Closed to new replies
February 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 161

Vaginismus

:iconhananoyosuke:
hananoyosuke Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
I just discovered that this is a thing. Also, that I probably have it. I just wish I had a vagina that could function normally. Vagina, things are supposed to be able to fit in you :noes: Jeez, do you know how much more convenient my life would be if I could use tampons? OR HAVE SEX?

...The funny thing is that apparently it is quite treatable with the help of a sex therapist. Which leaves me with two awkward thoughts:

1. How humiliating it would be to tell people "Oh yeah, I got an appointment with mah sex therapist tonight!!!!"

2. I have the sudden urge to go up to one of my guy friends, and be all: HEY DEVIN, WANT TO BE MY SEX THERAPIST? :iconleleleplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkronos-kirbi:
kronos-kirbi Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Jeez that sounds painful!
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Yep. It sucks.
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013   Traditional Artist
My sister-in-law has apparently not been doing too well in the bedroom. I wonder if this is it or if she's just thought sex was icky for too long in her life.
hananoyosuke Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Hmm...maybe. Apparently being sexually repressed is a contributing factor in some cases of vaginismus. I still really don't know much about it, though.
I didn't even think of it being both. I don't know what she's going through, either, other than she was wondering if her crappy insurance would cover a hymenectomy.
Has she been diagnosed with anything? Vaginismus is caused by the PC muscle being stupid, so I don't think having the hymen removed would be beneficial (I mean, yeah it might cause it to hurt less, but if the hymen isn't the issue then it will still hurt a lot).
I doubt it. I don't know what she's thinking. And if she were to talk to me about it, I'd bet she'd beat around the bush to make her point because she's uncomfortable being open about sex. Maybe she's gotten better since the last time I talked to her about it, but :shrug:.
Last I heard it was more like vaginismus, but it was pretty vague.
Hm. She should probably get diagnosed (although from the sounds of things, she wouldn't want to see a gyno). I broke my hymen a long time ago and it didn't solve anything. It would suck for her to spend a lot of money on a surgery that might not even help :/

I dunno how you and your SIL get along, but you should definitely mention it to her if you're comfortable doing so. I've been like this for years, and it's such a huge relief to actually find out what's wrong with me. I mean, it does make me feel kind of embarrassed and weird, but at least I know what options are out there for me.
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
hymens don't actually break. They stretch.
hananoyosuke Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013
Semantics :roll:

I find it funny because it's a colloquial term and everyone understands what it means. If someone told you they popped their cherry, would you say, "YOU IDIOT, CHERRIES AREN'T PART OF HUMAN ANATOMY!"
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: