Things I hate about society today: Bratty Kids

This is more a rant than anything and its probably been ranted to death, but whatevs! Don't you just LOVE IT when you are in a public library checking out their manga selection when your ears suddenly pick up the sound of some whiny kid screaming/whining about angry birds while his parents try to pull him away from the ipad full of children's games and learning apps telling him they need to go! Last I checked, you are supposed to either use your indoor voice or don't use your voice at all when in such a quiet facility!

Or better yet, you are in the middle of doing your grocery shopping when all of a sudden little johnny and/or Susie bumps into you while laughing about it and the parent(s) try to brush it off with a half hearted "sorry" or make empty threats like "you stop that now or else" yet continue to be oblivious while their obnoxious little brat keeps bumping into people for no reason other than because the parent ALLOWS IT.

Oh and let's not forget the little hoodlums that mouth off to their parents or in some cases USE PROFANITY as a means to try and get their way!

Whenever I acted like that (minus the profanity usage in the last example), my momma always set out to correct me and these corrections (which were usually a stern promise, not a threat, that she'd give me a reason to cry/act out of line complete with the "evil eye" maneuver) STUCK WITH ME. Hell, she even beat my ass with a belt every once in a while when the situation warranted an ass beating! I can honestly say I've grown into a well behaved young man who's rarely if ever acted abhorrently in public or to my parents because of my parent's attentive discipline

I don't care HOW old you are, you ain't ever too old to be disciplined by your parents! Sure some kids genuinely don't know any better (at first) when they misbehave, but even that's not a valid excuse to act bratty! I can't count on all my fingers and toes how many times I had the "pleasure" of witnessing bratty hellspawn number 10,246 do any of the above or worse and the parent(s) do NOTHING or make some half assed threat that goes no where!

Lastly, I really LOVE how parents who never bother to correct their spoiled kids behavior bitch and moan when their tiny terror grows up and becomes a terrible teenager specifically when the parents try to pin the problem on anyone BUT themselves for the delinquent wannabe's actions!

tl;dr I bet you a hundred thousand dollars that introducing Mr. Belt at an early age and making good on your word that you are going to apply it to your kid's ass if he/she really crosses the line will fix the problem of ill mannered behavior and save thousands of parents headaches down the line! As my mother always said, "funny how your brain is connected your ass. I bet if I applied Mr. Belt to it, it would help you behave better in the future!"

Hate bratty ill mannered youth as much as I do? Vent away!
Comments59
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Why do we bother with unruly children when we could dump the little fuckers in the middle of nowhere? If you have power over them, why not? :roll:
Are you suggesting a Hunger Games esque scenario? Well actually, that might weed out the really dumb ones who refuse to change their ways! XD
Wow, you're worse than I thought. Learn to sarcasm.
My parents spanked me until they realized what they were doing was worthless and brutal. Too bad you don't realize that.

edit: haha, OP ran out of arguments and closed the thred.
Have fun having bratty kids tearing through the aisles of Wal-mart like a tornado screaming One Direction songs at the top of their lungs with no regard to his/her fellow person who's trying to have a peaceful shopping experience then! ;)
I was never spanked as a child yet I was never unruly or rude. I was too timid and afraid of adults to even dare bother one. So, not every child that hasn't been spanked was a loud, obnoxious brat.
Spanking isn't the only punishment in the world. I can still take away things or scold as a punishment when we get out of the store.
Even then, I'm not having kids.
Funny how it's wrong to beat people unless they are small, weak, and entirely dependent on you.
funny how its "wrong" to beat your kids even when they're vandalizing other people's property or cussing you out for no reason! My momma would roll her eyes if she could see this comment of yours! Same goes for you "SadistSkunk"! ;)
All your mother has taught you is that violence is okay.
Correction: All my mother taught me is that if I EVER give her grandkids, they'd best be well behaved before I drop them off for a weekend visit to grandma and grandpas! I'm sorry, but when your bratty little hellspawn is running lose and he won't listen to reason no matter how hard you yell at him to stop his ill mannered ways, he NEEDS to be held down and have a few licks from the belt/rod applied to his ass!

tl;dr my mother never told me violence is okay. It's only to be used in extreme cases as a last resort!
Nah, your mother taught you to hit people smaller, weaker, and dependent because violence is so much easier than actually being a good parent. When you abuse your kids don't be surprised if they're afraid of you and don't trust you, or they take to beating other children because if daddy does it then it's okay for them to do it too. 
That only happens with abusive parents. My mother 99 percent of the time just gave me the stink eye while making an honest to god promise that she'd give me something to whine about whenever I didn't get my way and that usually coerced me into behaving better! I can count on one hand the amount of actual ass beatings she gave me with the belt!
TL;DR  My mommy spanked me and I'm going to do the same to my kids because I want to feel powerful for once.
If my folks didn't tan my hide with a leather belt when I well and truly crossed the line and let me do whatever I wanted without so much as telling me to stop, I can guarantee you I'd have long since been in juvie or an actual prison by now!

And as I said, my mother didn't beat my ass that much. More often than not, I straightened myself out and started flying right as soon as my mother PROMISED, NOT THREATENED me with a visit from Mr. Belt or a well deserved slap across the face for mouthing off!

I can see your parents didn't bother disciplining you at all, but that's not my problem though is it! ;)
I don't believe in bad kids. So the fact that you think you would be in juvie or prison if your parents wouldn't have beaten you, tells me a lot about how badly they've raised you.
Kids should do the right thing because they know and understand that it's the right thing to do. Not because they're scared of being punished.
Teach responsibility and respect. Not fear and violence.

My parents didn't raise me properly and I was a scared, polite little girl towards adults and kids my age, but went off and hurt others that were weaker than me if I felt like I could get away with it.
You're the exact same way and I believe that it's fixable. But not if you don't acknowledge that it's wrong to harm others. Especially your own children.
Guys, you all need to try Hungry Jack's Funfetti Pancake mix. It's so good!
ooh, I love confetti-related sweets! :la:
and that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.......
And so? There is no rule forbidding the ignoring of the original post and posting something off topic.
I'm young but I'm personally for physical discipline. There is nothing to be feared by your parent if they just give you words but when it's physical, that's another problem. Such as my opinion on jail. You just committed a crime yet you get it put on your permanent record and thrown into a room with nothing whiling getting fed like a princess! I just feel like discipline should be physical and not some words or get things taken away from you. What lesson do you all gather from some words or get your electronics taken from you? Only to beg for them back, that is.
This! Be my waifu when you're much older please! :P lol jk don't take that seriously whatsoever!