A stupid reason for getting blocked

So there's this person that blocked me for a very stupid reason, or should I say, none at all. This guy just pulled up the ban hammer without sending me a note or comment on why I was blocked, with the only hint I can think of is this guy suggesting that I'm a threat to him or his fandom just because I agreed with someone else who commented on his profile leaving a critique about his absurd way of asking for commissions.

dA's policies on how blocking other people works ranges from being useful to just utter shit. If we're blocking someone, let us say why we blocked him/her instead of them receiving the "We're Sorry, but you cannot post a comment here" text when they try to post a comment. I know there's a thing about privacy, but giving a reason behind why I'd like privacy from just this one person would significantly help in determining if the reason is a good, legit reason for blocking someone, or something stupid that the blocked person can just contact an admin on the site to force-lift the block?
Comments192
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Alright, since the discussion of this topic is very much dead since I already made everything clear by this point, I'll just close this thread.
:iconsuperjustinbros:
Oh shut up
No one cares an emotard got blocked by someone
Get over it

No one should be forced to explain why they blocked someone. Ever.
Someone block me due i am a guy,
I once got blocked by someone for drawing a picture of myself. She thought that the drawing, while stating clearly and looking obviously that it was indeed myself (and matched up with the few photos I posted of myself), was actually a male version of herself. I live in the US and she lived in Austrailia and have never seen her or any photo of her and she had never apparently uploaded a photo of herself to the internet. Because of this she freaks the heck out.

She considered herself an "energy healer" and came to the one and only logical conclusion: I am an energy stealing vampire using my dark powers to divine her appearance and gender bend it in a simple pencil sketch. In doing so, I was thus stealing her life energy from the other side of the earth through the internet. To further prove her point, she found further evidence that I must be an energy stealing vampire in that a week or so before I decided to draw myself, I gave her a friendly comment on a photo she posted of a lizard on a sidewalk. This correlated to the dragon design I put in the background of the drawing of myself.

So science and reason prevailed and she blocked me in an attempt to thwart my vampire powers but that wasn't enough apparently. Because she still thought about me and the drawing I did of myself which still remained in my gallery, she must have still felt her life essence being drained away through the internet. She then deleted everything in her account (this was before deactivating one's dA account was possible) and as far as I know, never ventured onto the internet again.

:icontruestoryplz:
I'm sorry to hear all this happened.
Maybe I should block you because your username starts with "S."

Because that is a perfectly legit reason to block someone.

Totally.
Best reason to block ever.
:iconfreeinternetplz:
People should be allowed to block who they want, but there are those who abuse it. If you were blocked that fast by someone over...not much...that person isn't even worth talking to. Contacting staff to get a ban lifted would be more headache for them to get involved in petty matters.
I consider what you say 100% true. :)
I'm blocking you because I don't like your icon. 
Ok, I'll admit, You made me chuckle a bit.
O: You're not allowed to come to my page and be /nice/ after that. 
i was also blocked because i stated a intelligent opinion against a bitchy artist bullying a 13 year old girl who re drew her drawing from some tumblr post. Did she redraw it without permission sure, but telling her 20,000 watchers to send hate messages after 2 days of this girl not replying was a bit extreme.
OMG, really?!
I'm afraid to ask who it was -__-
Going after a kid by sending the flying monkeys to her page to attack her. Yep, that's the height of maturity right there! :roll:
Doesn't surprise me; this is the Internet, the land of the severely desperate loners and thin-skinned morons.

You have two ways to go about it: you can ignore such opinions completely, or you can combat them with your own. You chose the latter, and at that point, you should have prepared yourself for the shitstorm you have started. :no:

I'll be honest, though, bypassing a block is a solution only desperate retards would make, especially considering how the only reason why people would want to do it is so they can continue to bicker with them (which, by the way, is childish and pathetic) and the fact people need not provide a reason as to why they would block another in the first place. Granted, dA needs to fix that privacy system and go back to telling people straight-up whether someone's been banned or deactivated. Makes it much easier to report them. :nod:
Let me point out real quick that there was no "shitstorm" or flame war going on. Someone else on the guy's profile comments regarding the person's over the top commission guidelines, I reply supporting the opinion of the commenter, I'm silently and instantly blocked and only found out I was blocked because I couldn't comment on any of the guy's art.

Also, I was never bickering with this artist. I tried making a request to him when requests were still open, and I never got any conformation if he did accept it, which lead to me only re-asking once if the request was accepted (since the guy already did arts of characters people I follow designed). The person I mentioned in the previous paragraph was asking why the guy seems so contempt with drawing characters for only a select few of those that requested characters before they were closed (as the artist was still finishing up the requests he got), and I basically voiced my opinion on how faulty of a system this guy's requests system was (and the artist not being a native English speaker and not responding to his fanbase's questions). I assume he saw the comment I posted, and he blocked me because he saw my criticism as a serious threat. There's a difference between blocking a ranting, crazed angry person, a spammer, or a troll, and blocking people whom A. were being entirely civil and honest with what they were saying and B. in no way was attempting to bash this artist and his/her fandom and simply wanted to say an opinion. Nothing I said could be passed off as an attack or spam/troll comment, no matter what the artist that blocked me claims.

DA's blocking policies don't help either on this, since it's rather faulty with how it treats the blocker and the blocked once the blocker takes action. Not being able to know why the blocked user was blocked in the first place can confuse people, but being able to know why could help make the artist learn not to try and piss around with other artists the same way they did on the first guy. I should still be able to favorite the art of the person that's blocking me, but the blocker doesn't see me listed on the deviation's list of favorites nor sees it in my favorites if they decide to visit and lurk around. Also if you do block someone, any activity they do would be automatically hidden to you unless you directly visit their profile page. So incase I block this guy back just so I can forget him but then his art shows up under the "More from dA" window on an art's page or in the favorites of someone else's dA page, I'd have more a chance of forgetting him.
Again, it was stupid of the artist, but some people are that way. If you're not with them, you're against them. It's not even worth dwelling on.
I think I've been blocked because I was on a block list made up of trolls/people who comment a lot on the forums. I don't care, because people who'd block you like that, without any real basis are probably not worth my time. So don't worry about that person, in fact be relieved because they're probably not worth your time either.
It happens, I am not sure why it bothers you so much though. Its one person out of millions on the internet. 
If he wants to block people then he has a right to. He shouldn't have to give you a reason, hell he might not even have one.
Either way its something he chose to do. I would just move on and ignore it. 
Well, it's different when the guy who blocks you is someone both high-profile and has gained tons of views thanks to the constant amount of fan service this guy draws, including allowing free requests for a limited time.

However the guy is very non-social thanks to being from an entirely different region. I was blocked because he interpreted my response to someone who commented on his profile who questioned his problematic request services as a serious threat, even though I was 100% civil and wasn't intended as a personal attack. Even one of my good buds on the site doesn't believe me when I sayI wasn't intending to upset the poor guy.

He may be a good artist, but not learning to communicate with your fans can leave a scratch in your reputation as more people find out your true colors. And by now I'd just move on.
You haven't really moved on though if you went through the trouble of making a forum thread :shrug:

So what if he has tons of views? views really don't mean anything I promise.

He may have thought you and the other person were just negative trolls, or maybe he just likes nothing but ass pats.
Either its his life. If he wants to be immature, a douche, or someone who just wants his ego stroked then he can. Like I said, hes just one person out of millions. It just sounds like something to laugh off really. Its a little comical he is that threatened by a couple comments that don't say "you are noting but pure perfection" lol
i've had dumber.

try getting blocked by someone for faving a coupe of their pics,
cause they were a pretty good artist and had very little favs. so i gave some. next thing i know they block me and yell at me for fav whoring.... now i know why that idiot has very few favs, he blocks people for being nice.

and even dumber, a person who threatened to block you unles you left a comment on their works. so i did and left one that told them how absurd it was to force people to comment. next thing i know they threaten to block me unless i did what they wanted, which i did, still got blocked for doing what they asked.