I still hate DeviantArt Muro

I never understood the hype about tegaki either but it's so frustrating trying to draw on them. No pen pressure and my tablet keeps wanting to double click on things even though I'm trying to draw.
If there's a setting that I have to put to prevent this from happening PLEASE tell me. 
Otherwise, wehh. I hate using dA Muro because it sucks for my tablet and I'd rather draw with my mouse if my mouse wasn't already double clicking everything UGH. 
Comments120
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I once spent an hour and a half on a really cool piece I was doing for a thread in DrawPlz. As I went to send it - I don't know what happened, but something fucked up and I lost it. I had a fit of rage and swore to never used Muro again (and so far - I haven't :p)

It's too bad really, I was doing these incredibly detailed Muro drawings for a while as a way of trying to support it and put it on the map. To show artists that it can be used for so much more than just some cheesy scribbles. But it screwed me over one too many times and decided it wasn't worth it anymore :no:
OMG that sounds so frustrating, I'm sorry. That's partially my fear too because while drawing it would be saving as I was drawing and it grew more annoying as I went on.

I see why you wouldn't want to use it. A lot of people seemed pretty excited about it too. Maybe they'll fix it in the future but I don't know, the staff seems more concerned about the interface of dA. 
Yeah, the thing is just far too laggy. I also have the same problem with my tablet pen thinking I'm double clicking all the time.
I actually never have messed with muro. o.o
It's there, go ahead and try it out now. You can even draw in the comments.
yeah it's not the best. but it's fun to use sometimes XD

just adjust the brush tool there's like a special sweat spot to using the webbing line tool to make it look kind of like you have pressure.  and I LOVE that it records and replays the drawing process XD
Oh it does? I haven't gotten to trying out that feature. ^^;
the recording thing is automatic :D 
Neat, if I ever successfully get the hang of muro I'm definitely taking advantage of that.
cool :D good luck figuring it out :) 
Muro isn't that bad... at least for me. My only problem with Muro is its lag and how it crashes every now and then when I'm in the middle of a drawing. It's the worst. :dead:
Ah that does sound bad, but does it crash the browser or your computer?
Hrmmm when's the last time you cleared your history and cache?
A bit ago. It just usually crashes because DA Muro isn't all that great, like you said.
Ah I see. And yeah!
Muro hates you too.:stinkeye:
I use GIMP. It's not as user-friendly as Photoshop and takes some getting used to, but it's free and it ultimately does (almost) everything I need. www.gimp.org/
Yeah but my main problem is that it keeps making my tablet act like it's trying to select something. And web drawing apps in general. I already have gimp but thanks.
I try to draw simple art.
Sometimes it's good... Sometimes it fails. Horribly. 
So it feels like a gamble when you draw with Muro?