Side Effects

So I finally went to the doctor and poured my heart out about my crippling anxiety. The doctor gave me a prescription for propranolol and sent me on my merry way. 

This is some of the best god damn medication I've ever taken. The director of the FBI could walk in and I wouldn't even break a sweat. But, that's not what I'm complaining about. I'm here about the horrific nightmares I get in return for being social superman.

All these years of browsing 4chan gore threads finally bit me back as I'm bombarded with images of people getting brutally murdered or bloody organs in that crisp HD being thrown in my face as I have a constant feeling of dread. Only to wake up with all my blankets tangled, a smell of blood in my nose, and my mouth open in a yell. 

I appreciate this medication for giving me the power to not be so socially retarded and the courage to actively find work. But I'd also like to not wake up with a scream and cause panic in my house.

:icontealdeerplz: My new medication causes me to dream about HD snuff films

Anti-complaint: I had my first interview in months, and I totally rocked it. No blushing, shakiness, or running away.

Anti-complaint 2: I had chicken for dinner.
Comments113
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The side effects of propranolol do go after a little while, although it made my vision somewhat fuzzy the first time and the second time the anxiety it caused me was horrific (like no sleep for 3 days kind of anxiety). Give it a little time and review how you are getting on it usually takes a little while to get meds right. 
You'll get over the gore eventually
All these years of browsing 4chan gore threads finally bit me back as I'm bombarded with images of people getting brutally murdered or bloody organs in that crisp HD being thrown in my face as I have a constant feeling of dread.

are you trying to give yourself PTSD or what?  I've worked on ambulances and in hospitals so I've seen plenty of gore but can never understand why people would seek it out in their free time.  If you tell the doctor that's a hobby of yours don't be surprised when he tries to prescribe something stronger than 
propranolol. 

Even if I don't actually open gore specific threads, there's still someone who'll post gore in a gif or ylyl thread. 
maybe avoid that site altogether then, sounds like a bunch of sick fucks. 
that's psychiatry in a nutshell, for every problem they fix you can expect new problems.
Wee, side effects! The only side effect my meds give me is dry mouth, which is really annoying but I deal.
The side affects should go away soon.
I have gorey dreams a lot. I have a pretty severe blood phobia, but I end up enjoying the fuck out of violent dreams.

Just think about someone you hate being brutally murdered so it isn't a horrifying. :dummy:
I'm my dream it was a stranger. Their face was pretty much flattened so I couldn't see who they were. 

But I'll try next time.
What the fuck were you doing on 4chan gore threads?!
I look at all the main threads, then shorten down to a few I'll keep track of. Even then, someone still posts gore in a thread about bread :shrug:
CopaceticChaos

Why

No
Sorry bruh, I can't help it if someone decides to post people getting shot in a thread about best breads.
View all replies
Apparently 4chan was harboring a murderer who thought it would be "cool" to post pictures of his victim.
Nice to know the site attracts psychopaths.
I used to dream nearly every night that I was fighting for survival in a zombie invasion. I would see them ripping people apart, I'd fight them off with machetes, I'd gouge their eyes out with my fingers, I'd get overwhelmed and then bitten and ripped apart...all in HD reality.

This taught me that if I were attacked by someone while I'm unarmed, I would have no problem with shoving my finger through their eyeball. See? It's self-defense classes in your sleep.
Never thought of it that way. My dreams haven't attacked me personally, but apparently I'm a good driver when under pressure.