Closed to new replies
February 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 362

The Pussification of Slenderman

:iconkhomaa:
Khomaa Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
RIP Slenderman. He used to actually be scary. But now he's a chibi doing caramel dansen and having relationships like a normal human instead of stalking and kidnapping children in the woods or romping around Equestria or participating in memes.
He doesn't even belong on CreepyPasta sites anymore. HappyAppy is more scary than his shit. The Rake is more scary than his shit. Ted the Caver is scarier. Even Squidwards Suicide.

Go Home, Slenderman. You're lame.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwheezergirl:
wheezergirl Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013
He scared the everloving crap out of me when I was younger, but as always, overexposure always kills fear.
:icongrygon:
grygon Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It makes me angry.
:iconlankss:
Lankss Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconthisplz::iconsaluteplz:
:iconebonsong:
Ebonsong Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013
'Slenderman' is apparently now a copyrighted character. However, the real slendermen are still about in various forms, sometimes called by different things depending on myths and cultures (tall greys, shadowmen, etc).

The former was sold & marketed to make money which lost their scariness, the latter are still pretty much scary as heck imo.
:iconbinarystep:
binarystep Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Copyrighted? lolno

I did research. It's a prick named Victor-Surge who claims to have trademarked an urban legend. But I can't find any proof past his words.
Ebonsong Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013
I found one of the links! [link]
binarystep Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow. So Victor is a little prick who thinks he owns an urban legend.
Ebonsong Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013
And is somehow starting to get away with it. :shrug: That's why he's secretive about who he's given the rights to (management or sold, whatever). If people find out, he'll lose his hold...& probably be sued by those being barred from using SM imagery/mythologies.

I think he managed to get his personal creation story (the whatever style mythology) tied in with the Slenderman figure & its myths as to be indistinguishable from each other.

Right now there are companies out there who believe he owns the rights. We need more info on which parts he owns (as in, just a location, a certain story, etc), if any, and separate the two - one Public Domain (as it should be), the other Fan Art (his myth addition).
binarystep Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I want to have Slenderman as an enemy in a game I'm making, and Hell will freeze over the day I ask Victor for permission!
Ebonsong Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013
That isn't even his real name. There's no way anyone can claim copyright on a public domain, urban ledgend/myth creature. A certain storyline, or whatnot, sure.

It's like Disney making a movie w/ Chewbacca creatures in it (it will happen...), then suddenly claiming copyright on Bigfoot 'cause they think they own rights to tall fuzzy ape-men. :disbelief:
Add a Comment: