Go. AWAY.

Do people not know what 'introverted' means?! It doesn't mean 'shy' or 'nervous around people'. What it means is that I like being alone.

I'm not going to your party/hang out/shin-dig, now matter how you insist that 'nobody will bother me'. The presence of these people is anti-fun for me.

It also means that when I'm pissed off and go off on my own, DO NOT FOLLOW. I'm pissed off and your presence is pissing me off more, so piss off!!!

People suck.

Bonus: I need to get out of customer service.
Comments163
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
my sister threw a party and I stayed in my room..
My dad threw a party and I stayed in his room. Promptly went to sleep, actually.

I was visiting and I love him, but I told him up front that I don't do parties.
yeah I didn't really know anyone and even my dog abandoned me...
I love it when people express their desire to be alone by telling the rest of the world.
It's wonderful and brilliant, right?
I have this problem sometimes. People will follow me around insisting that I'm isolating myself because "something's wrong" and I'm "depressed". When I try to explain to them "No. I just enjoy my own company." they're like OMG NO ONE REALLY LOVES BEING ALONE COME BE SOCIAL WITH US WE PROMISE WE WONT ANNOY YOU :ohnoes:

:iconlazycryplz: like no plz just go awaY. I understand that people aren't intentionally trying to annoy me. I really do appreciate that they're trying and care about me, but it's just the personality I have. I wish it were easier for people to understand that some individuals like being alone just to be alone, not because there's something wrong. 
Being alone is nice isn't it. Are you completely introverted? Do you ever like having people around? I adore being alone, but there are times i like being around friends and people i like
Oh, I wouldn't mind having some people over for a bunch of rounds of Smash or Mario Kart or Timesplitters. That's great fun!

Unfortunately, the people I work with fall into two categories:
1: Don't play games at all. What are you, 10?!
2: Play none of the games or genres I care for. Real men play play CoD, WoW, Left For Dead...

If only my controllers for my 64 still work. I'd rock a Mario Party day.
Nintendo 64 is the bomb
Lol  I wish I lived near you. I don't get much of a chance to play games but I like games like Mario much more that CoD and all that stuff
But have you tried dieing yet? That'll show 'em!
I did! They brought me back! Why do you think I'm monochrome?!
pfft... Killing them is where it's at.
We deal with people we don't like or won't fuck off because you say so pal, I'm more introvert than extrovert but I am just as ccontent with myself alone as I am with other people, so it's a win win for me pal, hope you find a way as well.
Being an introvert does not mean you are incapable of enjoying social contact.

In fact some of the biggest introverts I know, love hanging around in groups of friends so long as we do not expect them to be involved in discussions too often.

In fact, introversion does not mean you like being alone at all. Your assumption of this says that at least for your intellectual capacity a more developped social life may do you some good. 

I think that you would find that you approach the soft definition of antisocial, rather than solely introvert.
Yeah I agree with you, I'd consider myself an introvert too so I get it but you can need alone time and still enjoy spending time with others. Saying the very presence of people is anti-fun seems more antisocial to me and being introverted is not a free pass to be rude to others cus you'd rather be alone.
Gotta disagree. The words introversion and extroversion are attempts to define behavior that is rather wide in spectrum. Just because someone does not like being around people for period of time, does not make them antisocial.

Just because some introverted friends enjoy hanging around groups of friends, does not mean that all introverted persons will. I myself enjoy small group gatherings, but like the topic poster here, there are times i'd like to be alone. 
... My point is that he is using introverted as though the description infers everything he says, when it plainly does not.

He comes across as more extreme than your softer description, and I did say the softer description.

Spectrum is not a word that should be used for something that has so many tangents to it`s definition. Category is a much better word. At least while you define it in terms of behavior rather than the model that tries to explain the source of that behaviour, which is what the 2 words refer to.

I am similar, it is just that this topic holder leaves no holes open for enjoying small gatherings in the OP, and is getting angry when his own assumptions are erroneous.
I have to respectfully disagree. I myself feel frustration when I am unable to find a quiet place to sort my thoughts, and can relate to the poster in that regard.

Spectrum only implies a wide range, like the range of tolerance thresholds associated with introversion and extroversion. I stand by its use. 

I am not here to argue about semantics. I never even said that the poster was correct in his definition of the word. I'm only saying that wanting to be alone does not make him antisocial.
But you admit that not all introverts are like you? I mean, I apparently classify as one, the full INTP typology if you have much respect for the Myers-Briggs, and I rarely get irritated in such a way. I like being uninterrupted, but I won`t get grouchy if I can`t get that. 

You seem to insist on ascribing behaviours to the word that are NOT attached to it`s definition. And while anyone feels they must be then I find that somewhat insulting, thank you very much.

Spectrum implies a wide range on a single plane or scale. Tolerance is not included as part of the spectrum implied in the words introversion and extroversion. It is a behavioural tangent that can accompany one or the other in so many forms it is not even acceptable as a single psychological/behavioural characteristic or emotion. So no, basically, "range of tolerance thresholds" are not associated with introversion and extroversion. Not in high enough correlation to indicate any real link of causality.

But that is the original definition of the word. Certainly where hostility towards someone proposing social activity is concerned. Leave the "pathological" connotations at the door, and that is essentially what we have. An antisocial person. A person who does not like social activity, to the point of even disliking the presence of other people. I frankly think that the use of the word to such negative extremes as it is used now is abusive. So maybe a better word is out there capable of making the distinction, but introvert is not it, considering that that is a true scientific term with a precise meaning, that has little to do with social tolerance.
 I have insisted on nothing beyond the use of the word spectrum. If I have insisted on a definition beyond that involving extroversion or introversion, i welcome you to post it to remind me. 

On the rest, we will have to agree to disagree. I am not on board with your argument, least of all the implication that one introvert (or extrovert) will behave exactly the same as another, and tolerate the same degree of social interaction. I find that there is a lot of gray area where people are concerned, not a simple binary of black and white, this or that.

I am done with this argument, as it has not been my intention to nit pick over words, but simply to caution the hasty labeling of the poster as anti-social. If you insist on continuing, pm me, and we'll take the conversation out of this thread.
"Spectrum only implies a wide range, like the range of tolerance thresholds associated with introversion and extroversion."
It is the association of tolerance thresholds or the need to be alone being obligatory to the definition of introvert that I am rejecting.

But that is precisely my point, I am rejecting your association of tolerance thresholds with the concept of introversion. I am rejecting the OPs implication that being an introvert means you obligatorily feel the need to be alone, and saying that the correlation is far too low for introversion to be the causal reason for this, in introverts who feel such a need.

In that case, I believe our only clashing point is on the use of anti-social for what he uses introvert to mean. Which there is not much more to be said on, seen as I do not really know of an acceptably widely defined word that could cover my meaning better, and you have not provided an alternative either. There we will truely have to agree to disagree.
View all replies
Sounds like a perfect career choice for you.

not srs
Tell them to stfu. Only loudly.