Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 253

I want to kill a perfectly healthy cat because it could possibly maybe get sad.

:iconangelishi:
angelishi Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I just... I just... Some bitch can't take care of her cats' veterinary needs, so she'll put them down (they're 3). But apparently, one of them is perfectly healthy, they'll put him down because " The third cat is going to be put down together with the other two as it will brobably die soon after from depression." asshole - [link] .

:iconwatplx:
Oh okay.
Okay.

I didn't know it was socially acceptable to murder an animal just because you're guessing they might die in the future from depression.

I mean.
I have no words.

This is just cruelty.
If the cat loses his or her friends/family, BE THERE FOR IT.
Try to give it new buddies. Don't just toss it away you heartless bitches.
Even if the cat DOES choose to stop eating (which you should, you know, try to prevent) then let it be their fucking choice when they want it to.

My God.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconminze78:
minze78 Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013
*secretly founds terror organisation against animal cruelty*
:iconsadistskunk:
SadistSkunk Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Just join ALF. We don't need more of these kind of crazy organizations.. It's easier if you all just stay in ONE big group. -> [link]
:iconnakuraxchann:
NakuraXchann Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
what the actual fuck.
:icondevonaura:
DevonAura Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
............What the......fuck..
:iconcrazylittleloon:
Crazylittleloon Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Student Writer
...I shall sit here consumed with rage.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hey cat depression is a serious issue D:

RIP Manny...
:iconblack-angel-dan:
Black-Angel-Dan Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Student Writer
My brother has two cats, twins, as his house. One has cancer and who knows, maybe the vets can prolong his life without just prolonging suffering, maybe it'll be put down soon because it wouldn't be a life worth living anymore (right now, the cat is not in obvious pain).

Of course he and his girl worry how it'll be like for the twin who stays behind, yet still... what the fuck? That's all I can say.
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Professional Photographer
I also have to state that when my first cat died, my brother's cat was fine. He was a little sad and confused but he got over it, and those cats lived together for 16 years.
:iconilovebigcats:
ILoveBigCats Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
...what the hell? We got 2 cats who were brothers about 6ish years ago, and had to put one of them down last summer when he was still quite young (NOT because we weren't prepared to pay bills, he had a type of tumour they couldn't treat and we didn't want him to suffer). Yes, it upset our other cat, but we never would have dreamed of getting rid of him, he's perfectly healthy and our spoilt baby.

So we got 2 more cats, sisters this time, a few months later and he seems a lot happier with them. Means he has someone to fight over food with, cats like stolen food so much better than food you give them. And now we have 3 happy cats, although I miss my other baby <3
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
This surprises me. You seemed more like the kind of person who'd eat kittens alive for breakfast than to care passionately about them. :noes:
:iconmurphysdinnerparty:
MurphysDinnerParty Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No, you're confusing kittens with human babies.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Ah, of course! :slow:
:iconhtblack:
HtBlack Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
Some people should never have pets to begin with. :stare:
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Too bad the shitballs don't live nearby me, I fucking kidnap or I guess catnap the feline and care for it. As paranoid as I am about more then one vet bill I rather take my chances then see a healthy friendly feline put down for stupid ass reasons like it may get depressed. I know cats can become that but just find it a new home with another cat. Cats might be a bit different then people but as far as I know like humans they can get over loss. Chances are good the cat won't even be aware those other cats died, I'm not even sure cats understand the concept of death.
:iconninykinin:
ninykinin Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013   General Artist
Oh, wow. I don't even have the words.. :/
What's the bet that she'll just buy a bunch of cute fluffy 'replacement' kittens few weeks after? Urg. People like this shouldn't own pets.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
further proof some people shouldn't be allowed to have any animals at all.
:iconlaika-chan:
Laika-chan Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Years ago, we had only two cats. One of them had feline leukemia, which started to affect her when she was two, so she had to be put down. The surviving cat noticed that she was missing and wandered around the house, probably looking for her. Said cat is still alive and well.

If people can carry on after someone else dies, then cats can do the same, but in their own way.
:icondragonriderfan877:
DragonRiderFan877 Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Sometimes people can be real idiots about how they treat their animals. Believe me, I get so mad when people do abusive things to animals for no good F***ing reason what so ever. I just hope that someday things would be better for all those poor abused animals currently suffering in the wrong hands of animals abusers. Forgive me if this is not true, I am just expressing my views of animal cruelty. :iconsadplz:
:iconellipticalpuppy:
EllipticalPuppy Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Fucking really?! They shouldn't even fucking OWN any animals if they're going to just kill them as soon as they get sick, or just because one MAY become depressed!
My mother spent over 1200 dollars on a surgery for our dog because of a nasty infected bite on her face, money we really didn't even have, and now she's healthy and happy as ever.
Moral of story: If you're going to be a fucking pet owner, take the responsibility and have the heart of someone who gives a damn about animals.
I hope those cats get a new home, because those people sicken me. -_-
:iconsakenichi:
Sakenichi Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I posted about this on Reddit in the /r/pets subreddit. Hoping someone in Sweden will see and approach them to take the cat.
:iconxmissa7xx:
xmissa7xx Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013
Such a sad story :(
:iconazza9:
Azza9 Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013
Hmm, we live in a world were there lives people who think their animal being "gay" is grounds for it's killing (Referring to the gay dog incident, that shit was silly). Your story does not surprise me while it does still annoy me.
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013
Update

CA-WOLF: If you read through the WHOLE thread you'll see that it's not only based on that the cat probably will get highly depressed.
My mate can't afford to have any cats, there is no1 out there that wants to take care of her thrird cat, there is no shelter for many miles, don't have a car.
My mate is crying all days long because she has to kill 3 of her best friends.

Me: People have pointed out before that instead of using the money to kill it, it could be fed using even less the sum.

CA-WOLF: Not here in Sweden. Each month you'll have to pay around 100$ for one cat, that is for food, cat litter, candy and toys. Going to the vet for a normal check up costs around 350$.
I don't make up the rules and sadly it is the pets here in Sweden that has to suffer for it.

Me: I see. I'd sooner feed the cat little portions of human food (diff types of meat/fish/yoghurt) if that can be cheaper, or even leave her in a neighborhood I know to have stray cats, as that usually means someone feeds or they find food there.

And that seems more like an amount you'd pay if you wanted to go all the way, a shoe string is about as stimulating for a cat as any toy, and a cat doesn't need the best food, or everything it can eat to get by. Cats shouldn't even be eating candy.
I'm not sure why you're looking at the maximum rather than min necessary when it comes to keeping it alive/well even if thin and without extras. (toys, special treats)

Reply: My mate is living on scraps right now, everything goes to her cats. She isn't healthy. And the thruth is that I worry more about her health than the cats health.

Me: I understand, she might want to consider leaving the cat alive somewhere regardless, but I suppose it's up for interpretation whether the cat is better off trying it's luck or not.

Reply: Minus 20 degrees celcius almost every week here. Almost every small animal are asleep under winter time.
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Point to this?
That it's not done on a wild guess.
The reason initially presented is a dumb one, but it's probably what her friend convinced her of because he's worried of her putting the cats health above her own when she's having problems herself, and doesn't want her to split her meals with the remaining cat.
Ok.
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013
Fuck. When I was ten, my mother dropped off a litter of nine perfectly healthy puppies at an animal shelter. Two days later, this hits the papers:

Animal Outrage: Nine Healthy Puppies Put to Sleep in Local Clinic!
Do they run a kebab restaurant? Because that COULD be your explanation.
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013
Can veterinarians refuse to do put down a perfectly healthy animal? I sure as hell would if I were a vet!!
:iconangelishi:
angelishi Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
They can, however, as it was explained to my boyfriend by a vet, if an owner wants to put down their healthy animal, they will no matter what. It's better for the animal for you - a trained, humane vet - to put it down painlessly than saying no and having the person take them to a shithole who'll just stab it with a needle everywhere and has it dying of seizures for 20 minutes.
:iconcindarellapop:
CindarellaPop Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Many veterinarians refuse to do certain things for moral reasons, but there are 'old fashioned' vets who aren't as touchy feely about it who are willing to put an animal down quickly without asking questions.
Glad I won't be working with living things then. :( I couldn't handle that.
Yeah. Large animal vets especially have it hard because not only are their patients dangerous... they also have a tendency to have poisonous medication and need to be shot rather than injected. Not fun.
Woah. o.o Do you mean large animals like horses?
Yep. My grandfather is a large animal vet (horses, cows and pigs mostly) and whenever a horse gets sick and needs to be put down, the general best way to do it is to shoot it in the head. This is because the sodium solution used to put down animals stays in the body and is extremely toxic, and when it's in a body that BIG it can poison the earth; as well as be a gigantic sack of toxic meat that scavengers like eagles and coyotes will get into and it will kill them too.
They can... but there is question of keeping their jobs, or business alive afterwards.
Then if this vet agrees, then I think he's just as hateful as the owner of the cat. :/
Or does not think losing their job is worth the continued life of a cat. Personally, I would not face losing a good job for a fucking cat. I may feel guilty, but no moral rule of that little gravity takes precedence over my livelihood.

In fact, I am semi-pissed we cannot use cats and similar for certain immunological/microbiological experiments we need to do. Now we have to stick with far more refutable methods, because of people with rather too much moral preference for fucking animals.
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Proooobably because most people don't see how them being "fucking animals" makes them any less sentient or capable of feeling horrible pain.
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The fact that the vast majority of the time, the state which they are in means they cannot feel pain at all.

But they are most certainly less sentient than we are(directly related to cognitive ability), but not less capable of pain(apart from certain forms of chronic pain, the lucky bastards).

But mostly it is because no matter what the majority of you say, the applications of the research we are currently helping with is rather more important on a human scale. If this research is successful then the applications may save more human lives than all the animal lives destroyed to bring it to humanly appliable fruit. As is usually the case in medical research, the ends largely justify the means, and they are not human or even close to human sentience. They are just cuter. Funnily, when people used to do this sort of research on monkeys(nowadays we only test non-lethal or dangerous elements on them, or use them for cognitive psychology research.), people complained less than they did for hamsters.
:iconssensory:
ssensory Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013   Writer
Seriously, putting down a perfectly healthy cat? :facepalm: What's wrong with just giving the cat up for adoption if she can't take care of her healthy cat. Ugh, people like this... :stare:
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It's official, this generation has gone went to hell. :facepalm:
That sort of stupidity/insanity will prove very dangerous to anyone or anything that has to depend on those people...
They seem unfit for society in general.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Student Filmographer
If it means anything, my oldest Chihuahua got knee surgery and we're on a budget til it gets paid off. :shifty:

And our other two are well cared for, as is our bird and our fishies.
... 3 chihuahuas that have flown under my radar huh? :iconevilgrin2plz:
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Student Filmographer
We already have been over this. :grump:

Now shoo, no raping my Chis.
I could be a painkiller for his leg!
:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013
;_; nooo.... this makes me sad :[. Stupid humans >_<
:iconjunete:
junete Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013
Some people should be euthanized with a crowbar - right up the ass, turned sideways and with gusto.
:iconviokcha:
Viokcha Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Amen to that :)
Add a Comment: