When parents exaggerate...

Okay, seriously mom, I'm not playing video games all over the weekend. You think that my brother and me are addicts but it's not like we play them during weekdays. I'm not sure how to comment on my brother(he actually plays a lot of LoL with his friends during days off,which could take several hours), but if I'm playing LoL or whatever for 20 minutes, you scream at me and say that I've been on it for 2 hours. Also, stop accusing me of playing games every time I'm even near the computer. I've got this special little thing called SCHOOLWORK.

Stop freaking out over nothing. :(
Comments104
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Comment Flagged as Spam
THEY'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND. D':
Been there , done that :P

I eventually started telling my parents "If you like I can start meeting your expectations" which I know they really wouldn't want because they already saw what a real video game addict looks like before I forced myself into a 5 year gaming hiatus.
20 minutes?? THE HORROR, THE HORROR!!! :noes:
Our moms should meet. They have a talent for fucking up our lives don't they?
That's insanely unfair. 
2 hours?

And you call yourself a gamer. 
Hey, never said I was. I just play them because nothing relieves stress more than murdering a pixelated character in cold blood. :)
You must be new around here.

Keep in mind whatever I say is not serious. 
Yeah, I hate when parents overreact. Like, my mother was in my face, calling me worthless, retarded, etc., so I tried to push her away. She retaliated by grabbing me by the throat, digging her nails in, and pinning me down. Moms, amirite?
Isn't that...abuse? O.o
I guess. I'm filing for a restraining order-type deal. Y'know, 500 yards away, and the like. Plenty of evidence, too. 
They leave me alone because they have no choice. I want to be a concept artist for video games, so, more drawing + more computer + videos games will actually help me rather than harm me. They sometimes complain about me not having friends but I just convinced them all people in my class are dumb are boring.
I spend all day on the computer or playing Pokemon....
20 minutes?!?? Damn you're an addict.

On a normal weekday i'm on the computer 5-8 hours. Without including the amount of time we use computers at school.

I'm not an addict, i'm a gamer and usually i don't have anything better to do :P

Anyhow todays gen is using computers/tablets/iphones/et cetera more and more.
Since the amounts of things you can use electronics for is increasing every day.

Soon our brains will be replaced with computers. I can't wait! :la:
I know my addiction is bad. I need an intervention D: :nuu:
It's not that bad!
I used to be then I ended up writing more with paper and pencils.
just tell her, if you weren't home playing video games you would probably be out hanging with a bad crowd doing drugs, vandalizing the neighborhood and having unprotected sex.  assure her that video games are indeed the best time waster you have at your current disposal.
Mother thinks I go on DA all day, but I only go on DA for a few hours nowadays.

They like to exaggerate indeed. :roll:
I'm serious. :evileye: