Owners of corporations haven't replaced CEO's and the like with robots

I might be giving more credit then is due but I'd like to think that jobs like CEO and other "Big wigs" in companies can now be outsourced to machines, primarily computer programs. Think of the money a corporate body could save and such, might just be me being optimistic about the potential of poetic justice you know.

thoughts anyone?
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: Locked as this is not suited for the complaints forum. Please read and become familiar with the forum rules before posting.

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?
You would need one that could suck up to the board of directors , hire expensive consultants every time a decision had to be made , have the cunning of a shithouse rat , have a selection of sycophants unaware of their role on being sacrificed every time there was a stuff up and blame needed to be delegated , a subordinate to have an affair with or arrange liaisons and a narcissistic and arrogant persona - now that is a machine that could rival any of the Chief Executive Officers I 've met !!!!
It's like you people have never seen the Terminator movies.
You could easily replace social justiciaries by old-school phonographs.:icontrollrollplz:
I might hate that greedy fatcats make more money they they ever deserve but I'll be damned if something that's not even alive does the same thing.
A robot would not have been able to envision the iPhone or the 350Z.

Also, business marketing is such that imagination may be required in certain decisions/ideas.
To be fair, CEO's don't envision things, their creative department does:lol:
i'm not quite getting this
You'll find out as soon as one shows up.
Is this even a complaint?
I was wondering the same thing...
I guess what he's trying to say is people are stupid for not cyberising the upper hierarchy of companies.
I believe that these jobs have a lot of pressure especially since big profits and/or loss depend on the slightest change in strategy. To replace these seasoned decision makers with computer programs would require the development of computers with a truck load of computing power not to mention very VERY advanced and robust algorithms to tabulate and calculate the decision and the slightest bug could mean a loss of zillions. Plus the development cost would be off the chain so I doubt it would be viable
but if they were to work think how much a corporation could save
they wouldn't... electricity bills, maintenance cost, downtime, and you'd need to have more than one in case on fails plus if the computer dies all your data is screwed.
That doesn't cost nearly as much as a CEO though :lol:
dude... you could hire an entire staff of CEOs in the cost of one low to mid level supercomputer system.
You wouldn't need an entire system, just one computer and maybe a back-up.
An average CEO earns around $10,000,000 a year.
With the kind of decisions you WOULD need an entire system worth around $ 500,000,000 at least and around $20 mil in operational cost. not to mention the price for development of the software. It would take around 20 seasoned programmers at least just to write and debug a program.
View all replies