Details

Closed to new replies
February 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 209

Sexism and Double Standards

:iconmossking:
Why do women have the choice weather to wear makeup or not but not men? In most cases, except for the rare occurrences of guy-liners, it seems socially unacceptable for men to wear makeup in any form. Why is this? Are people so sexist as to deny men the right to cover a pimple when women have full access to any makeup they wish? Seems so.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcaettyri:
Caettyri Feb 22, 2013  Student General Artist
I bet nobody knew that KISS wore mascara and eyeliner with their face paint. Yet, it was acceptable.
:iconcaettyri:
Caettyri Feb 22, 2013  Student General Artist
And truthfully, anyone should be entitled to wear what they want. If they want to feel good by looking good, or cake themselves in 10 pounds of foundation, let them have at it. It's their body.
:iconwedge-the-hedge:
men look retarded with makeup. you should be thankful
:icongreeneyedyoshika:
GreenEyedYoshika Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm allergic to make up.
:iconaxl--rose:
I am opposed to men wearing make-up because it inevitably leads to musical crapfests like this: [link]
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Feb 18, 2013  Professional General Artist
I swear DA is like a bloody Hive mind at times.
Yeah it's a damn shame.
We should drop this oppression and all wear the same shit, drink the same, work at the same jobs, play with the same things and act the same. /sarcasm
I could call this politically correct bullshit that reigns over us men (and women for sure) to be a pretty good form of oppression.
The world doesn't need anymore effeminate beta males. Same reason why I'm opposed to everything being super masculated for absolutely no apparent reason (Spike TV/MANswers, that type of neanderthal bullshit), I'm opposed to this ridiculous counter-movement that it's cool/acceptable for men to do things women "previously" had exclusivity on.
I swear if someone brings up the Kids Toy isle as an example of the big bad sexism, I'm going to flip my fucking lid.
Oh look. They already did.
Colour me surprised.
:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist
face-paint lol
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Some guys look hot in makeup :3. Some..........don't. Most don't know how to do it right. And... Most gay guys put way too much on... Oh wait this is starting to sound like girls XD
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Blame misogyny for that one. Males are forced to adhere to certain standards because when something is deemed feminine its deem "below" male standards. Men that engage in it are deemed weak and therefore deserve the hatred and disgust they will receive.

So basically the way to destroy that is to destroy sexism towards women by showing you think "feminine" things are equal to "masculine" things and therefore its not deplorable for men to enjoy them.

And yes it is feminine things being seen as weak rather then just gender binary shit, women that enjoy masculine things are seen as strong willed and are given positive traits. Only the most conservative of conservative people see something inherently wrong with women enjoying male associated things but yet very liberal hippy like people still will hate men for enjoying female associated things. Its pretty evident sexism is still leaned way more against women then men. People that deny that are just deluding themselves because they rather believe female oppression is over because it hurts to admit despite all the efforts as a society we have put to move forward were still not fucking there.
:iconthetaoofchaos:
thetaoofchaos Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Wear what you want.  You're a part of "people".
Add a Comment: