I can't sing

I can't sing, but my little sister can, and she's always getting all the attention for it. ALWAYS!! When we were at our grandma's house, she kept saying how talented and beautiful her voice is. I made me so angry and sad! I hate how no matter how had I try, my voice will always come in second next to hers...I really want to cry right now! =(
Comments464
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Even if you can't sing just sing. If you enjoy it, do it.
I'm a little shocked that this forum is still up! XD
Yeah really, haha, I'm surprised anyone responded.
I'm not, the Complaints Forum is quite popular on DA.
That's very true
I should close it soon. I'm not sad anymore, and I want a new topic to bring up.
Go ahead! I'm not stopping you, haha
View all replies
Everyone's good at different things :) Singing may be her thing, yours is just different. One thing about being good at something like singing or playing an instrument is that you have to "perform" for people all the time, and that can get tiresome. Instead of being jealous, try working on finding your own strengths :)
So far, my strength seems to be making miniatures and acting.
You say you can't sing? Wait till you hear me singing xD it causes strange responses from living organisms that hear it... o.O
How bad could you be?
You don't wanna know xD trust me
If everyone could sing then the only job occupation in this word would be singers. I'm sure you have other talents that wins over your sister, focus on that instead. Jealousy can only bring trouble. 
I used to get jealous too, all my sisters were way more clever than me, I felt like nothing. But now I know I can do other things they can't. Have faith in yourself you are just as good as her, or even better. You just haven't discovered it yet. :)
I've noticed that when someone is paid, requested, etc. to do something, that tends to impress family members even more. I have a story. My parents say that I'm creative but they didn't make a big deal about a picture I consider my magnum opus. They know I'm not that great at drawing and such, but I found out I actually had a talent for coloring with water color pencil. And it was my first time using it and surprisingly my art teacher really liked it, because she was used to sucky work from me. Even the subject was pretty good (in my opinion); a pot-bellied mantis, a pot-bellied pig and praying mantis hybrid. So then next year in English we have do a project based around a book. I decide to just get it over with by creating a playlist and then relating the songs to the novel. My English teacher is impressed and asks me to sign up for a contest, which involves making a multimedia presentation. I do a little video with some stock photos, snippets of the songs, and brief explanations. I ended up winning in my category and my parents and teachers are amazed. It didn't seem to matter that it involved less creativity and talent than "Spanky the Pot-Bellied Mantis", I competed against one underclassman and came out on top. 
"Spanky the Pot-Bellied Mantis"??? XD
Learn from this sad tale. The tale of the forgotten pot-bellied mantis.
this is the best jelly ever!
Your profile has a 404 on it.
sucks for you!