But I wanted to be a super hero! + My throat hurts

My phone recently got an update. One of the new features is that you can activate a hoover touch function, meaning you can press buttons just by hoovering your finger over the button on the screen. Of course the childish, irrational side of me came out before I came to the conclusion: this might be a new phone feature. (It is I looked it up)I  Instantly though: I HAVE SUPERPOWERS! Needless to say, I don't in fact have telekinesis powers.........Yet. It's like Hogwarts all over again.....

Actual complaint: My throat hurts. Cause of my meds. Occasionally these damn things cause me acid reflux which in some rare cases leads to puking. I got it twice in the last few days, and now my throat hurts. It's not a deep, horrid pain. But it's constant and it's there. On the topic of acid reflux and my meds, It usually stops me from sleeping as I take meds before bed. So I usually have to wait an hour or two before it recedes enough that I can sleep. Usually I don't get reflux, but when I do I absolutely hate it with a fiery passion. That being said I'm tired. To answer your question: No there is nothing seriously wrong with my throat, this has happened before. D:

Bonus Complaint: I want coffee but I'm out of crack change.
Bonus Complaint 2: I have a small headache.

:tldr: Teal Deer by Emotikonz My throat hurts cause of my meds, I have a headache, I have no crack change for coffee and I'm tired. Oh and I don't have superpowers. FML!
Comments25
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I am currently suffering from some kind of throat disease, it really is annoying.
Not only is my throat bloated and sore, it is hard for me to swallow even water so i can't even take any meds to bring my fever down or anything :(
It's starting to go away now, but last couple of days have been horrible.
I've been forgetting to take my morning meds at least twice a week recently. This is a problem.
I know the feeling,  I dream that I am Christopher Walken or that I turn into him only to wake up disappointed that I am not Walken,  and i'd give anything to be Walken.
I'll show ya fingers with superpowers, babeh
i can draw you as a superhero if it helps
Nah, that's okay. Thanks for the offer but I'm good. :)
My mother and I were talking about Harry Potter and what House we would be in at Hogwarts....she told me I was a Hufflepuff. :P
I'd either be in Slytherin or Gryffindor. I'm not smart enough for Ravenclaw and probably too lazy and unfriendly for Hufflepuff. Pff, there needs to be more houses. 
Yeah, there should be. :P
You should try drinking some chamomile tea with a little honey. :)
I only have hot chocolate....So I'ma have to go with that. 
 I quit my my meds, too expensive and they didn't help. My throat hurts from running today. Dx
I can't get iOS 8. I have way too much storage used and it takes a lot of time to get rid of all these pictures clogging up my storage. Sad dummy 
Ahem I meant to say my OS for my phone got updated. I forgot IOS is purely an apple thing and not just a general word for phone operating systems. I actually own a Nokia Lumia 520. 
If you had these powers, you could've used them to stop yourself from vomitting by gently closing off the esophagus. FML indeed.
I want those kinds of powers. The Darth Vader force choke kind of shit. And I wouldn't use them sparingly either.

Luke was such a puss. He could have used those powers but chose not to. When he was in Jabba's pit with the Rancor, he could have used Force Choke or Force Cerebral Aneurism, but no... that leads to the Dark Side.

Instead, let's crush its skull with an iron gate. :|
Yeah, like you can gently touch something in the most harmless manner indirectly or crush it with a force beyond your own physical limitations, if you want.

Yeah, his logic was flawed. If he only used his powers for self-defense and just enough to let him be able to get away, then it was neutral. If he was not in that situation he wouldn't even think about using them to intentionally harm. But then it's easier to write something where the characters just do dumb things instead of act reasonably because it's more "interesting". 
Yep, cause closing off your airways is clearly the perfect way to stop puking. It's not like you couldn't possibly kill yourself or anything.
How do you manage to breathe through your esophagus?
Tell me your secrets.
Okay geez, I mixed up the functions of the esophagus and trachea give me a break. 
Esophagus leads to the stomach.  Trachea leads to the lungs.
Yeah, because vomitting totally comes up from the lungs and like you'd have no way of knowing that you can't breathe if you did it yourself. But then you you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't be able to use hover-finger powers if you had them.