Emotional blackmail.

youtu.be/HYjbWHbbjjg

I hate that advertisement. I hate the use of children in those kinds of things. It makes me so mad. I hate how places think it's okay to try and use emotional blackmail on you to do something. Yes, smoking is a bad thing. I don't see why it is okay to use children in advertisements against it. I may think smoking is bad, but it is other people's choice to do so. I do not look down on other people for smoking. I just do not like smoking. I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke and it makes me feel ill. As long as people do not smoke near me, I am fine.
At any rate, I hate advertisements that use children like that.
Comments176
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Comment Flagged as Spam
That is horrible. But effective. 
Is it really effective?
For parent with children it possibly is. When I was watching it I almost teared up. Smoking has effected my relationship with my grandmother who smokes in her house and has smoked throughout her life. I refused to go over there when I was a kid because of second hand smoke. I imagine my grandmother probably put smoking ahead of her children at times. Though I believe they could have done it a less dramatic way. Any opinion on it now would not change what has already occurred. Everyone has been lost or left at some point in time in their life. It is scary.
Well, I guess the ad is effective if it can have that sort of reaction. I just do not agree with the using the child, that's all.
I can see where you are coming from. It really isn't appropriate for them to cause emotional trauma like that. :iconsadnessplz:
Yeah. I get the child is most likely an actor. I get that.
I was once blackmailed in kindergarden and my 'friends' said if I didnt give them my fucking snack cakes or some shit they would tell that I said "hell" at lunch when they asked me to say it. Ah the bible belt, teaching kids if you dont fear god then you will burn for eternity just because you believe in something different. got tired of it in 1-3rd grade and she made a fool of herself.
What the hell? That is really messed up. That is really messed up.
:lol: Its fine, I didnt eat the pastries anyway. I made them look like fools later infront of the teacher since they remembered that far back, I was so smug I had this face on. :iconsmugplz:
Well, it sounds like it all worked out for them. It sounds like it all worked out good for you. :lol:
My little brother has asthma and smoke always triggers an attack...I hate it. :C
seen that ad on TV...
It is on all the time here in Adelaide.
so your from Adelaide then?
smoking is disgusting and it ruins peoples lives, I have seen what it has done to many people I know.
I am sorry to hear.