Shut the fuck up!

Recently I've taken to studying on the fifth floor of the school library, because there's not many people there at any given time and so it's quiet and doesn't aggravate my social anxiety.  Usually it's just me and one other guy, we both go up there to study in order to escape the crowds and noise.  It's an allocated study space anyway, so you're not supposed to talk there.

But oh no, not today!  See, because the fifth floor isn't actively monitored by campus staff, people can just go up there and cause a ruckus with very little repercussion for doing so.  Normally it's okay since, as I said, it's usually just me and this other dude, but today there was this other guy and...by God was he noisy!

I swear this guy has some sort of mental illness, because he kept talking to himself and making weird animal noises when his laptop did something.  Eventually the guy who's there regularly asked him to be quiet, to which he responded with "but I'm not doing anything wrong!"

Jesus Christ :stare: at least respect the fact that we are trying to work up here and your noises are not helping us do that

tl;dr: Weird annoying person made me move to a different study room because he wouldn't shut up

Bonus Complaint: My boss cut my hours again.  Well fuck :grump:

Anti Complaint:  At least I only have a week left before semester break
Comments66
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There's no quiet place to study at my college. :saddummy:
People often go there and start talking crap about others or make phone calls.
and this one group of people watch I dunno, football? on this one guy's laptop, they turn up the sound and cheer. Blehh. Only once a week, though.
Who studies anymore?
Can't get anyone to come up and give him a telling off?
Technically yes, but because of my social anxiety I find it hard to talk to strangers ;; I thought just moving would be better than nervously trying to talk to a librarian
That works as well. :nod:

If there is an option to do that and it helps, it's best to take it.
Maybe he's just a furry. 
Raf raf! *wags tail*
Hahaha, that's a distinct possibility :lol:
Maybe you should try a shock collar.

*redoing my own icon as well.*
Or a tazer :B

OMG yes make it scarier 8D
Or a nice dose of Euthasol! :la:

:giggle: I'll try! I did actually make it a skunk again. Except it's a spotted skunk,
because they've got more of a pattern on their head than regular skunk do
and some have a heart shaped spot on their head and that's just too cute! =D
Western Spotted Skunk 3 by robbobert

And purple of course. This is what I've got so far, but I still got a lot of work to do on it: Skunk by SadistSkunk  
Ahh, it looks amazing so far :heart: and the heart spot is just too cute omg

I want to pet it
View all replies
Well, that sucks.
And this is why when I want peace and quiet, I go outside on the patio with a headset in my ears. But then again, there's a beauty in only going to class at night, and that's so I don't have to put up with retarded pricks like that.
Ugh.  I wish there was an outside area I could go, but my laptop seems to be allergic to sunlight :lol: so I kinda have to stick to the indoors
Wear some headphones next time or confront him about his noise making. If he keeps doing it keep asking him to stop. Eventually he will or he'll leave.
Hopefully ;; social confrontations aren't really my forte, though
Mine either but you gotta do what you gotta do.