Split Tea on Macbook Air

I'm so fucking pissed. I spilled it all over my MacBook air keyboard. I automatically turned it upside down and have been letting it dry but it won't turn on. What do I do.
Comments55
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Dip it in a lot of rice and then consider the fact that my MacBook has survived multiple dousing with juice over the years. I don't know why yours didn't.
have been letting it dry but it won't turn on

Lol
Take this opportunity to buy a proper fucking laptop.
Maybe buy a decent fucking computer?
I just said I had no say in what type of computers our school bought.
Maybe type a fucking entertaining complaint?
Many moons ago, I spilt beer on my laptop. That really fucked it over. I think the valuable lesson here is, keep all liquids away from electronics. Hopefully, it will dry out. =B
I dropped my MP3 player when walking through a forest once. It survived 14 hours of being constantly rained on in the mud and worked perfectly afterwards. That's what I get for having a Samsung instead of an Apple. :meow:
I didn't get to pick what kind of computer we got. It was a school board decision.
You should tell your school board that you need laptops with a functional and practical amount of USB slots.
Fun fact: Most computer components can actually go through a dishwasher with little ill effect. If you spill liquid on your computer, immediately remove the battery and cut power. The liquid itself won't hurt shit as long as there isn't a current running through it. Let that shit dry completely and I mean completely before attempting to power it back up again.

You might be double fucked because you spilt tea and not just water so the inside might be sticky for a while which might gum it up worse.
That is a very interesting fact, but I will not be testing that theory anytime soon.
I wouldn't recommend doing so.
Apparently u don't know the MacBook air u can't take apart.
Then unplug it or turn it off. Point being, don't let electricity flow through the damn thing when there's water in it.
I know. I did that. Its broken.
Continue letting it dry. It's a less expensive option than taking it to a technician, and if it's really dead than an extra day of waiting won't make it deader. Unless you really need a computer right /now/ in which case you're gonna have to talk to someone about it. You mentioned it wasn't yours so you might have to have the school just take it back.
It's a Mac. She can't remove the battery (easily and without breaking the warranty).
Y'know, I've never had to remove a battery on a Mac so I guess I didn't know that. The point however still stands, that if the computer is WET it needs to be OFF.