stop talking to me about this shit

Hello, complaints. I used to come here under a different alias (and even this alias waaaay back when I think?) until I realized I took things far too seriously. I probably don't know half of you new people anyways because the populace is always changing but whatever.

I'm an introverted girl so I like listening to people more than talking. I do have a high tolerance for people who just go on and on. People can be interesting.

However when I've known you for-fucking-ever and we live completely different lives in different cities, I guess I would occasionally like to talk about myself and my life? But then it's like you don't give a shit. I say something about myself and you brush it off with a "Nice" or change the subject or even just ignore it, which actually what sparked this complaint.

Come. On. You've been talking to me about the same crap for days on end. I can't talk to you without you bringing up the same shit over and over again. I know your hobbies. I know you like this girl. I know you hate your classes because you "know too much" about them so they're boring. I know, I know.

And you can't even let me play? You expect me to listen to you and your life but you can't even pretend to care about mine?

I am so damned frustrated because I've told you this before and nothing has really changed. I'm this close to screaming this is EXACTLY why I broke up with you. It wasn't the long distance, it wasn't your appearance, it wasn't someone else, it was this.

On another note, how appropriate is it for your ex to ask you for dating advice and gush over girls to you? Because on the list of things he never shuts up about, this is one of them.

TL;DR: My ex likes to talk about himself while not giving a crap about what I have to say unless it's related to what he's talking about.
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My friend is exactly like that, AND he's a pathological liar with making up all these stories about girls he meets.
:stare: I got the same problem with a cousin. He won't shut up. I'm waiting for a good excuse to just bash his face in.
But on that other note, I'd assume it'd be fine, if yall are still friends? :o assuming he'd let you talk some too of course
Just let him go and move on. He obviously doesn't care for you, so your best bet is to just get him out of your life. :no:
That's annoying. If he's gonna whine to you he should listen to whatever you have to talk about as well.
I say stop talking to 'em altogether. :nod:
Don't talk to your ex anymore. Problem solved.
Don't be friends with your exes. You didn't break up for nothing. Just cut them out of your life.
I don't really surround myself with people that are self-absorbed like that. :hmm:

Having said that, I do like being listener. :nod:
Well are you or are you not platonic with your ex. Because unless you still have feelings there, it shouldn't bother you that he's talking about other girls or asking for advice.
An ex talking about girls he dates? That is a bit inappropriate, even if you remained friends. As far as complaints goes, it seems like everyone is laying in the weeds waiting for some poor bloke to post something that they can jump on. I make sure I don't post anything in complaints unless I want to see if they can troll the subject matter of my complaint.
Comment Flagged as Spam
See what I mean?
...Maybe you can stop being a needy little bitch and let go off his sorry ass? Clearly he doesn't give a shit about you so why in the world would you continue to talk to him? You say you were the one who broke up with him but you seem pretty hung over him still. Move on.
See why you don't ever post anything in complaints? The trolls are thicker than whale blubber.
Enshrine yourself in my meatflaps, ~orangekiss1.
Yet another account, Orange? :no:
You assume too much grasshopper.
I assume too many grasshoppers?
That's annoying. You should start a strike system, every time he refuses to listen give him a strike, three strikes and you hang up on him. If he asks you why say that he's obviously not interested in you so why does it matter? Maybe he'll get a hint, maybe he'll leave you alone. Win win?
This actually sounds like a legitimate thing I can do that may work. I'll give it a shot.
I hope it works.
I had a friend like that. I told her politely but firmly to stop acting that way and needlessly picking at my faults. She cried to her mum.

We aren't friends anymore.
Are you very stupid???
Complaints has not changed.