I hate the Pokemon Global Trade System

I'm sure everyone could agree with me that the Global Trade System on Pokemon is a hell hole of stupid and overpricing "traders."

I don't have a lot of friends to trade with on there, especially since I'm trying to complete a Living Pokedex, which means I need one of every Pokemon in my PC box. I hate going to the GTS and CONSTANTLY seeing stupid traders doing the following:

"Hey! I want a SHINY VICTINI for my NOT SPECIAL AT ALL LUVDISC"

Yeah. Uh-huh. Have fun with that.

I wish these stupid children would grow up and learn how to trade fairly and properly. Plus you CANNOT trade event Pokemon through the GTS or Wonder Trade. You HAVE to do one-on-one trades for them.

*huff huff*

Sorry, it's just stressful I guess. I know I might get some people that will say it's childish to get worked up over a game. I can agree with that, but call me a hypocrite for being passionate about my video games. xDD

So, thank you for reading if you did. ^^;

Edit:
I am frustrated at OTHER PLAYERS - not the game or company itself. Please keep it relevant to player interaction if you wish to discuss here.
Comments51
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This applies to every game with some kind of trading function: You need to be able to understand the game and value items in it in order to trade. Unless: You are getting free stuff, for some weird reason, or you want to get scammed!
Last thing mentioned works well for younger players! Like you mentioned.
The only thing you need for trading to work, is a fair trade. Thats how it worked before money was a thing too!
I can relate to this one! 90% people on the GTS irk me. Even more so liars. I am an IV breeder, so sometimes I need to quickly obtain a Pokemon with desired IVs, so of course I look some up on the GTS. Usually it's all the same bull or lies. 5IV Growlithe? More like 1IV at most, why can't people just be fair... I gave up, serebii is my place for getting that kind of stuff now. :B

Though, I did get 2 or 3 nice IV mons I needed, and just when XY were released, someone traded me an Yveltal for a lv60 Noivern holding a Moon Stone. I suppose it was because I managed to get the game 2 days before release (Praise the stores in my country) and already got further in the game... and since Yveltal can be caught earlier than Noivern, yep. I just got lucky. :lol: But otherwise, I wouldn't ask for legendaries, unless worth the thing I am trading. I am all for good trades.
All my experiences with the GTS have been great.
Hoo, boy, do I understand that! I was just trying to make bunch of type-based teams. It proved to be a PAIN to get the pokemon I want, so I left it alone. The few ones with reasonable prices get snatched up faster than you can blink!

I kinda wish there was a 'mass release' sort of thing to other players. I have boxes upon boxes filled with numerous attempts to get certain genders with certain egg moves. Considering that some of them were a pain to get in the first place (I think Acid Armor on Goodra was one), it would be a waste to just release them in-game. But doing the random trade over and over is tedious. You can't win! And I think I actually hit the limit as it said that nobody was available for trade for the longest time.
And this is why my Vivillon hunt took forever (thank goodness thats over)
Global Troll Station... :icontheresyourproblemplz:
What annoys me is that they don't know that special event Pokemon (the so-called Mythics) can't be traded over the GTS, which basically clutters the heck out of the GTS. Given, a case of Guide Dang It as Game Freak never tell us there. But still, it vexes me so much when searching for trades I might be able to do. This is why I just breed and grind Feebases and arm them Prism Scales to get the Legendaries I need for my Pokedex (I'm just short of Rayquaza before I can finish it.)
Damn straight - I get sick of seeing people wanting Diancie, Meloetta, and other such Pokemon. I mean, I get mine legitimately during the events so it really sucks when i filter to "Pokemon they want that I have" because that's all I see. =.=
It's not that you already have them that it sucks. It's that they don't know Mythics literally cannot be traded through the GTS yet they still put their trade offers cluttering the heck out of GTS that it sucks. I wouldn't complain at all if I could get a Shaymin through the GTS even if it is egregiously messed.
Wow, haven't seen anyone complaining about this in a while. Yeah that thing you said got annoying but it was easy to ignore by just looking at the newest trades available, or even better: just putting up a pokemon and asking for something reasonable. That usually worked. When I was completing the pokedex and put up some legendary for a ho-oh, someone actually gave me a shiny ho-oh.
Yup, I do that too. I usually put up what I think is fair. Especially Meowth - I get trades in less than 5 minutes for my Meowths. XD Of course I never ask for rares for them, but at least that's helped. Plus a member suggested forum trading to me; which I'm shocked I never considered. ^^;

Congrats on the shiny ho-oh by the way! Those are gorgeous. *u*
Have you tried making offered trades via the net? I know there are forums special for that. My buddy breeds shinies and perfect EV/IV pokemon for others because he's a night owl and has that time. He's told me about serebii's forums doing that quite a bit~.
Someone else has suggested this to me~ And yes, it's been working wonderfully. >u<
Good! I'm glad it's working out!
Why don't you just do what all the same players do and just put things on there instead of looking for things :U
Oh I do. It just irritates the crap out of me when I see nothing but greedy spoilt brats asking for stuff they'll never get. I personally feel like it's a waste of effort on their part. The addition of the feature allowing you to type in the Pokemon's species was the death of this gen's GTS. ^^; 
Well.... sometimes it does work....

Long story short, I had a friend who traded with a random passerby and got herself a second mewtwo this way.
Yay for her, 2 mewtwos.
A little bit later she discovered the masude methode (breeding with a pokemon from a different area) and she actually traded her second mewtwo for a japanese ditto. (being japanese was the only thing that was special about it and you can also just get them over the wondertrade)

I'm still convinced that most people who try to get legends for crap pokemon are the children playing it, or people who try to scam others by saying 4 EGG MOVES, GOOD NATURE 6 IV.
There's always going to be people asking for stupid ridiculous things. The real problem is with the lack of ability to specify what you want in trades.  Hidden abilities in particular.  Good luck finding those in the GTS.
Just look for level 1 or level 30 pokemon.

It normally shouldn't take long before you get one with its ha.
Sure, but depending on what they're asking for (or what you offer) it's generally been a waste of time and pokemon when they could have just implemented some method of asking for specific abilities or shit in the first place.
True.
It may have gotten a bit hard to understand for the younger and casual players though.
That's really the only thing that I can think of that would really be reason not to do it.
Yeah, maybe.  Game freak is doing better lately at making things easier for competitive players, but at this point I'm not sure why they don't just make exact IVs and shit visible easily instead of bothering to hide it at all.