Closed to new replies
February 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 161

Vaginismus

:iconhananoyosuke:
hananoyosuke Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
I just discovered that this is a thing. Also, that I probably have it. I just wish I had a vagina that could function normally. Vagina, things are supposed to be able to fit in you :noes: Jeez, do you know how much more convenient my life would be if I could use tampons? OR HAVE SEX?

...The funny thing is that apparently it is quite treatable with the help of a sex therapist. Which leaves me with two awkward thoughts:

1. How humiliating it would be to tell people "Oh yeah, I got an appointment with mah sex therapist tonight!!!!"

2. I have the sudden urge to go up to one of my guy friends, and be all: HEY DEVIN, WANT TO BE MY SEX THERAPIST? :iconleleleplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkronos-kirbi:
kronos-kirbi Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Jeez that sounds painful!
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Yep. It sucks.
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013   Traditional Artist
My sister-in-law has apparently not been doing too well in the bedroom. I wonder if this is it or if she's just thought sex was icky for too long in her life.
hananoyosuke Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Hmm...maybe. Apparently being sexually repressed is a contributing factor in some cases of vaginismus. I still really don't know much about it, though.
I didn't even think of it being both. I don't know what she's going through, either, other than she was wondering if her crappy insurance would cover a hymenectomy.
Has she been diagnosed with anything? Vaginismus is caused by the PC muscle being stupid, so I don't think having the hymen removed would be beneficial (I mean, yeah it might cause it to hurt less, but if the hymen isn't the issue then it will still hurt a lot).
I doubt it. I don't know what she's thinking. And if she were to talk to me about it, I'd bet she'd beat around the bush to make her point because she's uncomfortable being open about sex. Maybe she's gotten better since the last time I talked to her about it, but :shrug:.
Last I heard it was more like vaginismus, but it was pretty vague.
Hm. She should probably get diagnosed (although from the sounds of things, she wouldn't want to see a gyno). I broke my hymen a long time ago and it didn't solve anything. It would suck for her to spend a lot of money on a surgery that might not even help :/

I dunno how you and your SIL get along, but you should definitely mention it to her if you're comfortable doing so. I've been like this for years, and it's such a huge relief to actually find out what's wrong with me. I mean, it does make me feel kind of embarrassed and weird, but at least I know what options are out there for me.
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
hymens don't actually break. They stretch.
hananoyosuke Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013
Semantics :roll:

I find it funny because it's a colloquial term and everyone understands what it means. If someone told you they popped their cherry, would you say, "YOU IDIOT, CHERRIES AREN'T PART OF HUMAN ANATOMY!"
(1 Reply)
If she's thinking of getting a surgery, she might already know what's going on and I'm only getting drippings.
I really should talk to her about it.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
It would appear that your vagina is broken. I would suggest taking it back to the dealership to see if they'll repair it or trade it in for a new one.
Pfft, I'd rather just exchange it for a penis instead. So much less maintenance.
:iconcryophase:
Cryophase Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:lol:
:icontruelylars:
TruelyLars Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013
:iconlikebuttonplz:
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Professional General Artist
1. Why do you have to tell people? You don't have share every detail of your life

2. This seems like a very personal thing to blast online, especially a forum like complaints. Just sayin.....
1. People would probably find out sooner or later, especially the people I live with and the people I see regularly. I suck at keeping secrets.

2. Because Complaints is srs bsns.
:iconwedge-the-hedge:
Wedge-The-Hedge Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Don't men like it small?
Yeah, except for the difference between "tight" and "can't fit anything."
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Professional General Artist
With vaginismus, women clench so tightly that nothing can go in. Not even a tampon.
:iconwedge-the-hedge:
Wedge-The-Hedge Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Ouch.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Professional
... Whaaaat??
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Oh you have a small fairy hole? Thats unfortunate. Though I did read of someone who couldn't have sex because they were so small. That would suck.
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Its not about having a small hole, its about having uncontrollable muscle spasms that tighten and make penetration very painful.
hananoyosuke Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
Fairy hole? :giggle: It's probably normal-sized (for a virgin, anyways. So I guess relatively small), but it just doesn't seem to expand/relax properly.
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Virgin or non-virgin it doesn't matter, and I'm guessing you've explored masturbating? If not it maybe due to stress or just not getting wet enough, or well, thats what the sex therapist will help with I presume.

I wouldn't worry so hard though.
Oh, there's probably a psychological component to it. But I think there's a physical part, too. I can get wet but it still hurts a lot to put anything in.
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
It did for me, for quite a while I think, I dunno, I'm sure your doctor will help
:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist
That sounds super uncomfortable :stare:
Eh, only if you want to put something in your vagina. Otherwise it doesn't matter :la:
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional Photographer
I developed that issue in my third trimester of pregnancy. That damn thing is clamped shut. I tried to have sex last night, and it hurt like shit.
Oh god. How is the baby going to come out of there?
I could never, ever have children. I try to wrap my brain around a baby coming out of there, but I just can't. Thankfully, I think kids are horrible little bastards anyways :meow:
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Professional Photographer
I don't know! :ohnoes: Thankfully I'm getting an epidural so I won't feel it.
Ah. Good luck :noes:
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
:iconthemoreyouknowplz:
:iconsadistskunk:
SadistSkunk Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Ah.. Okay.. Get well soon?
:lol: I wish it were something that would just go away on its own. I'm not sure 'get well soon' is possible. But thanks.
Yeah, I realize that. I didn't know what else to respond to this. =P
But can't you just start small and slowly build it up?
Yeah, apparently you can get a "vaginal dilator set." It sounds like it could work. But there's no one I want to have sex with at the moment, so I dunno, probably won't order it any time soon :/
It's probably best to start as soon as possible. Stuff like that usualy takes time..
:iconcindertwig:
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
1. Just call it a therapist and when they ask why you go there just look away and say in a sad dark tone "I don't even know anymore".
2. Do it!
Ahaha. I actually looked into it, but apparently there are only 9 sex therapists in my province. And all of them are a 3 hour drive away.
:iconcindertwig:
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
So only go sometimes...
:iconneo-kaiser:
Neo-Kaiser Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
and how did you discover this?
Let's just say one of my friends was doing something to me, and a few seconds later, his exact words were, "Aw, you aren't wet anymore." :saddummy:
... Sooo, you ceased being turned on? That's hardly a medical condition.
Well, my mind was still turned on, but my body wasn't :saddummy: And yeah, that was when I started to think I had vaginismus...it's by no means the only reason.

So by that logic, do you think ED is a fake medical condition, too?
Point taken.

BANG MORE DUDES
I don't think I'm going to be banging any dudes in the foreseeable future. Too painful :saddummy:
Then you need a truly gentle lover!
Add a Comment: