Today my school caught on fire.

You should know that I have horrible time management skills so I started making a by the hour schedule.  (I should be working on logos for my art class right now, but that's beside the point.)  I planned on printing something out during my break when the fire alarm started going off just before my first class ended and we all had to evacuate.  Now, the Midwest has only two seasons: a four month long summer and the rest of it is winter.  We were out there for about half an hour in the cold cruel outside.  I wasn't going to leave my school work behind even though all that fire safety they taught you in elementary school says not to take anything with you.  Fuck that!  My computer was in there and it had all my art in it and I'd be devastated if anything happened to it.  I couldn't work on stuff in the meantime so that put a big dent in my schedule. 

The school, as it turns out, wasn't really on fire.  The alarm went off because some idiot left their lunch in the microwave for too long!

My day was ruined by a hot pocket.  I fucking hate hot pockets.

Anyway, back to the logos.  I'll post them in a couple of weeks when they're done.
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Damn. At least no one got hurt.
Was your school permiting sinful acts? California did, and then it mysteriously caught fire too...
e.e

Idiots these days, dumber than before
Manage your time better!
well I love hotpockets!
Comment Flagged as Spam
At least it's not 3:00AM. x_x that happened to me once, at my college. Well it's gone off at night/evening many times, but waking up to that deafening alarm at 3:00 just about gave me a heart attack.
It never is a real fire. Glad to hear everything is okay.
On the bright side of things, You and your computer are safe.
I'm in the Midwest too so I hear ya.  
I remember in middle school, in the month of January, my gym class had swimming unit.  All of a sudden, during laps, the fire alarm rang.  Everyone bursts out of the school and even teachers looked panicked so it couldn't be a drill (all teachers know ahead of time).   Everyone managed to evacuate quickly.
No fire.  Just a broken alarm system that went haywire.  But guess what?  EVERY.  ADULT.  FORGOT.  THEIR KEYS.  In the panic, the adults locked everyone outside the school and in 10 degrees weather.  Imagine being in your swimsuit and having just come out of the pool & into frigid weather.  I was freezing!  Thank heavens I was one of the few people who actually grabbed their towel on the way out.  It might be why I was one of the few in my gym class not to get violently sick the next day.
Firefighters came and after forty minutes, we were let back in.  And now security is extra tight ever since then.  
Ha, well, at least it is not something like a real fire on a class. Reminds me how that happened, someone's playing fire in senior's class room while I was just out from library reading books and ended up having quite some fumes. Not really big fire though, but still....
Fire always makes it better!
You should try living in my apartment, those damn things go off at least once every week. :lol:
Some apartment fire alarms are sensitive as fuck :stare: I lived in a student flat two years ago where the fire alarm would go off two or three times every week. One time someone was smoking outside one of the windows and the smoke floated in and triggered the smoke alarm as well. Fuck that at three in the morning :crying:
People rarely open the windows here because the landlord's been complaining that it looked ghetto-ish, plus no one wants the hear the horns from the trains that pass by, so I doubt that's the case.

I think the problem would be that some people try to smoke inside the apartment building despite the many signs warning not to, but it might also be the fact some people really don't know how to cook. :stare: I hear some people have overloaded the machines which have also set the alarms off.
Open windows look ghetto-ish? :ohnoes: I get it on not wanting to hear car horns or trains, but where we used to live was a quieter area so that wasn't too much of a problem :nod:

But ugh, I hate it when people smoke inside apartments when you're not meant to. For fuck's sake, I'm the one who has to pay the fine if the landlord finds out, go the fuck outside for your cig :shakefist: And don't stand under our open window while you're at it, dicks!
The apartment's less than 300 meters from the train tracks, so we tend to hear them quite often, and it's usually the long freight trains, too. :stare: Back at my old apartment, the loudest things you could hear were the ambulances and Camaros. :giggle:

Yeah, that's more annoying - having to pay for their habits. See that church parking lot across the street? Do everyone a favor and take your smoking that way. And for God's sake, learn to cook while you're at it! :shakefist:
Oh god, living that close to train tracks must be very noisy :stare: We used to live near the center of town and a ton of pubs, but we were luckily in a side-street that wasn't frequented by many drunk people, so it seems we were fortunate.

Ahaha, we were also actually situated next to a church, so they very well could have taken their smoking to the church parking lot :lol: Cooking was more difficult though -- all of us knew how to cook, but the electric stove was so awful that even the best of us set off the alarm now and then :no:
Not really, I'm actually used to the noise from the trains, so long as the window's closed. :giggle:

I would actually question the logic of the one who put a smoke/heat detector in the kitchen, right above the stove. :stare:
There is always someone who leaves their food in the microwave too long, this happens all the time at my school.
Some idiot did the very same thing at my place of work a while ago, but it was a bag of popcorn which literally caught fire and destroyed the microwave :stare:
Fucking people
hot pockets taste like shit anyway