Let. Me. Sleep.

For some reason, Austin's mom takes not answering the phone at 3 o clock in the goddamn morning as something to be concerned about. If you aren't fucking batshit stupid, you should know that during this time, most people are fucking asleep. So you wouldn't take them not answering the phone at that hour as an insult or something to worry about. You would take it to mean that they're asleep and you should stop calling them. Austin's mom, Sheri, is not one of the people who understand this concept. Frankly, I find that concerning.

She decides to respond to us not answering her apparent 3am phone calls by going over to our apartment nine hours later and frantically beating down our door. Apparently, she'd been there last night too. When we were asleep. Why? :stare:

TL;DR: 50 year old women concerned that 20 year olds sleep through the night occasionally. :dead: (This isn't the first time she's done that)
Comments40
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I see a restraining order in your future. :dummy:
wouldnt be the first time :stare:
I'd talk to her. Tell her that the reason why you don't answer the phone at three a.m is because your sleeping and then ask her to kindly stop as she is bothering you and interrupting your sleep. If she fails to cooperate, unplug your house phones before you go to bed and turn your cellphones to vibrate. 
thats what i did last night yet here we are
Then unplug dem phones. 
i left the one working phone i had in the car and her response was basically this
She probably assumed that you were the type to stay up late. :paranoid:

My advice though, take the battery out of your phone at night and if this keeps up, take this matter up with the police.
we usually are. but not that late :stare:

i've considered that honestly. but like, she's threatened us if we do anything like that.
Threatened you with what?
Get it on tape.
Then call the police.
You have to draw the line and hold it because she's not going to stop until the issue is forced.
unless both parties are aware there's recording state law says it's not admissible in court. she's not stupid. the only person who could and would be able to witness against her i've had worse issues with.
Depends on the State.
Only two parties need to be involved, that could be you and your roomie.

Call.the.cops.
Turn off the phone at night, & get one of those alarm buzzers to scare her off if she starts pounding on your door.
Dunno where I've seen them but basically loud buzzers that scare off burglars but I guess an annoying person could be pestered away.
that would scare me worse :stare:
My roommate decided the other night to cut her hair.  AT 2 IN THE MORNING.  And it was a LOOOOT of hair to be cut.  Sigh.  She couldn't wait a few hours and let me sleep?
Normally she's a good roommate.  Helped me when i was sick, quiet, leaves my stuff alone, respectful of my privacy when I need it, etc.  And I'm good to her.
But seriously?!  Cutting her hair in the middle of the night?  When I asked her about it, she said she was sick of her look and wanted to change it.  It just couldn't wait a few hours. -________-
Restrainer time. :dummy:
This reminds me of the time a neighbor rang our doorbell at 4 am in the morning. We didn't answer it, cause it scared the crap out of us and we were so violently awakened that we were pretty disoriented at the time (our dog started barking too). By the time we got to the door, she was gone.

About 10-15 minutes later, I was still trying to fall back asleep when I saw emergency lights outside my window. Turns out my neighbor's mother went into cardiac arrest and died (her mother was 102 years old). However, why she rang our doorbell confuses me, since there would have been nothing we could have done at that point. :shrug:
:iconoverruledplz::iconsaysplz:You're going to jail criminal!
But I didn't do anything wrong! :nuu: