the Transformers 4 toyline.

As much as we love to hate the Michael Bay Transformers movies, I do appreciate them because each film means a new line of Transformers toys to collect. And the film toys have been some of the coolest looking and complex figures in the franchise. Well, expect for this time around. I don't know what it is, but they decided to make the toy line focus a lot more on young kids this time around. See this www.hasbro.com/common/producti… This is not a Tranformers toy because it does not tranform, it looks like it can barely move. It doesn't even look like a real Transformers toy, more like some dollar store rip-off. And even the proper figures are smaller, barely painted, and the transformations are insultingly simple. Heck, many of them make the simple transformations a special feature.

Bonus complaint. You know how Grimlock is like on every movie poster, in every commercial, and the majority of the toys are merchandise centered around Grimlock? Yeah, he was barely in the movie. It takes over 2 hours for him to even appear (that's in the last 5th of the film), and the plot has nothing to do with him. The movie would have been no different without any of the Dinobots.
Comments95
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
*look at the link* What the f**k is that?!!
Seriously,  I totally agree with you, that toy is not a transformer's toy.
My bro' had purchased some TF's toys (a few years ago) that was far more cool like this one www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=ht…
I know what you mean. I'm a fan of the BayFormer movie series (although they are terrible), and usually the accompanying toy series is fantastic (I distinctly remember the ones for TF2 being particularly good).

I'm just disappointed with this film and it's toys TBH. I was SO looking forward to Grimlock, and actually having a good villain in Lockdown for once. But no, can't have that...
Bonus complaint. You know how Grimlock is like on every movie poster, in every commercial, and the majority of the toys are merchandise centered around Grimlock? Yeah, he was barely in the movie. It takes over 2 hours for him to even appear (that's in the last 5th of the film), and the plot has nothing to do with him. The movie would have been no different without any of the Dinobots.

There goes my sole reason for ever wanting to rent that movie.

That said, I'm more pissed at Michael Bay for what he did to the Ninja Turtles. Especially how he destroyed the character Michelangelo. Mikey was perhaps the most definitive of the TMNT (he was the "Cowabunga" surfer dude who loved his pizza), so turning him into a oversexed creeper is sacrilegious.
"There goes my sole reason for ever wanting to rent that movie."

Mine too!:rofl:

I'll still probably watch Transformers when my brother gets it anyway:grump:
I did like the first Transformers movie back when it came out. But the rest don't interest me that much.
Yeah, we don't even get the iconic "Me Grimlock". All he does is roar. And there is almost no explanation for why the Dinobots are even there.
Hasbro sucks as a toy company. Let the children play with their overpriced Happy Meal toys and look up Takara Tomy. They make the big-boy Transformers and Japan hordes all the good stuff.
I went to see that with my boyfriend and another friend of mine. The time the movie was playing was divided between me either being slutty and fucking around with my love, or saying shit about just how bad the movie was. It was so terribly bad.
So you're that person
Fetch the pitchforks
That was an exaggeration, but thanks. It's been a while since anybody got out the pitchforks for me. :smoking:
-being older than 12 and caring about Transformers as a thing
It's mostly out of nostalgia, and only for the toys. I didn't really follow any of the Transformers cartoons growing up except for Beast Wars. Speaking of which, I am so glad that they're releasing the Beast Wars figures as part of the Generations line. Although thus far I've only been able to find Rhinox and Waspinator in stores.
-Being older then 10 and watching my little pony is a thing
Of course it is. MLP has a lot of adult references. Besides, it's too good for children.
Yeah, im a part of the fandom too, just saying x3
I'm sure some people would say the same thing about Transformers.
Where exactly is the adult in Transformers ffs?? It's just some dumb show that was made to appeal to boys with some stupid fighting between robots.
It is kind of ironic. A cartoon show about colourful magic horses playing dress-up and singing songs about friendship is seen as mature while an ultra violent live action movie about fighting robots that turn into sports cars is seen as childish.  Don't get me wrong, the bay-former movies are childish and panter to the horny immature teenage boy audience. wouldn't surpise me if the next film had the robots wip their robot dicks out and make fart jokes the whole time. Though, I have to ask out of genuine concern, what kind of adult references do you guys have going on in your my little pony cartoon?
To be fair, they're both pretty childish. But while the crapfest Bayformers movies are made to be action flicks and pander to violence-hungry, horny adults as well as violence-hungry kids, MLP was designed solely for the target audience of little girls. People seem to miss the fact that "adult references" are generally put into kids films and shows as a nod to the adults who are watching with their kids. You know, so when the kids are watching something on the television or in the theater, parents can enjoy it a little too, even though, generally speaking, they'd never see the movie on their own

The fact that an adult has the hypocrisy to post something like "lol you like Transformers, are you 12?" while flaunting a goddamn pony icon is hilarious. The lack of self-reflection is so mind-boggling it makes me wonder how such a person could ever function in the real world
View all replies
At the end of one of the seasons there's a Star Wars Episode IV reference. There are some references to shows only adults would know about.
View all replies
Where exactly is the adult in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic ffs?? It's just some dumb show that was made to appeal to girls with some stupid friendship between annoying stylized ponies.
What can you do with friendship storywise? Now what can you do with robots fighting each other? There's your answer.
View all replies
The product of a toy company that just stopped caring.