Closed to new replies
February 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 111

Maths! D:

:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I had a Maths and English assessment to day for a possible job interview ( its a bit crazy ) anyway, English one first, I'm like zoom! Super quick.

Until I hit the Maths one, I wonder if people can get a phobia of Maths, because I was terrified ( yes even shaking ) and the questions were simple, like, how many coins do you have here, how much do you need to make 20. ( they did get harder )

But fuck, I am the WORST person ever, if anyone asks me anything maths related, I usually just refuse and pass it to someone else, so I hate being pressured into it.

I need to practice.

Thing is, I can ( well could, probably not now! ) do Algebra, Trig, Pythagoras, but if you give me the SIMPLE SUMS inside those equations BY THEMSELVES I cannot do it, put it in an Algebra sum, and I can.

Fucking idiot.

Hmph.

Also I've started exercising again, I used to think that the exercises I did was easy, but I redid them and I nearly died. Damn I should quit giving up.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
I've always been excellent at English, and while I'm not terrible at math I really start to slip once you get to Calculus.

It seems that those who are good at English are bad at Math, and vice-versa.
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
yeah, I'm pretty average at English, okay at art but maths, I'm laughably bad at.
:iconsemi-surreal:
semi-surreal Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"Average" only at English...? Babe, you ARE English!
Now make us proud with an A+ since you represent the Union Jack and all that.
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Student General Artist
What I know (and actually good at) in maths: Geometry and.. you know, and the ones that uses logic.
I'm okay with the ones that have a plan, you know like algebra, its just a little puzzle :)
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Professional
... You lost me at "math."
semi-surreal Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What position was the interview for, and did it legitimately require your Math(s) skills to be tested?
Bar work, which I have done before, also I have to do a 3 weeks course to get a change to get the job.
semi-surreal Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
ah...You literally caught me "last minute" on here; it's 3:05am (in Chicago) and I got school at noon (community college computer coarses [hey, that's a lot of alliteration, haha]). Anyway...

Yeah, bartending's a tough job - especially being an attractive young lady around a bunch of drunken men! I hope you know martial arts or have pepper-spray handy!

Maths is necessary, unfortunately. The best advice I could give you is to say that the best mathameticians are highly INTUITIVE (initially) -- not analytical, like most folks assume! They have a "feel" for quantities -- they don't just memorize and blindly apply formuals. So basically, they're "conceptual" in their thinking (or should I say "feeling"?).

I wish you luck; let us know how it goes, OK?

haha, and go see that Discrete (computer-applications) Maths I have under my "Scraps" gallery, haha!
Not allowed pepper spray, its the UK, I have however worked as a bar tender before, never had any problems, I'm a bit of a feminist so I wouldn't accept that behaviour, and yes, I did Judo and Ju Jitsu.

Maths is necessary, but not THAT necessary, I can do sums when I'm not under pressure, but generally if they go YOU MUST BE GOOD AT MATHS, I freak out >:
Add a Comment: