Closed to new replies
February 25, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 80

People who paste generic comments under your deviations

:iconstolensock:
StolenSock Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Student Digital Artist
So I'm pretty sure everyone here has encountered the situation: somebody posts a comment under your deviation. It says nice and totally generic things about your illustration (nice job! congrats! lolz11)and the person doesn't forget to ask you to look at their work and to share it. Then you look at other images the person has commented on and BAM! Sure enough, they are pasting the exact same comment under everything in pursuit of shameless self-promotion.

Apart from this conduct being totally disrespectful to the artist, is it enough to report the user as a spammer? I can't even put it into words how furious this makes me, but I'd like to resolve the situation without being a total glasshole. Any suggestions and/or stories that happened to you?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconatel1er:
ATEL1ER Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student General Artist
:nod:
Generic comments like 'cute', 'cool' etc...not really good enough feedback for me :c
Then again, those are when people ACTUALLY comment...
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student Photographer
you cant expect all your watchers to write varied comments to each of your deviations
StolenSock Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Perhaps read the comment again. This is not a rant about generic comments. This is a rant about shameless self promotion posing as a comment and the nerve of people who do that.
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Student Photographer
Okay
:iconmadam-marla:
madam-marla Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013   Digital Artist
why get angry about it, relax. just don't comment back :)
StolenSock Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hah, I can be very relaxed about my anger, trust me :). And comments that are only self promotion disguised as praise are just rude and disrespectful. Kind of like people who don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom.
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Even if it's not a lot they still some time in to comment. I'm happy.
:iconkalmek182:
Kalmek182 Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm not good at critiquing so every one gets a "cool" "good work" kinda generic comment, but i certainly won't ask you to look at my gallery, that's silliness...
I just hate when I do FAV something, and that person asks me to also leave a comment or asks for a Llama...
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Never happened to me yet. :shrug:
:iconcheshirelies:
CheshireLies Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
On another website where I was posting rough drafts of my novel for critique, I had a strict 'don't ask for swaps' policy. Instead I asked people to please leave actual feedback on my story before asking for the same on their own - specifying I wasn't looking for generic 'wow this is horrible' comments but things to help me improve. Someone posted asking for a swap on my wall, and a few seconds later corrected themselves. They posted a generic comment on my story seconds after correcting themselves - the first chapter alone was almost 4000 words. And they apparently read it in seconds. When I made a comment on their own story about a flow problem, they got extremely butthurt and blocked me. 8)
Add a Comment: