All the media I actually watch has ended.

They were all online, and now they're done for. Well, one of them was on TV, but since I don't get TV I caught him when people posted his shows to YouTube.

Craig Ferguson -- Ended
Marble Hornets -- Ended
Freeman's Mind -- Ended
Run It UP -- Maybe just on hiatus, but who the fuck knows?

Now the only thing I have to look forward to are fail videos and the occasional Maru update. Might as well just crawl into a cave or something.
Comments62
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If you're into science programming, I'd recommend The Weather Channel's shows The Strangest Weather on Earth ( www.weather.com/tv/shows/stran… ) and Secrets of The Earth (www.weather.com/tv/shows/secre… ). These shows actually go into detail explaining all sorts of real Earthly phenomenons from a science perspective and with some actual lab experiments done by actual scientists to show how and why the events occur. Many of the subjects I found to be very interesting.

I would also recommend watching the new Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey series ( www.space.com/22058-cosmos-a-s… ), with host astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson. It was very well produced and is educational without being dumbed down too much (which often occurs with US science TV programs).

In terms of general TV series - the more intelligent ones that are worth watching right now are Elementary (CBS - www.cbs.com/shows/elementary/ ) and Sleepy Hollow (FOX - www.fox.com/sleepy-hollow/slee… ). You can probably rent their first seasons now on DVD (or stream them?) and I find both shows to be entertaining, thought-provoking, and worth the time to watch.
I've been wanting to rewatch Marble Hornets lately... or rather, start watching it again. I think I stopped at episode 60 or so.
Feh! Maybe read a book you whining little pisher.
That's all you watch? Why not expand your horizons and watch something new.
I think my last little bits of interest in television died with the Discovery Channel and their slow downfall into total mediocrity.

I refuse to be down over it because they gave me many hours of enjoyment and good memories but I'd be bullshitting if I said I wasn't a little sad.

What's left over? Netflix and Youtube? Mongolian cartoons? Meh.
I think my last little bits of interest in television died with the Discovery Channel and their slow downfall into total mediocrity.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I remember when Discovery had almost all science-themed shows on it and now it's almost all reality-TV themed. I actually have to switch over to The Weather Channel to get decent science shows - like Secrets of The Earth and Strangest Weather on Earth. Even the History Channel has now gone the reality-TV route. No more new Modern Marvels even. :hmm:
History channel went from history to almost exclusively hitler/nazi obsession to aliens in the later part of this decade. Discovery Channel probably died (for me) around 2008. I really liked that channel. I loved watching Daily Planet with Jay Ingram.
idk about Mongolian cartoons, but I do enjoy sumo, and all the top sumo wrestlers are Mongolian right now. So that's something. But they only have tournaments every other month.
Well I meant Japanese cartoons aka anime. :lol:
Some call them "Chinese", I call them "Mongolian".
Mr Ferguson will still be on tv. He's working on new projects and may end up doing interview-like stuff again for another network in like 2016.
I thought he was going to be doing a game show.
I think that's already over
He's doing a few episodes for that Hot in Cleveland thing too
I regret not watching more Craig Ferguson. It's not like I wasn't staying up that late.
I mostly caught him on YT, and there are still a lot of shows posted there. It's not as if celebrity interviews are all that time-sensitive, so they're still worth watching.

It's very rare for someone to make me laugh like he does.
Not Freeman's Mind! NOOOOOÖÖÖOOU! :'-O
Ross posted the last episode last night. Since he had a bet that he'd finish the series by the end of the year, it was just under the wire.
Well, at least I have a few episodes to catch up to. It must have been spring since I watched it last.
I'm hooked on tv shows, so I'm on top of about twenty or so. :B
I don't even really do TV.
I don't have a tv myself. :B
My favorite TLC is having their season finale. The bad part is that it's being replaced with crappy shows.