Blocking Spree!!

Okay, I don't know if my thread title is clear enough, but I just wanna make a little complaint about people who block others on dA easily. Like really, what is the matter with them? :lol:

I have my fair share of creeps and nasty people who leave undesirable comments here and there on my works/profile. Would I block them? No! I want them to defend themselves and see what they wanna say. I am proud to say that I haven't blocked anyone ever on dA. But I know of a few people in my experience here who block anyone just about anything. 

I know that everyone can do whatever you want, but when you block others over little issues, it just reflects on yourself more than the people you block.

TL;DR: Grow a backbone - it's okay to take hits once in a while without blocking people. :ohnoes:
Comments487
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Speeking of "blocking" I just got blocked by :iconsergle: because she thought that I was going to rip off one of her friends new adoptables for auctioning.
I hope she knows I don't rip people off when I come down with decent point pricing...She m
Needs to lighten up a bit and I just told the seller that too.
I dislike people who automatically call you a troll for saying negative things about them. "I have flaws? It cannot possibly be so! YOU must be a TROLL! I shall now block you, because I, the amazing me, dislike trolls!"
I can't believe i got blocked for praising an artist's work! it was some homestuck fan.
it sure is.. didn't even say a word to me,just pre-blocked after i complimented their work.
It happened to me once too. :o
I think blocking is permissible as long as you clearly need to get someone off your case who is being more than a handful, but pre-emptive blocking is extreme and kind of makes you look like a douche :XD: apparently there's a guy going around blocking everyone who comments on his thread then he states that they were the one's who blocked him...a very childish game :no:
Sbkmulletman bawwlocked me for some stupid reason,but i don't care.

I usually only block failtrolls,but remove them after a while.
I've never blocked anyone myself. Never had a reason to. If they're spammers I just report them and they are eventually banned so no biggie there. I was however blocked once before a while back on my old account. I don't remember the story exactly but it was during the whole SOPA thing and I made a joke about it. They told me off telling me how important it was to stop and it and yadda yadda. I told her to calm her tits it was only a joke. That must have made it worse because before I knew it I was blocked. :shrug: Silly billy.
Hahaha, that's just hilarious. People can't take a joke. :D
Art thieves, attention whores and white knights tend to block me. :shrug: Don't really care about them.
However, I do feel slightly annoyed when people block me, even if I have never even spoken to them. :ohmygod: I'm like, what the fuck?
I've only blocked about ten people, and I had good reason to do so. It wasn't over something trivial, that's for sure. :)
Pre-emptive blocking is soooo childish.
I got BAWWWWWlocked by a ton of people. Mainly white knights and art thieves. :lol:
I hate those white knights! Urgh
what is a white night!?
Basically, a white knight is someone who stands up for trolls.
Imagine this:

Artist: Look at my art! ^^

Troll: ur art sux

Artist: Go away, troll.

White knight: HES NOT A TROLL HES a GOOD ARTIST U SUCK HE ROCKS *blocks Artist*
that is so stupid!
White Knight. Look at my last comment.

Are you an idiot?
White knight, not night. :slow: