"She's such a slut!"

Am I the only person who doesn't care if someone sleeps around? It's their body, it's their choice, and if that's what they want to do then it doesn't affect me any. Just as long as they aren't hurting tons of people in the process I see no issue with it. If someone wants to be "friends with benefits" with another person, what harm is it to anyone but those two people?

If they mutually agree to no-strings-attached sex and genuinely enjoy it, good for them. I don't agree with calling someone names just because they have sexual freedom. It's none of my business.

I feel that the definition of "respecting your body" differs with each person. I wouldn't personally have multiple sex partners, but I don't see what's the matter if someone does. The only thing I can see that I would find morally wrong is cheating on/playing with people's feelings. But simply having multiple people that you sleep with? Nah.

It's funny, (geek moment), but in the star trek world, there's a race where both the male and female have 3 wives/husbands each. They see intimacy as a universal thing to be no different than enjoying a nice meal with your best friend. Or playing sports with your buddies. There's no jealosy. Only encouragement from each partner. So I guess in the real world, those ideals hold the same as well for some people especially those in "open" relationships. Like I said. Live your life by your own moral standards as long as it's not self destructive.
Comments235
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm female and once slept with another female friend of the same age in the same bed.

Neither one of us were wearing pants.

My bedroom gets so hot! Jeez, what else were we supposed to do?!
see, I don't call people who like to sleep around 'sluts'
The people I call 'sluts' are people who cheat or sleep around when they are in a relationship that has not been established as 'open' or something.
I don't think I've even seen you post a thread that doesn't paint you as a steaming pile of hypocrisy.
I don't see a problem until an actual commitment is made.
As long as protection is used, especially with new partners, and if it's the case of an open relationship, all partners have okayed it then there shouldn't be an issue. Even if a person wants to only have casual relationships and never wants to settle down with one (or more) partner then that's their choice. Just because it's not the common one it doesn't mean their lovelife is invalid or wrong.

The best thing about it is it doesn't matter if I or someone else is okay with it or not, it's their life so they can do what they like anyway. :bucktooth:
:shrug: as long as both people know the relationship isn't an exclusive one, go ahead and have fun. Some people need to see their own moral codes respected by everyone but truth is, that ain't gonna happen ever so they should just move on.
I don't honestly care what people do behind closed doors.
I've been friends with quite a number of respectable women who have had fuck buddies. You would never guess by looking at them- They always wore 'respectable' clothing, very nice polite girls with a lot going for them in their career. All of these girls are perfectly capable of making their own choices, and are certainly smart enough to take the basic precautions against STD's. Heck, one of them even has each and every guy tested to make sure he's clean before letting it go anywhere! :P

It's only a problem if one of the parties are cheating on a significant other, there are undisclosed multiple fuck buddies, or if feelings get involved. That much said, if mutual feelings develop that's not necessarily a bad thing and something good might come of it. (Hey, at least you'll know you're compatible in advance.)
As for those going on about it being 'physiologically bad, by definition', I'm not seeing it. To be perfectly frank, arrangements with fuck buddies tend to naturally fizzle out without any hurt feelings.. Where as every relationship anyone will ever be involved in will either: A) Go on forever. B) End in tears. Considering that most relationships end at some point, the chance of physiological hardship appears to be far more likely when you are dating someone, rather than just using them as a human dildo.
If all you are after in a person is sexual release, which is the safest 'physiological' option, really? -_-
I'm a bit pervy myself, and some dude thinks I'm going to be a Prostitute. :shifty:

When there is a man prostitute: "Nice one bro!" But when it's a woman: "OMG SUCH A SLUT WTF EWWWIEEE"

Anyways, I don't mind girls like these, but not if she's all idiotic and whiney. :T
I have no problem with a sexually active person of any gender, race, ETC, it's just when they start whining about slut-shaming and trying to make people 'accept' them. If you're going to sleep around/slut around/enjoy your youth, then you do that! Stop telling people who you're sleeping with, stop trying to get attention, STOP ACTING LIKE AN ATTENTION WHORE! You can have sex with whomever you want, whenever you want; just stop fussing when people judge you for it 'cause I'm sure you're judging someone for something else. Same goes for those who want to wait for marriage trying to push abstinence down everyone's throat, or those 'born-again-virgins' who... I don't even know what agenda they try to push anymore.
There was a time when I was a slut-shamer, but over time I began to realize that there's really no harm in it unless she's/he's being an idiot and not using protection and getting STDs or making a bunch of babies.

Frankly I wish I could have had multiple partners, but I'm not attractive enough it seems. One continuous partner is plenty for now, though. :)
I slept around most of my youth. For a short while between 16-18 I was semi well known as they guy who was easily seduced, honest about my intentions and kind when he took virginity. As a result I was used by a few girls as the meaningless first time, to get the worst over with, if you get my meaning. I didn`t even realise I had become this until one of these girls who became friends with me admitted it.

"Sluts" have experience, if they have a brain. And if they have a brain, then STDs are not a huge problem. Enjoy your fucking selves, you bunch of stuck up idiots. Just leave any dishonesty out of your intentions.
I can see some harm in it.
Players only love you when they're playing.-Stevie Nicks

Doesn't bother me any but usually the promiscuous lifestyle comes with a lot of deception.
Define "Player".

Are you saying that someone with an active multiple partnered sexual lifestyle is necessarily deceptive?
I've known a few men and women who were proponents of the casual sex lifestyle but I've never seen it sucessfully work. People still seem to want real intimate connections eventually and that causes conflict. Then in order to maintain multiple partners the lying and the deceptive games start and jealousy always rears its ugly head. If it was possible to separate the emotions from the sex it would be fine but then the sex would become as pointless as masturbating in a closet.
You have limited experience then.

I made it work from lycée to university. As did a rather large group of friends of both sexes.
Maybe so. I am a simple kind of guy. :-)
It's more of a character thing to me. and dem diseases. Not like I care what they do.
I don't go for women who've fucked countless other men in their lifetime, and most women I know don't go for men who've fucked countless other women in their lifetime.
The people that usually do this to others usually have a shitty character to begin with.
I'm cool with women with an active sexual life. :shrug:
A pervy man? Cool.
A pervy woman? EWW NO BITCH SLUT WHORE PROSTITUTE EEEEEHH
... Actually, usually it is seen as the opposite in the primary sense of pervy. Unless we live in Japan.
And isn't it biologically the point to be a slut? To produce more children and keep the species going?
Makes no sense to me. To me, I'd only call someone a whore/slut/whatever is if the sex is done in return for money or anything like that. I don't think it's slutty for anyone to have a lot of sex or multiple partners.

I agree with TheAwesomeFaerie too because the double standard is really irritating, and I agree with the people who said that the STIs and unwanted pregnancy factors would be the only reason my opinion of someone who sleeps around a lot would be lowered. But that would be because of their bad choices (in preventing pregnancy and not using proper protection), not the fact they were sleeping around.
Agreed. What really irks me is the double standard. A man who sleeps around is congratulated, a girl is a slut.