Link

Statistics

Replies: 300

Weeaboos?

:iconmmdandsims3:
MMDandSims3 Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Student General Artist
Does anybody know any?
I know Ruaridol...that's about it
Seems weird for me to ask, but I find it fascinating a ridiculously funny how people are so obsessed with Japan, and try their best to become a different race...So please put in the comments somebody on the internet who you think is a weeaboo...XD

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjezzy-fezzy:
Jezzy-Fezzy Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Professional General Artist
You're slow?
:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
I enjoy anime and Japanese videogames myself, but I also like Western stuff. (Plus, I never had much money and there's lots of JRPGs available on handheld emulators.) I'm a pretty big Touhou fan, although I never got into the whole Vocaloid craze.

I had a couple of mildly weeaboo friends in junior high and high school, although they weren't those monstrosities you see on Weeaboo Stories. There was this one kid who was obsessed with Bleach and FLCL, but he was generally kinda weird anyway. I kinda empathize with weeaboos though, because I'm pretty sure that I was on my way to being one back when I was 11 or 12. Since I have Asperger's, I think I'm a bit more susceptible to becoming that kind of person and so I can sympathize to some degree. I've thought about checking out my university's anime club, but I'm a bit concerned about the type of people I'd meet there (Plus, I don't really like the idea of a maid cafe). Nonetheless, for some reason I've always wanted to meet a true weeaboo. Maybe it's a bile fascination.

Some aspects of the anime fandom are kinda starting to weird me out, though. This whole moe craze is killing creativity and has honestly started to become creepy. Plus, once you've seen a kigurumi it's hard to look at anime girls the same way.
MMDandSims3 Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconthatsnastyplz:
:icongreeneyedyoshika:
GreenEyedYoshika Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
With me, I'm more of a Touhou fan than anime fan now-a-days. Although I do have a list of anime I need to watch. It's rather small at the moment. I don't know, it's like I met my best friends through anime and Touhou.
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There's one here I know of but I don't feel cruel enough to name it. It thinks it lives in Japan, can speak Japanese and has a fan fic about a cat demon/goddess/cyborg mary sue that cheated on a hetalia character, had a kid with Inu Yasha, got punished for it by a council of heaven and is now the crush of or center of the world for just about every anime character ever, even if they don't know her. It also shittly traces over and recolours official/ other artworks to look like it's mary sue.

"And her hair shone like diamonds that would be worth millions but worth nothing in the hands of evil."
:iconcustardandpie:
CustardAndPie Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Weeaboos seriously scare me. Especially how far they can go by completely dissing their own culture and/or race JUST TO BE JAPANESE and eventually stalk Asian people, thinking that all Asians are Japanese. I've seen plenty on the internet, but I'm glad I haven't met any weeaboos in real life. . . so far :fear:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
One thought I was Asian because I told them I lived in Australia. :B
CustardAndPie Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
. . .Okay, what?! Australia is NOT in Asia!!!! XDDDD
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"Konichi'day CustardAndPie-Matesan!" :iconkawaiidesuplz:

Yeah I don't think that works. :iconwatplx:
CustardAndPie Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
All I can say is that whoever thought you were Japanese because you live in Australia 9Which again, isn't even IN Asia) has failed geography forever.
MMDandSims3 Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student General Artist
ikr!!
:icondianoka:
Dianoka Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
*awkwardly raises hand* Someone called me one, but I don't know what it means.... more than once....
It means that you're obsessed with Japan and you want to be asian and everything you do and own is asian...I got called a weeaboo ONCE, but that does not describe me at all, I like Japan...but not freakishly obsessed with it.
:iconji-shu-hui:
Ji-Shu-Hui Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Basically someone who loves Japan to the point of worshipping it to say the least.

Another major thing is that they see Japan as this metropolis/heaven and while they try and learn Japanese its mostly anime so as a result its usually very butchered.

They lack any kind of real knowledge of Japan and this is where its get annoying. They claim it to be this anime / videogame heaven and dream of going there expecting it to be like their animes. It isn't, and its rather insulting to the country and the whole anime fanbase when one of these people get a lot of attention because it makes everyone look bad.
:iconjynxeddraca:
JynxedDraca Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
There was this girl my freshman year of college who I found out was totally a weeaboo. She was always drawing anime (actually traced some things and put them up here before it was taken down) and wound up taking Japanese. So she would randomly burst out in Japanese with the fakest, highest pitched Japanese accent I had ever heard, knowing that none of us understood Japanese, and the one Japanese girl we did know honestly couldn't understand what she was saying. It was really funny because she bumped into some Asian students one day and immediately in that fake, annoying ass way said "Gomenasai something something" while bowing. Me and my roommate at the time looked at the Asian guys (who looked so uncomfortable) and then at each other because we knew they were Chinese students.

It was really uncomfortable how she would try to get the Japanese students' attention and affection, then she wound up telling our table one day at lunch how we were all going to hell and the Japanese girl mentioned earlier was sitting with us.
Oh my god....LMAO!!!
:iconjynxeddraca:
JynxedDraca Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Yeah, she was an odd one.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
This is more of a question..
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
Why shouldn't we be worshiping Japan? They brought us RoboGeisha, for God's sake. Surely that's enough of a reason.
MMDandSims3 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm not saying we can't like Japan, but worship? That's kinda...overboard...o.o
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
I take it you don't know what RoboGeisha is.
No..not really?
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
If you did you'd understand the joke.
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
KAWAI DESUUUU
:iconfacepalmplz:
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconmegustabishieplz:
:icongoombablood:
goombablood Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
I have a somewhat weeaboo friend.

She asked me to call her Miku from now on, has attempted to make her own manga (which is very cliche romance crap), and has used Japanese words such as Baka and Konichiwa.
...I feel sorry for you...
goombablood Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
I forgot to mention that she also tried to nickname me Kaiko, after the female version of Kaito from Vocaloid.
So basically she's trying to say that you're a transsexual...or there's a male (or female version if you're a guy..but I'm guessing you're a girl) version of you somewhere in the world O.o
goombablood Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
It's not that complicated of a reason. She decided to give us all names after the vocaloid that was most like us. I was named Kaiko because I was most like Kaito, but since he was a boy, she went with his female version.
Oh..I see...
:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist
Destroy her.
:iconpiratesadventure:
PiratesAdventure Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
I must be the envy of all the weeaboos at the moment. Not only do I study in Japan completely on the wallet of the Japanese government, with a chance of a job here afterwards, but I also have a Japanese girlfriend who is quite the looker. AND I AM NOT EVEN THAT INTERESTED IN THE WHOLE POPULAR CULTURE APART FROM GAMES! :la:
well...you're not really a weeaboo then...kind of
:iconsmoppet:
Smoppet Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
I was a weeaboo up until halfway through my 10th grade year.
I feel sorry for people who knew me up to that point. :lol:
...well, I'm glad you realized that your nationality is not Japan
:iconcheshirelies:
CheshireLies Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
There's a girl at my college who used to wear her Naruto headband to class, which was fine I guess. And then it progressed to elf ears and vampire teeth. She has a dA where she posts recolors of wolf's rain and makes journals about her original character being raped. 8I
:iconsauti-alamisi:
Sauti-Alamisi Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Do you know her account? If so, GIMMIE IT! :iconmadnoesplz:
:iconcheshirelies:
CheshireLies Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
I doooo you might be able to find it looking at my watchers :C
Sauti-Alamisi Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Too much watchers. :iconcryingplz:
:iconputinade:
Putinade Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013   Digital Artist
[link] there you go. CTRL+F and Wolf kind of helped narrow it down.
Sauti-Alamisi Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thanks. :meow:
:iconmelodymoose:
MelodyMoose Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There was a girl at my old high school that wore a Naruto headband to class. O.o
MMDandSims3 Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Student General Artist
That's pretty...weird O__o
:iconpushyreeder:
pushyreeder Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Professional General Artist
huh?
huh?
:iconsronivera:
SROnivera Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I find them all the time at college. I hate most of them and at times I would tell it straight to their face so whenever I find some weeaboo girl wearing a red, cheap sailor fuku (THIS I'VE FUCKING SEEN!) or a fat tower of puss wearing an animu t-shirt with a trench coat straight out of Columbine. They would bask in pride with it, and I would end up either walking away from them or just having a conversation with said weird fucks.
That's pretty weird...if they wear it for casual and not cosplay....I would never cosplay in school/collage...just weird maaahn
Add a Comment: