Braindead mofos in my college class

So 3/4 of the college semester is over now and one of my classes is Accounting for Culinary. We're sitting in class, going over really basic stuff like A = L + OE (C - W + R -E ) which is Assets = Liabilities + Owner's Equity (Capital - Withdrawals + Revenue - Expenses) which is the whole basis for accounting and what we started learning months ago.

A woman in the front row... "So what is this... are these steps?"

The whole class just bursts out laughing. Seriously lady?! You've been coming to this class how many weeks now and you still have no fucking clue wtf is going on?!

*head desk* I'm surrounded by brain dead idiots. 

P.S. Holy hell I haven't been around Complaints in ages, I don't recognize anybody. It's been a long time since my regular days back in the 2007-2008 era!
Comments137
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Where is this place? I could use some fresh sources of organs! If they're already brain dead then I won't even have to worry about anesthesia or drugging them! 
Some girl in my college algebra class about a year ago would always be on her phone, and when the professor finished elaborating on how to do a problem, she would jump up and say "you went too fast!!!!"
cosmicspider is an asshat. she's the type of person that you would hate to be around.
So, what did she do to piss you off? 
When I was studying linguistics, we had to do phrase structure trees. They have nodes with names like NP (noun phrase), VP (verb phrase) etc. Now, in the examples we were doing, certain nodes can ONLY go in a certain order. The lines that join them can vary, but the nodes themselves are always the same.

The number of people who didn't get this, for weeks, drove me crazy. Every class... "So, what comes after VP?"
"They're always in the same order."

Next week... "So what comes after S?"
"They're ALWAYS in the SAME ORDER."

And it just went on. Honestly, it was like asking what comes after D in the alphabet. E. It's always and only E.

GAH! I loved syntax lectures but those people made me want to scream!
I had idiots in my German class who couldn't understand what verb conjugation was for.  They'd just follow a noun with some random verb form that didn't go with it at all, almost as if they were using "eenie-meenie-minie-moe" to pick the words.  And it can't have been the teacher's fault; she was one of the best instructors I ever had in any subject.  She did not deserve such idiots. :C
Urgh that sounds painful, reminds me of being back in high school English classes and people struggling with basics and my being boggled at their confusion.
Honestly, you probably shouldn't have laughed. Some people just don't get certain things/need them explained differently/need them explained multiple times/whatever. You can explain math equations to me ten times and I'll still probably have no fucking clue what you're saying because I just don't get math. It might be a similar situation for her. And now, because you all laughed, she's probably going to be afraid to ever ask a question again even if she doesn't understand what's going on.
We laughed because the teacher had just spent the last 30 minutes explaining it over again the begin with, not to mention we have been taught this and re-taught this formula as we progressed since the beginning of the semester. She should've been paying attention essentially.
Some people are not as good at others in some subjects, or have bad memory.
But is bad manners to laugh at people, a better answer would be to try to help her to understand it.

I was probably taught that but I don't remember it lol.
I got one better for you: 
While I was getting my undergrad I was in an Earth Science class to complete my science requirements. It was an incredibly easy class mainly due to the fact that every Wednesday the professor gave a quiz on the lecture on the content that class period's lecture. The quiz was usually less than 10 short answer or multiple choice questions. 

One Wednesday, the TA's started passing out the quizzes after the lecture was over, and some dingbat in the center aisle of the lecture hall yells "I thought we only had quizzes on Wednesdays!" to which the entire class of nearly 200 people responded "IT IS Wednesday!!

BTW: this was halfway through the semester, also the class was held at 3 in the afternoon. 
:lol: Wow that's bad. Sounds like it was a miracle they even made it to class on the right time and date.
From the op, I can only count one brain dead idiot.
We haven't seen you in forever, and your avatar still has a bone to pick with us!
:giggle: What can I say, I'm still the same ol' me.
I'm going to try to break this down.

Assets = Liabilities + Owner's Equity (Capital - Withdrawals + Revenue - Expenses)

Assets=capital/ items that you have.

Liabilities=risks that can reduce your revenue.

Owner's Equity= all the money put into a business.

Capital=start up money

Withdrawals= money that you take out of your capital

Revenue= Money that you make.

Expenses= the money that you spend on things that indirectly benefits you.
Huzzah! You now know more than a woman who has spent months being taught this shit hah.
Nah. I just read this stuff. It's would be worse if this chick did eithics, law, or operations management.  
I concur with the madam.
I don't get it.
Weirdly enough I do kind of recognise you, even though I started hanging out here in late 2010- early 2011. Man...
Yeah, my avatar is kind of hard to forgot :lol:
I am curious as to her grade in that class.
I'm pretty certain she's failed both tests we've had so far.
100 million sperm and she was the fastest.  My god. 

You don't have to be a genius to budget a kitchen.  Just basic algebra and 4th grade math.  The fact that the professor gives you the formula is a huge help as well rather than leaving you to figure out the blanks.