I understand that you're upset, but that's no reason to flood your watchers' dashboards.

As is to be expected with recent events, Tumblr has been quite inflamed the past few days. I logged in that evening to see nothing else but what I can only describe as hysterical spam by one of the people I was watching. There was no single essay of her passionately describing the injustice and why she thought it was wrong, just a string of single-sentenced emotional outbursts which, without conext and knowledge of Ferguson, you'd have no idea what she was raving about. Tumblr is not like Twitter, you are perfectly able to condense your feelings into one neat essay.

I was very disappointed in this person, as she made nice drawings and was also a big TMNT fan. I decided to remove her, which according to one of her posts, she would've wanted anyway since I didn't happen to agree with what she was saying. Okay then.

I know it's Tumblr, but I was genuinely disheartened by the amount of silliness and sheer irrationality coming from this person. 
Comments86
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Tumblr is sort a fun to laugh at their way of social justice, but sometimes it is disgusting.
Some are quick to go along the lines of saying genocide will solve their problems.
Yeah, Tumblr's pretty gross right now. I mostly follow my friends, so it's painful to see posts along the lines of "If you don't agree with X you're a horrible person" and stuff like that. I mean, I can't have my own opinions (which I believe are logical) without being forced to feel like shit? There's so much hate right now, and it's all one-sided, and it's just really disgusting. All I care about on Tumblr are funny posts and art, but apparently that makes me racist, privileged trash. 

While I think Darren Wilson should be in jail, I don’t like how all these Tumblr users are going about it. Instead of, say, donating money or supplies to people whose businesses were ruined by looters, they’re just regurgitating the same opinions. I think it’s called “slacktivism”?

What disgusts me the most is the people who are saying that the riots are a good thing. As far as I can tell, this is only being said by people who are far away from the violence. Apparently the wellbeing of the peaceful protestors doesn’t matter.
tumblr's mob mentality is spooky 
I keep going past all the Ferguson stuff on my dashboard. People say I'm shit for not posting about it, but it's my blog, I'll put whatever I want on it. I want to get away from most of the media, not have to keep blogging about injustice and crap EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF THE DAY.
Made a Tumblr, stayed on for 10 minutes and let my emails start to flood with useless nonsense, left the tab... Never looked back:stare:
yeah I haven't logged in for a week
I want to look at some cool posts and stuff
but I don't want to see all these ferguson posts that make me guilty and angry (not at protestors, at racists)
do you see my problem
and I lost two followers for reblogging a couple out of guilt nice :):)

I've actually been wondering what caused the ferguson stuff to explode out of nowhere
Being on Tumblr has it's downfalls...T^T
It's their blog, so they can post what they want. :shrug: Not much else you can do about it except just try to ignore it or unfollow. Normally I'd say to ask them to tag it, but people are being really aggressive to those that are asking for Ferguson to be tagged. Apparently everyone who wants it tagged is a white person that wants to ignore the situation. :/
Yeah I hate the massive flood too. It's calmed down slightly but its still pretty silly especially all the OH MY GOD IF YOU DONT AGREE YOU DESERVE TO DIE type of comments attached to some of the stuff. I even use tumblr savior to try and get away from it but nope they find some way to get around that. I'm so close to an unfollowing spree right now even if normally they are super amazing people and I love their art or cosplay or writing. I mean it's one thing to have an opinion about something, that's perfectly ok, but then tossing around hatred like crazy because you're pissed and telling people to either go kill themselves or wishing death upon them for not agreeing is ridiculous and not something I can handle coming from someone at all. I'm just glad no one I watch on here has been like that.
Yeah, I'm pissed off about the flood of this issue. I went on Tumblr and it was flooded with this, so I decided to wait for it to calm down. Haven't logged in since. It's all over DA too. I've gone through hundreds of journals of "IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME, UNWATCH!!" and honestly, I think I will go on an unwatching spree soon because this is ridiculous. 
I've witnessed plenty of angry posts on Tumblr, saying, "Well if you disagree with me you're obviously a racist hater! If you don't support us, you're a KKK member!"

I consider myself having mixed feelings on the issue, however, the anger circling Tumblr at the moment is ridiculous. The whole rage train is turning usually rational beings into twelve year olds.
You should see the comments on Kawiku's recent journals. It's insane. Literally like a third of the comments are just "lol ur racist trash, bye." Which honestly does more harm than good IMHO, just spreads negativity and gives people more reason to dislike sjws and social justice as a whole. No, I disagree! 
Why the hell did I choose to read the drama on her profile? Oh my god that was horrible. It shows the absolute worst out of social justice.
It really does. Honestly both the SJW and anti-SJWs act equally as stupid at times. But nope, the anti-SJWs are totally the most immature. :/
I decided to go to Kawiku's profile and dear God, I could barely last a few seconds without my brain melting.
Yeea... people are morons.

Agreed, it's everywhere I go on the internet too. I'm just staying away from Tumblr for the time being.
From what I heard, Mike had it coming.
And it seems to me like these losers just want an excuse to wreak havoc.
Agreed, everybody wants to make things about race.
If anything, it should be about police brutality. Any discussion of race removed.

That hits close to home for me, I had a cousin (he was white and was killed by a white cop) who was killed by a hit and run from a fucking cop. He didn't do anything but walk home from the store and was heading home. The cop didn't even get a fucking slap on the wrist and not even the local news reported it. So yes, I get extremely pissed off when fucking batshit professional victims turn this into a race thing.

The case with Mike Brown wasn't excessive force, but these rioters try to make it out to be.