Censoring 'dirty' and 'bad' words with multiple meanings

I don't see why people need to censor words with multiple meanings even though they're not using it in a 'dirty' or 'bad' manner. I can see if you were maybe using it in a 'dirty' or 'bad' manner but cock has several other definitions besides it's nickname for a part of the male body. Such as:

1. a male bird, especially a rooster.
    • BRITISH
      a male lobster, crab, or salmon.
  2. 2.
    vulgar slang
    a penis.
  3. 3.
    BRITISHinformal
    nonsense.
  4. a firing lever in a gun which can be raised to be released by the trigger.
  5. 5.
    a stopcock.
  1. tilt (something) in a particular direction.

2. 2.
    raise the cock of (a gun) in order to make it ready for firing.
  1. 1.
    a small pile of hay, straw, or other material, with vertical sides and a rounded top.
  1. 1.
    shape (hay, straw, or other material) into a pile with vertical sides and a rounded top.
It just shows you people have dirtier minds than you ever intended yet you're the 'bad' one.
Comments111
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've never seen someone sensor the word cock when used appropriately. That would just send a confusing message.

On the subject of swearing though, I don't see how fuck is considered worse than fornication.
Fuck - sex
Fornication - sex between two people who are not married
This is the 21st century so that doesn't matter but you'd think fornication would be considered the worse of the two words.
Also pussy and cunt have the same meaning yet the latter is considered the worst swear word, much worse than even fuck. Well in England that is the case. I can't account for Scotland or Australia. I think America has the same attitude about it but I'm not sure.
like bastard, cock, bitch, they're not bad depending on how you use them.
Who's censoring these words? Are we talking special snowflakes who are trying to not offend other snowflakes, or are we talking autocensors on websites? Because the autocensors can't be helped, though there are ways around them.
This 16 year old girl got mad because i said the word cock (as in rooster because they were talking about animals and I was quoting a YouTube video) and she said to censor it, even if it's not used dirty
Its the same with bitch.
ikr it's just stupid. And bastard, too.
people just jump to the worst definition of it
Yeah. All it is is a person born out of wedlock! Heck, my COUSIN is a bastard!
bastard... like non married parents thing bastard? XD
yup. I mean, they're married NOW, but he's still considered a bastard because he was born before they got married.
View all replies
I'll tell you what, censors are real see you next tuesdays if you catch my drift
I don't personally like certain swear words because it feels wrong for me, personally, to write/say them, because I tend to use them in their original sense, but I agree that we shouldn't have to censor everything so much.

I have chickens, so the word "cock" is just in my head as a rooster, not a dick.
the people who take it as 'cock' like dick are worse. i mean, cock has several definitions >.>
They all do, or did at some point. Even 'fuck' had a much broader meaning. Or else they used to mean the same thing but weren't swear words, like 'cunt'.

So I guess we'd just have to throw out the concept of swearing, and have nothing to say when we got papercuts.
but cock isnt even a bad word, depending on how you use it
Because people want to take things too far to ensure they get their way about it. :x
Comment Flagged as Spam
Censorship was worse before feminism was invented.  So maybe you should thank them ^-^.

For one concrete example, the very strict Hollywood Code, which was enforced between 1934 and 1968. Ended right with the first wave of feminism! Coincidence?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_P…

You could also look at the Comics Code, and any book published in the second half of the 1800's.
"So what does everyone do for a living?"

I'm a pig farmer!

**You have been BANNED for 1 hour***

"What's your favourite snack food?"

I love pig rinds!

"Who has pets?"

I do! I have a pot-bellied pig named Precious!

"What makes you happy?"

This chat group; it has so many kind people that it brings a great pig smile to my face.

...big*
that just made my day :'D