Closed to new replies
February 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 578

How DARE you be proud of your country!

:iconrage-o-rama:
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
CAuTION: SHITSTORM OF UNDILUTED RANTING RAGE AHEAD. Be very afraid :roll: Just read the tldr for the quick n' easy version.

Look, I don't know whether or not this fits in the politics/religion forum, but I digress. It seems that literally everybody else EXCEPT for Americans are allowed to be proud of their homeland while having at least ONE SHARD of basic human respect. Even from my own country, patriots are snubbed by pretentious debby-downers who always say, "Oh, you're one of THOSE people. I'm so happy you're proud of living in the world's fattest nation with the biggest bullshit education. Have fun driving your ugly SUVs and supporting child killing drones." While some of those sentiments are DEFINITELY true, need I remind you that HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN MAY CAST THE FIRST STONE??? AKA NOBODY? If someone from Japan told me how great their country was, I would NEVER say, "Oh, you're one of THOSE people. Have fun living in a country where children beat the elderly, people slay thousands of dolphins, and men die from karoshi every day." If I were to even THINK about doing that, I wouldn't be taken seriously or respected in even the slightest way, which would be what I would deserve if I did that (thankfully NEVER). HOWEVER, everyone, from my own fellow Americans to the ends of the whole earth, says hateful things about America and its ENTIRE population every waking minute, but you know what THEY get? APPLAUDED. FUCKING APPLAUDED because it's not just ANY nation we're talking about, it's the EVIL, GREEDY, FAT, STUPID, WAR MONGERING nation that simply MUST be put down for everything it has done! While I'm definitely not defending the atrocities that we have done (and in general, I just DON'T defend atrocious acts), I find it absolutely appalling that our own government, OUR OWN FRIGGIN GOVERNMENT, wants us down on our knees and apologizing not just for EVERY LITTLE THING we DO, but for who we ARE, 24/7!! OK, WE GET IT. WE'RE APPARENTLY ASSHOLES FOR LIKING AMERICA ABOVE ONE IOTA OF PRIDE.

tldr: I hate it when people antagonize Americans for being patriotic, but will freely ramble about how amazing they are just because they aren't us.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcindertwig:
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013
You have never been to Sweden then. If you even mention the country or show a flag from the coountry you will be labled as a racist by a shitton of people (It does not exactly help that our third biggest party is refered to as the racist party).
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013
Oh goodie! :D time to make a sarcastic response.

Really? We have one too: We call them the Republican party. What do you call yours?
:iconcindertwig:
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013
The Swedish Democrats. (It's the partys name not thier political alignment)
:icon5-7x28mm:
5-7x28mm Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
You can't be proud of being white, American, straight, or male. God forbid you're proud of all of the above, because then you're probably a Klan member.

This is life.
:iconkhomaa:
Khomaa Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Being a patriotic American makes an American a nazi or some shit.
Of course it doesn't help that a lot of the Patriotic Americans are neo-nazi rednecks or jesusfreaks.
:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist
Man, fuck your text wall.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
Wait, Japanese kids beat the elderly? D: I've never heard of that.
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
This was a very silly statement to make on my part, but I've read some news articles that said that the younger generation is apparently awful over there. These are most definitely the EXCEPTION of the younger generation, not the rule.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
Okay because I don't think it's like that over there. I'm not sure how bad they can get.
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Like I said, this was not a very factual cultural example that I based that rhetoric off of; it's just another stereotype of a country to give people justification for vapid hatred, and I just cited that as an example of pure idiocy because that's what people like to do when making stereotypes. Most are based on less than one iota of truth and yet people are willing to accept them as fact, not because most people believe that they're true, but because people want excuses to despise other people for no good reason.
Add a Comment: