Closed to new replies
February 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 578

How DARE you be proud of your country!

:iconrage-o-rama:
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
CAuTION: SHITSTORM OF UNDILUTED RANTING RAGE AHEAD. Be very afraid :roll: Just read the tldr for the quick n' easy version.

Look, I don't know whether or not this fits in the politics/religion forum, but I digress. It seems that literally everybody else EXCEPT for Americans are allowed to be proud of their homeland while having at least ONE SHARD of basic human respect. Even from my own country, patriots are snubbed by pretentious debby-downers who always say, "Oh, you're one of THOSE people. I'm so happy you're proud of living in the world's fattest nation with the biggest bullshit education. Have fun driving your ugly SUVs and supporting child killing drones." While some of those sentiments are DEFINITELY true, need I remind you that HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN MAY CAST THE FIRST STONE??? AKA NOBODY? If someone from Japan told me how great their country was, I would NEVER say, "Oh, you're one of THOSE people. Have fun living in a country where children beat the elderly, people slay thousands of dolphins, and men die from karoshi every day." If I were to even THINK about doing that, I wouldn't be taken seriously or respected in even the slightest way, which would be what I would deserve if I did that (thankfully NEVER). HOWEVER, everyone, from my own fellow Americans to the ends of the whole earth, says hateful things about America and its ENTIRE population every waking minute, but you know what THEY get? APPLAUDED. FUCKING APPLAUDED because it's not just ANY nation we're talking about, it's the EVIL, GREEDY, FAT, STUPID, WAR MONGERING nation that simply MUST be put down for everything it has done! While I'm definitely not defending the atrocities that we have done (and in general, I just DON'T defend atrocious acts), I find it absolutely appalling that our own government, OUR OWN FRIGGIN GOVERNMENT, wants us down on our knees and apologizing not just for EVERY LITTLE THING we DO, but for who we ARE, 24/7!! OK, WE GET IT. WE'RE APPARENTLY ASSHOLES FOR LIKING AMERICA ABOVE ONE IOTA OF PRIDE.

tldr: I hate it when people antagonize Americans for being patriotic, but will freely ramble about how amazing they are just because they aren't us.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcindertwig:
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013
You have never been to Sweden then. If you even mention the country or show a flag from the coountry you will be labled as a racist by a shitton of people (It does not exactly help that our third biggest party is refered to as the racist party).
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013
Oh goodie! :D time to make a sarcastic response.

Really? We have one too: We call them the Republican party. What do you call yours?
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013
The Swedish Democrats. (It's the partys name not thier political alignment)
:icon5-7x28mm:
5-7x28mm Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
You can't be proud of being white, American, straight, or male. God forbid you're proud of all of the above, because then you're probably a Klan member.

This is life.
:iconkhomaa:
Khomaa Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Being a patriotic American makes an American a nazi or some shit.
Of course it doesn't help that a lot of the Patriotic Americans are neo-nazi rednecks or jesusfreaks.
:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist
Man, fuck your text wall.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
Wait, Japanese kids beat the elderly? D: I've never heard of that.
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
This was a very silly statement to make on my part, but I've read some news articles that said that the younger generation is apparently awful over there. These are most definitely the EXCEPTION of the younger generation, not the rule.
Okay because I don't think it's like that over there. I'm not sure how bad they can get.
Like I said, this was not a very factual cultural example that I based that rhetoric off of; it's just another stereotype of a country to give people justification for vapid hatred, and I just cited that as an example of pure idiocy because that's what people like to do when making stereotypes. Most are based on less than one iota of truth and yet people are willing to accept them as fact, not because most people believe that they're true, but because people want excuses to despise other people for no good reason.
Even as a stereotype, I have never heard of that.
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
At least Americans have a bloody identity and they're proud of it.
Here in Canada we don't know what the hell we are. We don't make anything, we only consume and follow.
Peacekeepers one day and Americas hat the next.
Fuck.
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013
Maple syrup.
Don't be so down on yourself; Canada has plenty of its own stuff that we don't get here. Like the winter holidays there; I hear that there are entire slides made of ice! I so want to go to one of those festivals :iconiwantitplz:
:iconi-stamp:
i-stamp Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
Of the things that I am proud of in this country, it's not our politics or handling of social topics. It's our sciences and technology, but sadly we are losing ground on both of those things.

We do make some kick ass video games though.
:iconjynxeddraca:
JynxedDraca Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I'm proud of my country to a degree but I get really irritated with uber-patriots. I made a comment that I liked the healthcare system better in certain other countries because everyone got treated, and I was basically told that I wasn't American and to GTFO of America.
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
That's retarded. Sure I disagree with national health care, but that shouldn't make you any LESS American.
:iconjynxeddraca:
JynxedDraca Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Student Digital Artist
:shrug: I live in a very conservative part of America. If you don't agree, you don't need to be here seems to be the motto.
:iconblack-angel-dan:
Black-Angel-Dan Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Student Writer
You're talking to a German here and I can say, at least your anthem didn't get banned. :lol:

Because of these events, quite a lot of people in Germany lack any national feeling. Who would want to identify themselves with the Nazi past, though it clearly is not part of Germany's identity but solely its history? By percentage, the highest Nazi rate is found East-South of Germany, Tchechslovakia. People should stop living in the past as it already passed. We should be living in the future as living in the present equals living in the past as each moment once we talk about it already passed.

But seriously, no one likes nationalists. However, no one minds patriots.

And remember... what Kurt Tucholsky, one of the most influental German authors of the Weimar Republic said:

"We are traitors to our own country because we are patriots."
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student Filmographer
EXCEPT ONE SHARD THOSE DEFINITELY HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN MAY CAST THE FIRST STONE??? AKA NOBODY? NEVER THOSE THINK NEVER HOWEVER ENTIRE THEY APPLAUDED FUCKING APPLAUDED ANY EVIL, GREEDY, FAT, STUPID, WAR MONGERING MUST DON'T EVERY LITTLE THING DO ARE OK, WE GET IT. WE'RE APPARENTLY ASSHOLES FOR LIKING AMERICA ABOVE ONE IOTA OF PRIDE

I don't understand, what is the secret message?
:iconjunete:
junete Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
You have to drop each 7th letter, turn what's left counter clockwise and ask, "who is John Galt?"
:iconkillerfreya:
KillerFreya Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I love my country, but I wish they would do something about the lower half of it...
:iconpokey-bunny:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It's harder for a German to be patriotic without being attacked.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Sadly, that's true as well. I have nothing against Germans.
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Yeah.
:saddummy: That makes me sad.
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It is kinda sad.
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
Yeah..
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
And I think it's sad.....despite that whole Nazi thing :slow:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Yeah, it is kinda sad. They should be allowed to be proud of their country, and I understand it's because of the Nazi's and all. But hopefully they will be able to get past it, they shouldn't forget, but... I don't know.
:iconmylastel:
mylastel Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
I don't see anything wrong with being proud of your own country. =P What is wrong for me is when someone degrades other countries. I admire America, after all it's the biggest land of "freedom". But personally, I just don't like SOME Americans for being assholes and sex-drugs-hungry :p and some teens there who have no respect anymore to some people like to those older than them. :no:
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Me neither :lol:
:iconsoda-with-cyanide:
soda-with-cyanide Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student General Artist
Same here, almost.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
They don't. You just confuse nationalistic with patriotic.
:iconmaryyana:
MaryYana Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013   Traditional Artist
Being proud of a country is pretty stupid really. A country contains at least as much that each and every person can dislike as it contains things you can like. You may think of a country as a unity, but really it's just a lot of very different people being controlled by a small bunch of assholes who don't care to understand the people they lead and well... a piece of land. A country doesn't do things, people do things. You can be proud of american culture, you can be proud of the american government or something like that, but I don't see how anyone thinks it's logical to be proud of the entire thing that is America as none of those things alone make an entire country. Especially not if they then go on to whine about the people who are part of, and they consider a threat towards, their country. Those people are part of the country. If you dislike them, you are not proud of your entire country. And if you really do like every single part of your country, you must be an asshole. There is no other good description for someone who is proud of the mass murders someone else committed. Because mass murders do happen. No matter which country you live in, it is very likely that someone killed a lot of people at once there.
:iconhtimsnayr:
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
[link]

In all seriousness, we have many problems to work out before our country can be said to deserve the pride its citizens have in it. But with quite a bit of work, I think it can be made into a place worthy of that admiration.
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
I hate America.
KillerFreya Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Good for you. Do you want a shirt, or will a button suffice?
Elmida Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
Ohhhhhh lol look at all of you froth at the mouth.
KillerFreya Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What?
Elmida Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
Huh?
KillerFreya Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You're the one ranting at me.
Elmida Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
Oh but I lost interest like, 5 days ago, so...
KillerFreya Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Figures.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Real mature :roll:
But it's working.
:iconmiletich2:
miletich2 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
If you live here, why not move the hell out?
What makes you assume I live there?
:iconmiletich2:
miletich2 Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
My mistake. I should have read your profile before posting.
:icondragonquestwes:
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
Hahahahaha
Add a Comment: