Waited 2 Years - LDR - Forever Alone, Broken Heart. Fail.

I should be sleeping i know - but my insomnia is making it much too difficult. And i felt like whinging. I'm new-ish to forums - so i particularly enjoy that i can vent in the specified complaints column.

Anyways - I fell in love with a boy - A handsome boy at that - wonderfully creative like me - Anyways - he's a Mormon and i am too - at least i was. Now i am just classed as inactive because i don't go anymore.

He went on his mission for church - before he leaves he asks me to wait. Like a fool i said yes. For two years - I wrote him, sent him care packages - drawings, all that jazz - almost every week.

Boy get's back - Says i don't know you anymore.

I say okay - that's fine let's get to know each other again.

Boy says you talk to me like you do back then.

I say Okay. - Crap i don't know how to be around you now.

Boy says take some time apart. I say sadly. Okay.

Go to a party. Boy is with another girl. Turns out they have been dating since he got back.

Heart shatters.

Oh yeah this just wasn't some guy. This was also my well used to be best fwen.

Ugh - the sadness is overwhelming.
Comments311
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Step one: It's recommended that one should quit the Mormon church, it's filled with creepy, greedy, and fucked-up practices on top of it being a church that's started by a bat-shit crazy scam artist (much like scientiology, only back in the 1800's and it being christian based). Fuck, even Catholicism seems appealing in comparison to those dumb fucks.
Step two: Learn grammar, because we gotta be able understand what the hell you've just typed down.
Step three: Learn to explore the world, explore yourself, and overall, live a worthwhile life until you've found someone along the way. Chances are you'll find someone that isn't a Mormon that won't treat you like that.

TL;DR, forget about him and go have fun with your life.
Well, consider yourself lucky you did not waste your life on him. Go out and live your life and forget about that idiot. The best form of revenge is to be happy and do something with your life.
Church mission? Is he LDS?

My ex boyfriend is mormon. He broke up with a few months before leaving for his mission because he didn't want to be 'pulled in', whatever the hell that means. Anyways, I've only written to him once since. I figured that things would play out when he got back about the same way they did with you. Missions change people.
Dude, fuck him. That's no way to repay someone for 2 years of faithfulness (no pun intended) and he didn't even have the balls to break up with you.
sounds like a real piece of shit to me, you're better off without him.
Maybe it has something to do with his religion. Back when I used to go to church, I knew several couples, who loved each other, but were told by the pastor that they can't get married because "gawd said so" and one of the parties ended up marrying someone completely different very shortly after breaking up to a person the pastor thought to be more suitable.
When I grew up and left, I realized the pastor was just trying to marry rich people into his family and church in order to get his hands on all of that glorious cash.:no:
That's fucked up. :iconwthplz:
I know. When I first started suspecting shit, I didn't want to believe it, because my whole world started crumbling, but as I grew older, I realized just how full of shit the church leaders actually were.
On another fucked up story from same place: the pastor's eldest son divorced his wife after less than a year of marriage, because he wanted her to pop out babies and she wanted to study in uni, because that particular thing she wanted to study and make a career of was her dream. She was boo'ed by the son and pastor as an "unfit" woman, because she "disobeyed" her husband.:stare:
Kill them. Kill them with fire.
We can be inactive buddies :lol:

I agree with ~GoGo-T-W, he probably wanted to get married in the temple quick. My brother's mission president basically advised to be married within six months of getting home or something :shrug: But that is still no excuse. Sounds like this boy is a jerk and led you on.

A buddy of mine was seeing this one gal and she said she'd wait for him while he was serving. She went to school in Provo and he figured all was good. She wrote often and things seemed normal. His companion mentioned that his brother met someone at school and was engaged. Showed a picture of his brother and fiance to my buddy and guess who was in the picture, what he thought was his girl friend.

Forget this loser and meet someone awesome who can appreciate you. If he comes crawling back, I'd kick him to the curb.
I dated a guy for 8 years. Mhm.
We were going to get married this year.
He got real ill whilst working away at college.
I encouraged him to see a doctor. He doesn't go.
Disappears for 2 weeks though. Comes back and dumps me.

Said it was only for sex.
I was scored from his heart, he was looking for someone new.
My memories are burnt, erased, painted over. And sadly, I'm just quoting his E-MAIL.

I don't go into full details on what's happened.
But my point is, it could be worse.

You weren't used and broken.
So you still have something.
It's hard but you just have to take things a day at a time.
What the hell? That's insane, generally people don't get used for sex that long or agree to marry people they won't... hmm, odd. Although I did hear of a guy that agreed to marry his girlfriend but set the date ten years in advance then never went through with it and she finally left him. :P Hey, think of it this way, dodged a bullet.
That's true, if I DID get married and something hit the fan then - I could have lost everything or half of my stuff in a divorce. D:
He's probably all, "I gotta marry some girl in the temple QUICK" and dumped you because you don't go anymore.
Now you know why us sinners don't care much for waitin...
What? You`ve never wanted to be the murderous ex-girlfriend before? Shotgun? Staged gas explosions? Slasher movie reproductions? Plain old pushing out of the window?

You fucking mormons. You never get it right.
If he gets with another girl while he is with you and acts like it's your fault that it doesn't work out (telling you he doesn't know you and then asks you to be the way you used to be without even telling you what that is like) and fools you around like this, he wasn't worth keeping anyway.

He should have told you straight out that he had found someone else and therefore it was best to break up. One might say that it would've made you sad, but finding it out on your own is worse since he then not only has found someone else, but also has lied to you. That man wasn't worth your attention. He was an asshole. Fuck that shit.
Sounds like my ex in the sense he seemed to be a total sweetie and my bestie but was a total dog (and a coward, dumped me in a one minute phone call!). :huggle: You'll do better without him.
...Wonderfully creative like you.
I'm guessing you're just not a good judge of character and people.
Who is these days?
I'm a great judge.
Pick one:
The Shining
Pulp Fiction
Nightmare on Elm Street

Then Another:
The Dark Knight
Avengers
The Fantastic Four

And finally:
Pokemon(Animé)
Black Lagoon
The Garden of Sinners/Kara No Kyoukai

If you do not have the right 3 then you have no better judgement skills than a monkey who picked the grenade dipped in cyanide over the banana.