Deviantart blocked in Russia!!! T___T

Ok, everyone, sorry, but i feel furious... you know nowadays our government tries to censure everytning and they started to block sites, without understanding how to do it right! >_< like, they find some picture or text or anything they don't like and block the WHOLE site. Even Wikipedia has been in that *%^$& list once! We have some ways to get to the blocked sites but OMG that pisses me off!!
Comments412
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If this hasn't been mentioned before, I think VPN could work. 
WTF? Can anyone explain why??? Is Putin going Iron Curtain or something?
Going?
How about gone.
Haha, he says he doesn't, i don't trust politicians though...
:shrug: Guess Putin doesn't want to see a lot of ponies -- lots and lots of multi-colored ponies

Totally Not Gay by jollyjack
Still blocked in at least some areas of Saint-Petersburg (and prolly a whole lotta other cities, just not everyone can find themselves a TOR as easily as it's suggested :( ), as my dear friend Umaken had the anonymizer's luck to report :stare:

So this forum topic is far from ready to be closed once and for all, I'm afraid :o
I won't close it yet) i suggest to use freegate, it helped me! And, of coarse, to speak to the providers!
Thank you for starting it, first and foremost :thanks:, the community gotta be aware of how politicians mess with daily lives of ordinary folks :doh:
Russia hates America even if it's on the web. Most websites are American made or owned. Facebook, DA, Tumblr, etc. So good luck with that and fuck Putin. His name sounds like chicken liver paste.  Good luck with the blocks though.  
Paste... haha, thanks for making me laugh)) Thank you!
In Russia deviantart blocks you

(couldn't resist the stupid joke that goes on around the internets)
Actually, people say "in soviet russia" but it's almost close. I was actually for someone to say that.
I wouldn't be concerned for our Russian friends. I know a Russian online and she tells me when Russia bans something, the first few weeks or so they're hardcore about enforcing the ban but then stop caring after a while. And when Russian government blocks a website, it doesn't mean dick to the people. They just hack in like it's nothing. It's to keep up appearance by the government of being strong to the people and nothing more. She also says Russians enjoy these sort of things. I think they take it as a challenge.
First Putin shoots spies, then he shoots tigers, now he shoots the internet.

That man is fuckin scary. I love it.

:iconputinplz:
How could you have posted this complaint in the first place when deviantART was blocked?
There are several anonimasers and stuff))
Damn that sucks... and is really interesting to know as well. There are/were some very talented artists in Russia who have used this site to promote their art. I am legitimately saddened to hear this, and I fear that things will get a whole lot worse over there before they start getting better.
It's unblocked already) though some artists' galleries must be blocked
Oh, well let's hope it stays that way I guess.
(Sorry for commenting twice)

In Soviet Russia, websites block you.
Get TOR browser. It allows all websites/webpages, even the ones you can't search with Google or Bing. :iconthatsrightplz: