Closed to new replies
February 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 80

Keep your memes out of my TV!

:icondragriff:
dragriff Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
Good day fine gents and gentettes of the internet.

So today I was sitting at my laptop, having a grand ol' productive* time and just generally doing bugger all.
Until I heard something... Something I have heard before... And it came from the TV. Now, I practically never turn that devil box on anymore, due to the lack of anything worthwhile ever appearing on its screen. However my mother loves to indulge herself into the recent happenings of the world or to simply enjoy one of her favorite shows of people whose lives are just an emotional mess.
Anymoo... It was the time of our local news show to be aired, and everything was fine and dandy. They discussed various happenings which occured in the world or in our own, little land, all that usual nonsense. And this is where it began... I heard a horrible soundtrack, which I have heard too many times already from various sources on the internet itself, already a bunch of days ago. The dreaded thing called "Harlem Shake".
Now, I know I am not doing anything good by mentioning this thing, instead of ignoring it and letting it die off, however I just could not believe the... The NERVE of this news show to actually air it on TV.

Everything in moderation, lads, everything in moderation. It would have been fine if I wouldn't know what it was, it would have been fine if I didn't hear about it a thousand times on the internet! Including some of the people I hang out with on a certain video game server!
It was the first time I heard this particular.. Or ANY news show, talk about any kind of memes.
Memes in general tend to be punched in the face, knocked on the ground, and kicked to death with boots filled with bricks, until there's nothing else left, but a mush of stinky, disgusting stuff that no one wants to touch anymore, by the people of the internet themselves.

Not to mention they mentioned other memes as well! And to make things worse, the meme names translated into our silly language, so they sounded even more awkward and weird than ever. Why would you do that!?
Talk about that cat being stuck in the tree! Talk about how cold it is outside! Anything but memes!

I swear, once I find my own, little place of residence, I am never using the TV, other than to play various video games on it. :stare:

P.S. The news show had a person wearing a bike (or whatever) helmet on his head, and doing an awfully awkward dance behind their backs, while they were talking about it.

Christ almighty, I feel like an old grandpa who loathes anything new which everyone else loves. Even if I am decades away from actually even starting to obtain white... Or... whiter hair...

*But not really

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
Didn't read either but I feel like it should be spammed with meme thumbnails.
:iconthearta:
TheArta Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Just go with the flow, darlin. :) :heart: Life's gonna be much more easier and less stressful that way~
But of course, going against the system is a thing, so why not.
:iconzombie-goldfish:
zombie-goldfish Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I was watching my local news today and they also did a little report about it, ending it with their own version of the harlem shake.
I find it sad that this is what makes news.
dragriff Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
Exactly. News shows are for news, not silly memes. I mean, okay, it might be "news" for a lot of people that such a thing exists, but it should not be important enough to do a coverage of it on a news show. Also doing it themselves... Who thought it'd be a great idea? :|
:iconludwigvankickass2:
LudwigvanKickass2 Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Didn't read.
Didn't miss much.
LudwigvanKickass2 Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I missed a lot of stuff... Like the Fall of The Ottoman Empire, The Sack of Rome, The creation of non-objective painting...
And none of that was included in my original post, so don't blame me. :bucktooth:
I do blame you!
But I'm innocent!
Add a Comment: