinda somewhere in between.

In my opinion, yes, a woman can do whatever she so pleases with her body, but just because she can, doesn't mean it is right.

If a woman can have a child and force a man to pay child support, why is it fair that he (father of the child) has no say in whether or not the child can be aborted?

I feel like if a woman gets pregnant, if possible, she should consult the father (or potential father) and gain his opinion. He may want the child, and in the event that he wants the child but she doesn't, he can pay for her medical bills and in the end, she can sign away her rights to the child. 

also, in my opinion, regardless of the situation a woman shouldn't get an abortion past 20 weeks, which is roughly 6 months of age UNLESS there is a medical emergency. Because (and I understand sometimes flukes happen but, generally speaking) how in the hell do you NOT know that you are pregnant? Do you not keep track of your cycles? didn't notice some bodily changes? etc. etc.?
If you don't have ovaries, you don't get a say in the argument.

If you're not the one carrying the fetus, you don't get a say in what decision the actual carrier makes.

:B
THIS. No man should ever have a say in an abortion since he's no the one carrying the fetus and isn't the one risking health and life carrying it and isn't the one who has to deal with all the hormone swings and worse. 
Just because something is legal and you have a legal right to it doesn't make it morally right. Up until the 1860s, people in the U.S. had the right own slaves. Slave owners thought they were morally in the right. Fast forward 150 years, and now all Americans agree that slavery was (and is) a bad thing. Some freedoms just shouldn't be granted.

Sure, when the mother's life is in danger because of the pregnancy, I don't suppose I'd be opposed to them having such an option available, but aside from that, I don't think so. When it comes to rape/incest, that's a bit of a gray area that I'd rather not form an opinion on. I'll keep my distance.

Funny story... A few years ago, my state tried to pass a law to ban all abortions, including rape/incest, though not for medical purposes like I stated above. It was put on the ballot on Election Day. It failed due to being too strict. Thus, the legislature came out with a revised version that included the concessions demanded by the people (namely, the rape/incest part), and put it on the next ballot. It failed due to being too lax.
:iconfacepalmplz:
Have you tried the politics forum? I'm sure that someone there will be happy to tell you about how abortion is part of the left-wing conspiracy to take over people's minds and rule the world.
My ovaries don't work, therefore I hold no right to have an opinion on abortion because I'll never be in the position to have one unless Prometheus happens  :la:
Prometheus? You think fire might make your ovaries work again? :lol:
The movie, dear, the movie. 
That wasn't "Prometheus happening", though, that was alien impregnation. Which happens in a large number of alien movies in plain absence of any Prometheus.
Well you see, as it was a casual comment on the internet. I said it light jest as I didn't expect anyone to take it seriously let alone nit pick it. And if you really want to get into the nitty gritty, it's because the protagonist, the red headed Elizabeth, is an infertile female. My name happens to be Elizabeth, I have red hair, and I'm infertile. 
Let's hope Prometheus doesn't happen quite literally to you, then. :fear:
I'm not pro-life but I'm just gonna rant here about abortion stuff:

i'm pro-choice, but i don't like pro-choicers much. Their whole, "my body, my choice" saying is not a good justification to abort. It's not all about you, there's a potential baby in there as well who may or may not have a soul, feel pain, etc. I would rather the pro-choicers say "I think a woman should have the right to follow her own conscience and do what she thinks is the most moral choice for herself as well as the fetus involved." A mature, wise pregnant woman would consider more than just her own happiness and wellbeing when deciding whether or not to abort. And sometimes, given the situation, PERHAPS abortion really is the most moral choice. Notice my emphasis on perhaps. Issues on morality are very complex. Plus, making something illegal doesn't stop it from happening, and increases the risk of women getting dangerous procedures. So I think the ideal situation would be to legalize abortion but raise children to be moral, selfless individuals so that if they do get pregnant, they can make the most informed and moral choice they can.

Also, why is abortion considered a feminist issue? I thought feminism was about having equal rights to men. But men don't get pregnant!   
My body, my choice is all the justification a woman needs for an abortion. You aren't paying the hospital bill for her, you aren't the one carrying a fetus you dont want and you are not the one risking life and health over a fetus. A woman has every right to abort. 

A baby is very expensive. A fetus is just a parasite, it doesn't think or have emotions or anything. 
What if the fetus has gotten to the point in its development where it does feel pain? would you still say "my body, my choice"? The issue is not so simple anymore to just say that. This is why I do not like to use that phrase. It implies that you are the only one who matters in the issue, but that's not always the case.
Doesn't matter. Not your body therefore you have zero say in what another adult does with her body. Its a woman's right to abort a fetus. It really is that simple
It is another woman's right but it doesn't mean it is the correct thing to do.

IMO, if a fetus develops past a certain point (i.e the point they can feel pain) a woman has lost her "right" to have an abortion unless her life is in danger. It takes quite a while (about 20 weeks, which is roughly 5 / 6 months) for a fetus to get to that point. At which, she is no longer dealing with "just" a bundle of cells.
A woman always has the right to an abortion. A woman never looses her RIGHT to have one. If a woman wants an abortion then its always her right to have one and no one has a right to tell her she can't have one
Do any of the conservatives on this site make actual art? It seems like every pro-lifer on this thread has a gallery full of selfies or squiggly MS-paint pictures. 
This topic amuses me.
My philosophy: Do whatever the fuck you want with your body.