SonofaBITCH.

Tl:dr; Massive work complaint ahead. 

So, since today was a rather crap day at work, I'm going to bullet the main complaints because otherwise I'm going to give myself another nosebleed thinking about it. Minor complaint of the day was that it was a very typical Monday for me; not getting shit done and getting slammed with business. JOY! :iconimhappyplz: 

Most of this has accumulated over the last couple of weeks, but today was the last straw, so here ya go. 

-Managment-
    -FUCKING DAN IS BACK. This is probably my biggest issue right now, mostly due to the fact that he was fucking working today. Yeah, THAT Dan. The one who threw his keys at boss lady and threatened to sue her cause she refused to give him unemployment. The one who's caused half the staff to quit and made at least everyone cry once every Sunday. The one who's caused so much stress (aside from James) in my life that I'm now mailing out resumes (I don't give a fuck anymore if that'll leave them shorthanded, we're fucked again in the ass). As to why he's back? Well I heard that he quit his other job and asked to come back. :| AND FUCKING OGT IT BACK. JFC. 
    - So Linda wrote me up a couple of days ago for cleaning the slicer. Her reason? I wasn't doing it the way she wanted me to. Even though I had the thing unplugged, the blade was closed for the majority of the cleaning, and I was almost done with it. I'm assuming it stems from my incident back in March, but I'm honestly not sure why she felt it was reasonable to write me up for cleaning the slicer the way they told me to in the first place. :stare: She said that she's getting me "safer gear" to clean the slicer with, but I haven't seen it yet and I'm pretty positive that I'm not going to either. 
-Dishwashers-
    -Omggggg why do we such shit dishwashers? We used to have good ones and now we got the crappy attitude ones. The shittiest thing is we can't yell at them anymore cause it "hurts their feelings". Uh, excuse you but you're at work, not daycare. You're there to do your job, not to cause problems like you do every fucking time you clock in. You're lucky that you're there, cause I sure as hell would've fired you for your lack of teamwork. 
 -Hiring new staff-
    - So, we got a new dishwasher. I guess that's great cause it's supposed to be helpful for one of our other disher who's going to be gone for awhile. But for christ's sake, why do you have our slowest dishwasher training him? I've been saying for weeks and requesting for weeks that if you get a new dishwasher, please let me or one of the other cooks train them because they won't learn the bad habits of the other dishers then. But NOOOOOOO. Completely ignore what I say, even though you get constant complaints from the other servers/managers/cooks/EVERYBODY about their crap work. 
    -Speaking of hiring, I've still not seen an ad for another cook being listed for the team. Look, I know you hate change, but we've gone through this last year, and the year before that; WE NEED ANOTHER COOK. We're fine if we're never sick or never busy. That is a laughable delusion this year. We're busier than previous years (thank the money gods for that) and we had issues with health last year. Not sure about this year but I'm going to guess that someone is going to get really sick and more than one cook is getting overtime (which a bad thing for the boss lady, I guess). And with you instilling the obsessive cleaning requirements this year, that's going to be more time on the clock than you want cause we can't clean and cook at the same time (by clean I mean deep cleaning, taking things apart and scrubbing them till your fingers bleed). So please don't yell at me getting overtime cause you told me to clean your kitchen the way you wanted to be. If you're having issues with overtime, FUCKING HIRE ANOTHER COOK. 
Comments88
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You should leave. Just leave. Then sue them.
Sue them when a better job would pay more than I ask? seems legit. 
lol this barely has any comments.
Meh, not surprising. :shrug: I'm not on here enough to garner more attention. 
Is that an accusation in disguise?! :stinkeye:
Yeah, you wouldn't want to hurt the dishwasher's feelings.
Yes, we also wouldn't want clean dishes either, or poor attitudes that derail the rest of the staff. :roll: 
Such terror!
I'd say this is about time for you to do the following with Dan. :iconthrowplz:
Definitely. Especially since he's shown he hasn't changed since last time he was there. :iconfacepalmplz: 
Boss lady should learn to be consistent, Dan should go choke on a fish bone.
Boss lady needs to learn a thing or two about actually learning from her past and not say yes to every person who asks for a job. 
If I'd come in and ask for a job, would she give me one :bucktooth:?
Probably, knowing her. :/
Well, fuck :lol:
I do have some culinary experience though, so I wouldn't be a total waste of air unlike other people there.
View all replies
In HS I worked at a restaurant and sometimes I had to fill in for the dishwashers.
What pissed me off was the servers would just throw their trays on the cleaning table and if any cups broke I got blamed.
They did it all the time and the management knew they did it. Busers and wait staff were
told all the time not to do that, but the dishwashers got blamed for not 'stopping them'.

I think that's why we went through so many dishwashers:rofl:
I literally cannot remember how many washers they went through.
I worked there three years (sophomore to graduation), so I'm guessing 15+

I'm a jerk so I didn't care.
I imagined a mechanical dishwasher getting it's feelings hurt. I felt more sympathy for the machines. D:
For about 2 second there, so did i :lol:
The machines are better workers than those running them. :\
Ew sounds like hell. My last job was food service and FUCK DAT SHIT not even a week and it was stressful. Their food was shite, not very good labels. The can opener was crap so I took MORE time trying to work the damn thing. We didn't get partners and sadly for me I get the cold bar because yeah all the kiddies like the ice cream and flinging sprinkles every where and the salads are totes healthy globbing all that dressing and extra cheese. So cleaning my whole area and refilling stuff was hell.

Got an interview for Walgreens tomorrow let's see how that goes. :icongeniusmemeplz: