"Someone else's art suck= I'm a Pro"

***Edit*** Controversy has been solved, and I had the chance to think about it and hear someone else's point of view! Thank you very much! 

A little bit of critique does not hurt.
However, some people might expect some consistent critique...like coming from people who might at least have some skill.
Now, case that just rustles my jimmies: since when everyone's a Pro if it states that a drawing sucks?
Yeeah, you know the drill (and possibly the troll): "Your art suck" comes from a person whose skill is even worse than yours.
Case in Question: A bunch of people decide to found a place in order to gather art from artists. The art must be considered "Bad" or "Poor" in order to find suggestions and improve.
Sounds nice, does it? I can send one of my flawed drawings and get some help, sure.
Well...until the admin, a mediocre kind of "artist"  sends requests all around asking permission to submit a random deviation in its group.

Uh. Basically doing so YOU are thinking my art is shit even with no background skill whatsoever.
Don't get me wrong, I'm far from state "I am a great artist!", but I have seen deviation that were...decent. In fact, good!

What do you think it is? 
Being a Narcissistic Bum? A silly Troll? Or just plain stupidity?
I must have missed a little bit of Internet lately, but I'd say Either.
Comments35
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You don't need better or high skill levels to critique something or give advice.
My art teacher senior year was a horrible artist but she had A LOT of knowledge about art and how to improve. Because of her I went from hardly being able to draw eyes to making pretty good portraits. 
Now if someone is being a dick with their critique saying how much it sucks then it's best to just ignore them if it bothers you. But their skill level has nothing to do with anything. I'm not a film maker but I can tell when a movie is shitty and horribly done. :shrug:
You don't have to be Gordon Ramsay to know when your soup tastes bad.
As long as they can provide adequate reasons why they believe it's bad or wrong, then they should be heard out.
Some folks are just looking to stroke their egos, that's why I can't blame anyone for being selective with which critiques they take seriously.

Personally, I wouldn't take criticism from anyone regardless of skill level unless they provide me a way to fix what I am doing wrong at, preferably in a visual manner as opposed to text blocks which I probably won't even bother to read anyway. This is mostly because of so many vague critiques I've been getting, as well as a huge number of run-arounds.
I think is an innate narcisism. I had two classmate like that. They didn't accept critiques from the teachers. 
But, they can still hell you to take your art in consideration. After somebody with NO SKILLS told me that my art is 'meh' (he also considered his art better than mine) I analize my art better and I decided to improve it seriously, by restarting to study from the basis. What I already know helps, but I( want to learn all the basic things I didn't learn before.

But I have problem to listen smart-asses. Even if they're professional.
Criticism is good when consistent, it helps you improving a ton.
I started practicing back from the basics two years ago after people I know suggested me to. Still a long way to go but results will eventually show themselves.
And you have a good point. Do I want to stop drawing just for that? Heck no!
Can I look and improve myself? Yes!

I guess sometimes one can feel a little insulted, perhaps one should not care that much and keep practicing!
Comment Flagged as Spam
That drawings is Oldness! That drawing is not Sparta!
wait what? :D
Comment Flagged as Spam
Heh, I guess I have found a good candidate for the infamous Draw It again meme!
One day or another...!
Some guys just have a superiority complex? Right? As far I do is encourage people to keep it up and keep practicing for improvement.
As for me, I will never stop practicing!
I am hardly ever satisfied, so here is a good challenge!
Prima di diventare pro ce ne vuole...non basta "disegnare bene". XD Chi ti ha fatto questo ragionamento poi, sicuramente non è un pro (quindi non dovresti neanche tenerlo in considerazione, secondo me).
Decisamente. E poi scusa...si dovrebbe disegnare per passione!
Delle volte mi chiedo: "Che ti frega del parere altrui? Perlopiù sono persone che sentendosi inadeguate, devono far sentire gli altri di merda. Vuoi diventare come loro o attaccarti a pareri sterili?"
No, decisamente no. 
Se posso aiutare col poco che so fare, lo faccio volentieri solo su richiesta, e per il resto al diavolo tutti, devo esser contenta del percorso che ho fatto!

Quando mi si arrugginiscono gli ingranaggi sragiono, e capita di tanto in tanto!
Well, stick figures, yeah it's shit but what I hate is some one who had more improvement than you or different style that think their work is God and your work is shit. 
This, I think, is the other way round. 
I don't like when someone says it's crap, should he be talented or not.
It's a personal work, you may not like it and I may not like yours, but there's a difference between "I think this is crap." and "I think this is crap because..."
People on the internet are mostly idiots because they think no one can find them...They are wrong though. You'd be surprised what you can do with a few personal numbers...It's easy to criticize, you just need an opinion, and art itself is defined by the viewer. There's really no such thing as 'bad' art, just bad opinions. 
This.
It should be my Mantra each time I get lost in rustled jimmies, such as my first topic comment!
Do I really need someone else's opinion to feel better? Should I?
Or maybe it's better for me to enjoy the hobby and don't give a damn about second opinions?

This, or I might as well become like Honey Boo Boo. And god help me if I want to become like that thing!
Think cavemen critiqued each others cave paintings? "Hmm..Ooga's composite form style not good. Uka see tiger, no buffalo."
Well...apes can feel jealousy. I would not be surprised.
"Mine's bigger "  exists since the very start.
:iconthisplz:
If only more people would think like this!
Please unrustle your jimmies.
:iconjimmiesplz:
You don't have to be Orson fucking Welles to cringe at Dane Cook's acting. You also don't have to be Don Rickles to cringe at his jokes, either.
You do realize that someone can know how something is wrong and know how to correct it without possessing the ability to do it well themselves.