Dead animals and dA rules

dA removed one of my photos, of a beheaded pigeon, for being "inappropriate".
I don't get it.. I read the rules but it said dead animals were allowed..
It's not abuse if you get a dead animal and dismember it afterwards, is it?
Photos of HUMAN cadavers weren't allowed to be unnecessarily gruesome,
but the rules don't say anything about the state animal cadavers have to be in..

I made a ticket about it, but I haven't gotten a reply. So I put the rest in storage for now..
It's taking quite a while and I kinda just want to put the other photos back in my gallery..
But I'm afraid I might get banned if I do.. =(

Slightly related bonus complaint: I ordered a bunch of dead rodents, but the company is super slow and hasn't told me when they'll deliver them yet.
:stare: I ordered the damn things two weeks ago and they said they'd let me know soon!

Bonus complaint: Ludwig and Puzzledheartbox are bullying me. =(
Comments897
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
*Shrugs*
Maybe dA is like me and really feel uneasy seeing dead animals.
Then again, I would allow dead, decapitated, dismembered, disemboweled humans so... there's that.
:shrug: Humans are animals.. I don't mind one more than the other.
Well yeah. Humans are the "smartest dumbasses" of the animals on Earth, but eh...
I more see Animals as innocent and don't really deserve some of the crap they get.
Humans though...
...yeah I'll stop there.
I don't think all humans deserve it either.. I don't really care about most of them, but a lot of them haven't done anything worse than most other animals.
No, not all.
I would maybe say more than half that live on this planet though deserve it.
The others I say I would spare if I could and let them live in peace and harmony while the others I would.... yeah... not good thoughts in my mind.
At least according to "normal" people it's not good thoughts.
Do you deserve to live on this planet? Do I? Who are we to judge?
And how would you judge who'd deserve to live and who wouldn't?
I think dead furries are best furries. But what do I care? Meanwhile, trolling doesn't equate to 'bullying'.
I was only kidding about Puzzled and Ludwig. They're nice guys.

:iconfurryhuggleplz: Sounds like someone needs a big, soft, furry hug!
:icondragonhugplz: You can't escape. Just give in and accept your fate.
I'd rather kill myself than to become a furfag, just saying. Never liked the fandom, never liked the level of idiocy propagated from it, the sick fetishes that are made worse by it, and so on.

And that's just the 'fetish' side of the fandom. The otherside of it all is just plain horrible. The otherkinfags that wear fursuits and demands that we accept them like they're some special and 'original' group or even a 'race' when they (meaning furries) are not of a certain defined sexuality, gender, color, ethnicity, or religion.

In observation, when all of it has been seen from the outside- you'd see pretty much every single furfag make the same damn kind of thing, hybridizing things, sparkle dogging it, acting like autistic morons, mixing fetishes, making fursuits, and bawwwing whenever someone points out errors in their 'artwork'.

What's even worse is that it's bleeding into our culture more and more.

I won't change my views about it. Sure, I'll obviously make friends with artists that may use anthropomorphism in their works, but never with a furfag that doesn't know the meaning of art. While you do know the meaning of art to an extent, I kinda didn't like 'join us' mentality that furries have towards their friends. :P Just about as bad as some of my weeaboo friends.
Haha xD Jesus man, calm down.. All fandoms are fucked up.
I just ignore the parts that I don't like and pick an choose what I do like and don't really associate myself with any specific fandom.
Freaking out about shit like this isn't going to change anything.
Na, I just felt like telling you what I see whenever anything 'furry' pops into the conversation. I'm not freaking out, hell, I've more or less typed that down calmly. Lol. : P
View all replies
You're no Damian Hirst I'm afraid. :B
;-) I'm not striving to be. My animal photos are a hobby and I know they'll never be anything more than that. I'm just having fun and sharing the fun with others that like looking at these sorts of things.
I think its proving that you got the piegon and then beheaded it.

A friend had this problem a few years back submitting a photo of a domestic cat eating a bird

I have seen photos of war scenes, mens limbs blown off and that is allowed but not the nature of hunting and eating.

I think the reason is more legal than anything else and doesnt represent DA's ideas of art
I guess so.. It would be pretty hard to prove that I didn't kill the pigeon in my case.
But a cat eating a bird seems like it'd be allowed.. >_> It's ridiculous that you'd get in trouble for that..
It is going back 5-6 years so maybe the rules have changed since then.

I wonder if its okay to take photos of roadkill? maybe you could take a photo before to kind of prove that it was roadkill before you used it.
Maybe if you make meal out of it afterwards that would be okay?
:nod: Probably.

It is for as far as I can tell. But the animals I use aren't roadkill.. ^^;
They're all professionally and legally killed by farmers, hunters and breeders.
So I don't think it'd really prove anything if I took a photo before I took them apart.
That's not really proof that I didn't just slit their throats, shot them or broke their necks and THEN took them apart.

Haha. Maybe.. But I'm not gonna eat rats and mice to make it okay. xD
You could have a signature of consent from the legal killers?
Hmm, that might work.. But most of them don't really want to associate themselves with my hobbies I think..
They're just like "Take it. Don't tell me what you do with it and don't tell people that I gave it to you."
Most of it happens behind the scenes and isn't something they want the general public to think about..
(E.g. If a breeder has a lot of stillborn animals, animals that die shortly after birth and ones that are put down because they're not good enough..)

But I could try next time. If I tell them it's a legal issue they might want to cooperate and sign something.
And I could keep the receipts for the ones that I buy pre-killed.
you're a dead animal to me
:iconblushplz: Awww, really? You're too kind.
:iconiggybrowsplz:
Dead animals are hot.