How does one not notice when half their butt is exposed?

This is less a complaint and more a very, very inane pondering.

There appear to be many sound, able-minded people who haven't the slightest clue when half their mound is exposed to the world outside of their pants. Not just by a small hint, but a generous whalloping portion of their crack plainly visible to anyone behind them when they bend, kneel, or sit.

I can't fathom not noticing this happening to myself. I start to panic with a few good inches to spare between my pant line and the danger zone, but all too many others seem confoundingly oblivious, even with much giggle/staring taking place around them. I thought our skins were endowed with tactile sensors specialized for detecting differences between heat/cold and textures that can alert our brains to an exposed crevice situation? Is it poorly connected to some peoples' thinkmeat, or do some just plain not mind? I'm only sorry for having nothing better to ponder on this fine Friday.
Comments465
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I wonder how people don't realize that as well too.
I thought our skins were endowed with tactile sensors specialized for detecting differences between heat/cold and textures that can alert our brains to an exposed crevice situation?

I thought so too, but it seems that some people's arses are padded so generously with fat that their nerve endings are unable to detect the sensations. Which is why an off-hand comment about the moon is required in such circumstances; their hearing is usually still functional.
Gotta wonder the same about nipple slips too.
You would think they wouldn't want to leave themselves vulnerable.
Brig by JZLobo
Sometimes I notice but can't get up right away so I just pretend I don't and hope no one else does :stare:.
I have a problem with having my butt exposed. I'm not sure if its a fat guy thing or not. I usually try to fix it by pulling my shirt down when I sit/kneel/bend.
:giggle: This has just made my day.
Well, once my whole back part of my dress was rolled up into my dress and I went walking out of the bathroom like that. My ass felt free. Very free. It was nice, for a second until I realized it was free.
annoyed about the same thing, for different reasons.... 95% of pants, even small sizes, are made for fairly wide-waisted people :/  so anyone who isn't thick waisted has to either lumpishly wad up the extra with an uncomfortable belt , or get everything altered, or have a well-ventilated butt, or wear unprofessional looking fake-tailored stretchy material pants, or wear long shirts to hide the problem.

>_> I wear a lot of really long shirts.
I don't know where you live, but I want to buy pant there!
When I start my journey to find the perfect pair of trousers, I normally feel like my butt magically expands when I try on one of these trendy skinny jeans. ;P
I just throw pennies into the crack and make a wish.
:rofl: I'd die laughing if I saw anyone do this. I remember once a friend was over and she threw a shoe at me when I was bent over!
i.imgur.com/oDVVebL.jpg

Maybe some people this happens to couldn't find pants that fit them properly (I have this problem with jeans because I have a small bone structure - jeans are either way too loose or way too tight, and either go up way above my waist or way too low and a belt can't fix that - but I think people on the opposite end of the spectrum probably have the same problem) and it got to the point where they don't care anymore that their butt is exposed? It seems too bewildering that someone would be so oblivious to not be able to notice at all that their butt's showing..
Your hind-quarters
Your backside
Your bottom
Your buttocks
Your rump
Your posterior
Your heiny
Your keister
Your tush
Your buns
Your bum cakes
Your junk-in-the-trunk
Your badonk-a-donk
Your squash tart
Your fanny
Your double-slug
Your wiggle bags
Your mud flaps
Your rump rockets
Your flesh pot
Your second face
Your bounce house
The jiggle twins
Jar Jar Binks
Your bubble pop
Your medicine ball
Your sonic boom 
I'm not kidding, this topic made me laugh so hard I never deleted it from my messages and don't pan on getting rid of it any sooner. Just reading the frikkin title makes me happy. I'll keep this forever. 
I once inserted a drinking straw into a guy's arsecrack because he was standing at the bar with his pants half-down.

It's probably some form of sexual assault, but he was assaulting my eyes.
I think I love you.
OMG I'M LITERALLY IN TEARS YOU JUST MADE MY DAY
Or maybe you could just have told him.
Why do that, when straw-placing was so much more entertaining?