Thanksgiving Drama

So I hosted thanksgiving dinner for about 10 family members (my husband's) or so. Although I was a little stressed out about it, the actual food turned out perfect.

The problem was my mother-in-law's boyfriend. Who showed up already three sheets to the wind, and then proceeded to pour himself some more half 'n half vodka ginger ales. He ended up in the backyard for a smoke, but then he was too drunk to get back up the stairs into the house, so my MIL brought him back in and told him not to go outside again because she didn't wanna carry him again.

At that point he went into the living room sulking and saying he wanted to "go home and fucking sleep." We set up for dinner and finally got everyone settled with food. He promptly spilled his drink all over the person sitting next to him. Then spent the rest of dinner asking where his fucking drink was. So most of dinner was him being an asshole about his alcohol being taken away, asking where his fucking drink was and saying he wanted to go home and fucking sleep, and my MIL telling him to watch his language in front of his 10 year old grand daughter and stop being such an ass.

After dinner they went into the backyard to fight it out about his fucking shitty behaviour, and then a couple people hauled him back into the house and poured him into the car. So my MIL didn't even get to stay for dessert or socialize or anything.

Why does she put up with this guy?! He's such a fucking douchebag when he's drunk, which is ALWAYS. I don't think i've ever seen him sober. They already broke up once because of how he is when he drinks, and she shouldn't have taken him back. :/

Between that and my sister-in-law finding out her long-term boyfriend has feelings for another girl, thanksgiving was very, very awkward. Like. Whoah. Everyone just felt so fucking unhappy. I didn't sign up for that! I just thought i'd make good food and maybe there would be board games.

Bonus Complaint: My new bathroom is installed! It looks awesome. It smells like chemical death. Holy shit, the SMELL. It permeates the entire house. D:
Comments28
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
She should have left him at home.
Sounds like our Thanksgiving. Sorry you had to go through that. At least it's only once a year! Unless the holidays are that way too?
Holidays are full of their own drama, split equally between his family and mine. This year we're not spending Christmas with either family so we can relax for a change. =P
That's good!

My husband and I live over 500 miles away so we don't have to deal with it as much anymore.
Well, that's what you get for having Thanksgiving in the wrong month.
I personally would kick your MIL's boyfriend out. Or I'd just leave him in the backyard when he was too drunk to get up the stairs. 
Not my call. If it was, I'd have poured him in a cab and sent him home.
Well, that sucks. But I don't know what you could do. :petting:
Not much. :/
You should have punished him by watching my music videos, or rather Miley Cyrus.
Thanksgiving. Keep it small.
If your MIL is anything like mine, it's because she's at an age where it's really hard to find a man who's worthwhile and isn't a wanna-be sugar daddy for them younger skirts.  Has your spouse talked to your MIL about her boyfriend?  You'd think that her kid's opinion (read: concern) would motivate her to really take a good look at her relationship.

Are you in good enough standing with your MIL to talk to her about it? :noes:
They've been dating since my husband was a kid. So like, 15 years. At this point my husband just stays out of it.
Balls.  That sucks. :C

(You'd think after this long, she'd wise up and boot his ass. :B )
Welp. Next time u know not to host these things. Live and learn. :/
Well that sucks. Nothing more depressing than family affairs being filled with crisis and shitty situations. But on a plus side, leftovers? LOL. Sorry. No Idea what to say. 
Yep, definitely some leftovers. Not that much, but enough.
Now you know why thanksgivings are often held with large knives nearby. 
Heh. Yeah, no kidding.
That's not how Thanksgiving works!

You get stuck at the kiddie table this year with only the sissy-baby plastic cutlery! 
But I don't like the kiddie table! Puppybitch always makes stupid hehe noises throughout the entire meal! It's annoying! Can't I just eat in my room?
No, you have to eat the puppybitch.