American idol really?

:facepalm: so I've been reading up about this cool singer that came to our church called moriah peters. I found out she had tried out for American idol but got denied. I thought "okay that's not bad people get denied all the time."

Of course the reasons were so stupid I wanted to smack the judges. :stare:

They basically said, "go throw away your Christianity, kiss a random guy, have sex and make mistakes. Then come back to us and your perfect!" :iconsarcasticnateplz:

Really? That's pretty stupid.
Comments119
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
O_O

someone get my flamethrower
It's sad when people would rather accept a drunken lying whore than someone who actually has morals.
That's true. Amish had a funny little scene that described it perfectly. :D

"Congratulations you have convinced your entire town to vote for your marginally talented ass!"
Good. Xtian music sucks balls.
You just be thinking of just worship music. We have a wide variety of music genres ranging from pop to screamo.
If it isn't related to god, religion, faith or worship, what exactly makes is Xtian music? Not trying to bash now, I'm genially curious. o-o
I was saying we have general Christian screamo and duh tat wasn't at all close to boring. :p

Just look up anthem lights, they're a perfect example.
That shit's still on?
Yes. :stare:

Let us not worry though for the voice is returning. :dummy:
Exactly my thoughts. Oh, and I see that Survivor is also still going on.
I don't know if that's true, but it wouldn't be that surprising if it was. Christians don't sell; that's all there is to it :shrug:
I guess you haven't heard of Skillet. It's a Christian Band that is insanely successful.
I actually mentioned them... but their songs are vague. 
Surprisingly they do. Just that show seems to degrade them. :noes:

I know plenty if Christian artists that sell, for example, royal tailor had a mention about their new music video on the Ryan seacrest homepage. :dummy:
That is true. Royal Tailor rocks :D The only other people I can think of that are Christian I listen too are Skillet, tobyMac and Britt Nicole. I heard Britt on the radio once actually. But they aren't as mainstream, even if the music itself is pretty good.
They basically said, "go throw away your Christianity, kiss a random guy, have sex and make mistakes. Then come back to us and your perfect!"

What they actually said was "go kiss a boy" and "experience life". That's it. Still stupid, but nowhere near as stupid as what you're claiming.
I doubt that that ever really happened.
Ew, contemporary Christian music.
What's wrong with it? :3
Contemporary (pop-rock?) music is annoying enough without explicitly religious lyrics. That's as nice as I can put it.
Eh, it's their thing. Their reasons don't have to be good. 
If they don't like you, welp! try something else. :shrug:

They'll turn you away if they feel like you aren't ready, or if you are rude. 
It's just how they are and how they chose to run things. Plus it's T.V.. 
Cracking jokes and turning people away for random things gets ratings. 

"They basically said"
Uhh.. Well which is it? is that what they said or not? By that sentence
it seems like what they said was either taken out of context or someone
was butt hurt and added some things. What they "basically" said and what
was actually said are usually two different things. 
Agreed. I think american idol looks more for people they can display as role models, or that are simply relatable with the public, regardless of their vocal abilities.
I watched the last season, and I don't think it could have been anymore obvious to me.. When the beautiful nurse, with a lovely singing voice got to go home, and the monotone lesbian, with very poor talent and stage presence got to keep advancing.. I knew it was all bs. :/ and at the end, even more so, because I know for a fact that there were better people at the auditions than Caleb or Jena. Smh.
I thought Caleb had some talent. :noes: