Humans

Comment hidden
Comments187
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Using as few strokes as possible when scribbling the gesture thumbnail for the pose helps to keep it looking fluid :nod:

(But even then afterwards it can still be a pain in the ass to pull off, 'cause once you start painting in musculature and foreshortening everything it all starts to feel clunky and then- *warflashbacks* :iconexcitedstareplz:)
Weakness of the soul = an incessant block list
Some people are very negative these days..

They aren't even capable of speaking to me.. it's the weakness of the soul
Papa no, no, don't put an ink line there, the sketch isn't ready. Papa, PAPAAAAA! :iconohshitplz:
SON, IT IS TOO LATE
I HAVE SUCCUMB TO ACCIDENTALIEFELDITIS, SAVE YOURSELF!

As a rule of thumb, any posing/anatomy work is all good so long as it looks as far removed from Rob Liefeld's twisted beings as possible. How the hell that guy still gets paid I'll never know.
:lol: Just keep at it, you'll get there in time. :iconthatsrightplz: And hey, at least you're keeping active and working on your craft, right?

:iconcheeringplz: You can do it!
What are you my cheerleader?! :stare::stare:
:stare: Oh fuck, you've seen right through my clever ruse.

Stare Hug by sockhidunderaboulder I am in fact now your very own personal cheerleader. How you 'doin?
:iconcomebackplz: Wait, don't go! How can slowly drive you insane by cheering you on as you go about performing the day to day minutia of your life if you spend all your time hiding in bushes!?

:icongrinstareplz: I mean, really, you'll hardly notice I'm there. In your house. Watching you.

:stare: Always watching you...always.
I'm not the only one being watched :iconunwinkplz:
:iconhideplz: wadda'ya mean by that?
I have a cheapo webcam with a record mode, and a bigass mirror next to my desk, for purposes of reference. Or at least, that's what I tell the guy I live with when he's wondering wtf I'm doing jumping around like an idiot in front of it :p (seriously, though, I have the same problem and they help a bit)
I used to have a full-body length mirror. I think my sister took it :ohnoes:

They are definitely helpful! I use myself as reference all the time
I don't know what to say that hasn't been said in this thread.
Basically what you are showing us here is a comic style rawing that is very stylized ( the pose isn't bad made like i've read in a previous comment), so what the artist has done there is take a realistic  pose and exagerate it to make it look more dynamic in exchange for realism ( wich is totally ok), so I think that's what you shouls do, you should pick up photo references, make a study and try to see how you can exagerate those poses to make them look more dynamic. Good luck
Exaggeration is pretty key, but the problem comes for me when I exaggerate and just end up with an uncanny-valley-dwelling type mess of proportions :XD:
Well you just have to copy a lot of photos and read books about anatomy drawing and that, there's not much more to it, and yes, it can get pretty dull some times but the results show after a while.
Don't know much about books and that but I recommend you "drawing the head and figure" by Jack Hamm, that's what my comic book teacher gave me for proportions and all that, and the book "how to draw comics the marvel way" had some cool superhero looking poses that show that exagerations
Ooh thanks, I'll look into it :D
You are welcome
The solution is simple. Draw woofs instead! :iconwolfaboosplz: