I want to kill a perfectly healthy cat because it could possibly maybe get sad.

I just... I just... Some bitch can't take care of her cats' veterinary needs, so she'll put them down (they're 3). But apparently, one of them is perfectly healthy, they'll put him down because " The third cat is going to be put down together with the other two as it will brobably die soon after from depression." asshole - [link] .

:iconwatplx:
Oh okay.
Okay.

I didn't know it was socially acceptable to murder an animal just because you're guessing they might die in the future from depression.

I mean.
I have no words.

This is just cruelty.
If the cat loses his or her friends/family, BE THERE FOR IT.
Try to give it new buddies. Don't just toss it away you heartless bitches.
Even if the cat DOES choose to stop eating (which you should, you know, try to prevent) then let it be their fucking choice when they want it to.

My God.
Comments249
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
*secretly founds terror organisation against animal cruelty*
Just join ALF. We don't need more of these kind of crazy organizations.. It's easier if you all just stay in ONE big group. -> [link]
what the actual fuck.
............What the......fuck..
...I shall sit here consumed with rage.
hey cat depression is a serious issue D:

RIP Manny...
My brother has two cats, twins, as his house. One has cancer and who knows, maybe the vets can prolong his life without just prolonging suffering, maybe it'll be put down soon because it wouldn't be a life worth living anymore (right now, the cat is not in obvious pain).

Of course he and his girl worry how it'll be like for the twin who stays behind, yet still... what the fuck? That's all I can say.
I also have to state that when my first cat died, my brother's cat was fine. He was a little sad and confused but he got over it, and those cats lived together for 16 years.
...what the hell? We got 2 cats who were brothers about 6ish years ago, and had to put one of them down last summer when he was still quite young (NOT because we weren't prepared to pay bills, he had a type of tumour they couldn't treat and we didn't want him to suffer). Yes, it upset our other cat, but we never would have dreamed of getting rid of him, he's perfectly healthy and our spoilt baby.

So we got 2 more cats, sisters this time, a few months later and he seems a lot happier with them. Means he has someone to fight over food with, cats like stolen food so much better than food you give them. And now we have 3 happy cats, although I miss my other baby <3
This surprises me. You seemed more like the kind of person who'd eat kittens alive for breakfast than to care passionately about them. :noes:
No, you're confusing kittens with human babies.
Ah, of course! :slow:
Some people should never have pets to begin with. :stare:
Too bad the shitballs don't live nearby me, I fucking kidnap or I guess catnap the feline and care for it. As paranoid as I am about more then one vet bill I rather take my chances then see a healthy friendly feline put down for stupid ass reasons like it may get depressed. I know cats can become that but just find it a new home with another cat. Cats might be a bit different then people but as far as I know like humans they can get over loss. Chances are good the cat won't even be aware those other cats died, I'm not even sure cats understand the concept of death.
Oh, wow. I don't even have the words.. :/
What's the bet that she'll just buy a bunch of cute fluffy 'replacement' kittens few weeks after? Urg. People like this shouldn't own pets.
further proof some people shouldn't be allowed to have any animals at all.
Years ago, we had only two cats. One of them had feline leukemia, which started to affect her when she was two, so she had to be put down. The surviving cat noticed that she was missing and wandered around the house, probably looking for her. Said cat is still alive and well.

If people can carry on after someone else dies, then cats can do the same, but in their own way.
Sometimes people can be real idiots about how they treat their animals. Believe me, I get so mad when people do abusive things to animals for no good F***ing reason what so ever. I just hope that someday things would be better for all those poor abused animals currently suffering in the wrong hands of animals abusers. Forgive me if this is not true, I am just expressing my views of animal cruelty. :iconsadplz:
Fucking really?! They shouldn't even fucking OWN any animals if they're going to just kill them as soon as they get sick, or just because one MAY become depressed!
My mother spent over 1200 dollars on a surgery for our dog because of a nasty infected bite on her face, money we really didn't even have, and now she's healthy and happy as ever.
Moral of story: If you're going to be a fucking pet owner, take the responsibility and have the heart of someone who gives a damn about animals.
I hope those cats get a new home, because those people sicken me. -_-
I posted about this on Reddit in the /r/pets subreddit. Hoping someone in Sweden will see and approach them to take the cat.
Such a sad story :(
Hmm, we live in a world were there lives people who think their animal being "gay" is grounds for it's killing (Referring to the gay dog incident, that shit was silly). Your story does not surprise me while it does still annoy me.
Update

CA-WOLF: If you read through the WHOLE thread you'll see that it's not only based on that the cat probably will get highly depressed.
My mate can't afford to have any cats, there is no1 out there that wants to take care of her thrird cat, there is no shelter for many miles, don't have a car.
My mate is crying all days long because she has to kill 3 of her best friends.

Me: People have pointed out before that instead of using the money to kill it, it could be fed using even less the sum.

CA-WOLF: Not here in Sweden. Each month you'll have to pay around 100$ for one cat, that is for food, cat litter, candy and toys. Going to the vet for a normal check up costs around 350$.
I don't make up the rules and sadly it is the pets here in Sweden that has to suffer for it.

Me: I see. I'd sooner feed the cat little portions of human food (diff types of meat/fish/yoghurt) if that can be cheaper, or even leave her in a neighborhood I know to have stray cats, as that usually means someone feeds or they find food there.

And that seems more like an amount you'd pay if you wanted to go all the way, a shoe string is about as stimulating for a cat as any toy, and a cat doesn't need the best food, or everything it can eat to get by. Cats shouldn't even be eating candy.
I'm not sure why you're looking at the maximum rather than min necessary when it comes to keeping it alive/well even if thin and without extras. (toys, special treats)

Reply: My mate is living on scraps right now, everything goes to her cats. She isn't healthy. And the thruth is that I worry more about her health than the cats health.

Me: I understand, she might want to consider leaving the cat alive somewhere regardless, but I suppose it's up for interpretation whether the cat is better off trying it's luck or not.

Reply: Minus 20 degrees celcius almost every week here. Almost every small animal are asleep under winter time.