About the 'close thread' and 'hide comment' features...

So annoying. Whenever someone makes a thread only to hide it and then close it within the next seconds/minutes. Why do you make the effort at all?

I get the impression that these people are way too shy and fearful of us. Mind you, this happens outside of Complaints as well, so the whole "people are mean" is invalid. If you're one of them, I kindly request you to DEAL WITH IT, and let me people know what you wrote. Otherwise, do not post anything.
THANK YOU.

(Grammar mistakes in the title don't count and are a separate thing, of course. Also, rawr.)
Comments185
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I happen to love it all.
That is indeed annoying :nod: 
I think I know who this is about
You think wrong, because I'm not directing this to anyone in specific. :B
Everything has a cause...  :p
It's not about being a coward, shy, or anxiety riddled. At least not for me, I can't speak for the rest of DA. When I close a thread it's because I get to interrupt the little side comments and shit. I get to hold power over everyone who comments in my thread in someway. The power is magnificent, and, sometimes, devastating.
Try making a thread and hiding it then closing it before anyone has got the chance to comment. Then come back and tell me if you still feel the same. :B
Of course I wouldn't feel the same because no one commented and I can't interrupt the side conversations.
I have to agree. :nod: If you have something to say, be bold and think before you post something you might regret.
Society anxiety.  That's why.
I have pretty bad social anxiety but I never really find it hard to approach people online through text...

Maybe they're just pussies. :B
Hidden by Commenter

jk.  I also don't really worry about negative comments and I usually follow the philosophy of "Come at me bro."  I'd rather have a constant wave of feedback telling me how awful all of my material is and how my existence is an insult against mankind than the response I usually get (utter silence).
I hide comments on my profile, but then I like it tidy.

I don't usually close or hide comments on the forums. In fact, I very rarely edit unless I did a huge typo that says the opposite of what I was meaning. I think so far after the first week that the edit option came out, I've only used it once.

I'd rather let people see my typos than see how much of an OCD perfectionist I am through pointless edits. :P
I hide comments in my profile as well, for the same reason, though it's rare. I do edit a typo if I see it, though, because why won't I? I have the option, and I like my posts to be well-written. I AM a perfectionist, often. :paranoid: Not OCD, that's silly, but still.
 I remember someone making a thread and it turned into an absolute clusterfuck. It was their fault, because they had a decent amount of watchers and one day seemed to want to preach religious stuff.
 So they left it open for awhile, because at the beginning, a few religious nuts supported their bigotry, but as soon as the thread gained momentum and most people called them out for the bigot they were, they closed the thread.

Then they hid the original post that started it. And that's what bothers me the most about these new options. You can have a thread with 400+ comments and discussions going on, and the OP can hide what the thread was about :stare:
That bothers me as well, though I haven't seen it much. Most of what I've seen is people who insta-hide threads. The admins probably don't care, since it's time saved for them to have to go through reports from crybabies, or time saved for the CV's.
 The insta-hide ones bug me too
Tiger Punch?

I just found this and I had to share.
I wonder if you have noticed. Tiger :meow: by StripedPower
I like that one! :lol: 
You have no idea what I'm talking about. :B