Fucking bollocks

So I spent £200 on tickets to a festival - www.facebook.com/AlternativeFe…. Yesterday, rumours started flying around about its cancellation. 

I was sceptical; the person talking about it tacked on a rather suspicious shill to a rival festival. There was a deluge of Facebook and Twitter queries and rants, which I didn't take part in, because panicking isn't going to help. 

Then the headliners started cancelling on their websites and smaller bands were dropped outright. 

The thing that's really rotten about this is that the organisers have had a day to put out a press release, but they haven't confirmed or denied the festival cancellation. 

Until they confirm it, no one can get their money back. 

People are getting really, really angry. It's all been horribly mismanaged. This is/would be the inaugral festival, which was crowd-funded, initially. I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm getting all face-punchy. 
Comments36
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well.. good luck. >:
My main worry is that if they offer a "reduced" festival, with none of the acts I want to see, that makes it impossible to have a refund, because the event has to be formally cancelled. 

I really don't think I'd want to go, which would be a waste of money. 
bollocks is like my favorite English (non-American) "cuss" word.  It just sounds so silly.
It really rolls off the tongue. 
For some people, this is literal.
I think rolling off the forehead is more common. 
I don't get it.
Heh, that totally didn't come to mind.

And I just had sex too.

Oh well.
View all replies
God what asses, I'm sorry your not the only pissed ticket buyer; I highly doubt the won't refund tickets, especially if a lot of people complain and demand for them.
I hope you can get a refund somehow.
Believe me, so do I. 
Almost as much as your comment. 
Clever. You're so smart. I want to be like you. I want to wake up one morning and decide that I want to be original and take a selfie with a DSLR in front of a mirror. That has never been done. Thank you for inspiring me, some guy on the internet.
Glad to have helped. :)
They're probably panicking about how much money they have to give back so they're dragging their feet. :-/
There's probably a heap of legal shite going on in the background. 
It's a big event and all sorts of things could potentially go wrong. I get that.  It's the lack of acknowledgement that's the real problem though. 
thats pretty shitty, £200 is a lot of money. 
It's enough to have me eating from the on-sell-by fridge in the supermarket for a few weeks. 
Its a lot of money, its pretty shitty. I really hope you get your money back, well, you better. D:
Thing is, I'd have loved for it to work as an annual. I'd be really happy if there was an organisational issue and they tried again next year, but in terms of branding, no one is going to trust them. They'll never get it off the ground again.
Mhm, they goofed up real' bad. £200 is so much money, its not even funny >:
Some people booked thousand-dollar flights. :/