Digital Art is Art?

I'm sure to get some hate for this one, but it's been bothering me for a while, and I can't keep it inside any longer - I don't think digital art is art. Yes, it is a talent and takes meticulous attention to detail and all that, but if you fuck up, you can press CTRL+Z and PRESTO! It's gone! Yet with traditional art, you got to make sure you DON'T make mistakes. I'm no Picasso, but this digital stuff is really irkin' me.

Edit: I'm not saying it isn't a talent and doesn't take skill, it IS a talent. I just don't think it is "art". ALSO I have no qualification whatsoever to say what is and isn't art, I'm just simply complaining. In the complaints thread. Which is for complaining.

Edit v2: Boy making people mad on here is easy

EDIT V3: ME RIGHT NOW I was extremely ignorant, and I realize that now. The kinder of the digital artists helped me appreciate it as an art form. I thought about editing away my previous comments, but that's some pussy shit. I ain't a pussy 8-) (Cool) so I'm keeping it up. Just realize now that I don't think digital art is not art anymore 
Comments493
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well, whether it's drawn traditional or digital that's something subjective I think.
Did you know? Music is a close relative to art, too :) and it can be made with instruments or with artificial sounds to compose soemthing what some people will like.
But even watercolour and ink has little cheats available to fix mistakes :shrug: using water to lift paint and using white (typex?) to cover ink lines. Not to mention a good ol' eraser.

I'd agree with you if you said digital art makes things easier (or is easier for some) and is a more affordable way to make art compared to traditional but saying it's outright not art....no way lol

Btw  did see that you took it back but I wanted a say dammit XD
Wish Leonardo Da Vinci was alive. Lich da Vinci would be cool.

Aquarius I by ToucheElfeAphrodite NecRomancer by ToucheElfeAphrodite
Sindarin Blu by ToucheElfeAphrodite
Well fuck you. Its art whether or not you think its not.
Read the edit, ;)
Good for you. I'm sorry I swore at you but that kind of stuff irks me.
yeah finally someone had the same think with me, digital art is art? sometime is annoying topic if you talk with "digitalart" artist, but according me even it still grayscale areas(digitalart) it is still makes me interested, how to make it,? although some of they digitalart artist won't to share their trick,
So none of this is art? 

Molly by Shadowhaxz0r The Wolves of Odin Return by grantgoboom Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace by MatthewRHumphreys Mermaid meets technology by LittleGreenFrog
In the days before computers, our ancestors had primitive but effective tools like erasers and white-out. I've been doing traditional art excursively for my drawings for quite a while now, and it's almost as easy to correct mistakes there as it is when drawing digitally. 
Comment Flagged as Spam
Dude that's fucked up if you watch that shit
littleshotaboy is probably going to call me a bully because the retard decided to block for the last word and then unblock to get the last word in once again.
too bad for them they can't pull the bully card in this situation. :la:
except i didn't do that.  
keep bawwing, it's entertaining.  
You're so full of bullshit, you also have a fucking horrible name in the complaints so who will honestly believe you?
What, am I supposed to go back in time and screen shot shit? Next BAAWWlock from you it's happening, your type is predictable.
I know you're the type of person who feels accomplished when someone blocks you.  
Anyone who uses the term "BAAWWlock" is the type of person who gets off on it.  
This must be frustrating for you that you got left out, huh?  
''I know you're the type of person who feels accomplished when someone blocks you.'' I might be a faggot but not that big of a faggot.
''
Anyone who uses the term "BAAWWlock" is the type of person who gets off on it.'' TWO assumptions in a row! let's keep going, shall we? :iconheplz:
''
This must be frustrating for you that you got left out, huh?'' No, it's helping my count post and got you into the complaints at the same time. I've mentioned you like a dozen times while blocked. :slow:
i'm a faggot. owo
that's impossible because i never blocked you. o.O
can you link me those mentions?  because otherwise i just don't believe it.  
No, I post in like forty threads a day, even if I wanted to the shit gets typed, sent, and I've already forgotten which thread I replied to. It would be possible if dA had a better way to keep forum post history, then I would.
If you don't believe me, I'm almost at 3k posts a month. :B I'm not keeping track of shit, and you refuse to back your side with anything aside from emotes and lol i ttly didn't do that yourself.
View all replies
Who can really? Still, I can't believe some of the people who do it are stupid enough to think that their crap is worth money, it will always be free to me, hahaha!

PS: Who could call this stupid piece of shit (that some hopeless phony made) art?

That Moment With Her by Maxi-Moran
I can set fire to the Mona Lisa about as quickly as I can press CTRL+Z